Changes AKA How the new staff team are going to spoil your fun

kev

Yes we shouldn't repeat them. Or should we? :LOL:

Will I be infracted again? THAT is the question.

Like MuseLivers? :awesome::p

It's more for repeated mistakes, then people lose trust in you. I don't feel like I should be respected above any other user here, but there has to be that level of trust in the moderation team. If they screw up too much, people lose confidence in them, then we have problems. I'll admit that I did poorly tonight in the LA thread - I even told a user that wasn't arguing to stop! It's just that if I keep making silly mistakes like that, or anyone else in the team for that matter, no-one will ever have hope in us.

Well, you've had one strike. Two more and you're out.

:D

oj.

<3

Like MuseLivers? :awesome::p

It's more for repeated mistakes, then people lose trust in you. I don't feel like I should be respected above any other user here, but there has to be that level of trust in the moderation team. If they screw up too much, people lose confidence in them, then we have problems. I'll admit that I did poorly tonight in the LA thread - I even told a user that wasn't arguing to stop! It's just that if I keep making silly mistakes like that, or anyone else in the team for that matter, no-one will ever have hope in us.

And I am still offended that you could even think that I would do such a thing as ARGUING. :noey:

It's not about learning. There really isn't anything for the new mods to learn, here. They're just doing what people have DEMANDED since the Resistance came out... that is, making sure that all the Muse areas are completely free of conflict because people around here seem to have gone from being firey rock fans with a wicked sense of humour to a complete bunch of lazily-spaffing pansies who don't seem to be able to handle any form of debate. Sahrry, but you all asked for it. Repeatedly.

*likes profusely* This is most of the reason I don't even bother coming in here anymore.

I think everyone should be a mod. Last 10 people not banned should remain and a new forum should be formed by them.

I wish mods could ban other mods. If Gemsy was still a mod, then I'd ban her arse. :phu:

And I am still offended that you could even think that I would do such a thing as ARGUING. :noey:

I know, I'm sorry man :(

Probably not the right place to say this as it's not anything the mods have control over but the main problem I find with the whole opinion airing thing is that some people state their opinion as if it's fact, which leads to the whole 'yes it is/no it isn't' malarky and from there it can descend into a slanging match quite easily. Not sure if people can be encouraged to self-moderate their language? I find it much easier to engage in a discussion when I'm not feeling quite so challenged to start with purely because of a lack of 'I think...'

Probably not the right place to say this as it's not anything the mods have control over but the main problem I find with the whole opinion airing thing is that some people state their opinion as if it's fact, which leads to the whole 'yes it is/no it isn't' malarky and from there it can descend into a slanging match quite easily. Not sure if people can be encouraged to self-moderate their language? I find it much easier to engage in a discussion when I'm not feeling quite so challenged to start with purely because of a lack of 'I think...'

I've always found it's those who're more defensive of the band who take that approach tbh. plus, with things like setlists, which are subjective, there should be no need to say "in my opinion" each time, the fact that it's about something as subjective should make that self-evident

I've always found it's those who're more defensive of the band who take that approach tbh. plus, with things like setlists, which are subjective, there should be no need to say "in my opinion" each time, the fact that it's about something as subjective should make that self-evident

Maybe it comes from posting on parenting forums where things really are personal (that's my kids you're talking about there mate! :mad: type thing :LOL: ) and maybe it comes from years of communications skills development stuff (not that you'd know it!) from various things to do with parenting but I don't feel particularly defensive of the band so much as preferring a generally nicer atmosphere when I post on the internet. The attitude of 'don't post in public if you don't want to be shot down' is understandable but, IMO *grin*, unnecessarily harsh and it's just as possible to make one's point without scoring points playground-style over other people. While a good 'fuffle can make interesting reading from time to time, regular-to-constant bickering is just wearing (I have 4 daughters. Believe me I have experience of being tired-out from as well as tired of bickering!)

Anyway, like I said, it's just my opinion...

Actually, on reflection, I think that what I've seen here (lots of, from the same few people lots of the time, and this is what's wearing and also what's pushed several boardies away from even visiting here any more) is unnecessarily agressive reaction to people posting their opinion. If making the point that one is posting one's opinion, when one posts it, means that the opinion isn't reacted to as fact and pounced on for being 'wrong' then I think that's a good thing. Though if people did just chill out a bit and not deride opinions, whether clearly stated as such or not, that would be good too :)

Not to throw a spanner into the works but it crossed my mind that if someone does keep making mistakes then surely it would question if they should still be in the job? It might be that they're not right for the job and their sense of judgement may not be suitable.

I think if modding is going to be changed on the basis of the results of that survey, general consensus or otherwise, it needs to be repeated with an announcement so that a wider sample of people can give an opinion.

/2cents.

I think if modding is going to be changed on the basis of the results of that survey, general consensus or otherwise, it needs to be repeated with an announcement so that a wider sample of people can give an opinion.

/2cents.

+1.

I only knew about it because I'd been visiting this thread and happened to spot it.

I can't see that happening really, a lot of effort as it was for the mods that ran it. Bummer a lot of you guys missed it, we can of course give you the questions though if you want to email an entry in so we can get your view included. To be honest though there were very few surprises it mostly reinforced what could have been guessed.

I think though people have been getting in a flap over things that aren't the case. Which seems to be this assumption that criticising Muse will no longer be allowed which isn't true and we're working on how to accomodate most peoples needs (except the trolls of course ;) )

I don't think there's been any incentive to dissuade people from venting their opinions, apart from perhaps making them public in a more appropriate place than threads which are full of people who have just witnessed, in the overwhelming majority of cases, one of the greatest shows of their lives.

I think it's disingenuous to their memories to allow that to carry on but I don't by any stretch of the imagination want to stifle people's right to speak their mind.

There's a time and place for every POV and that's what we want to reinforce :yesey:

I don't think there's been any incentive to dissuade people from venting their opinions, apart from perhaps making them public in a more appropriate place than threads which are full of people who have just witnessed, in the overwhelming majority of cases, one of the greatest shows of their lives.

I think it's disingenuous to their memories to allow that to carry on but I don't by any stretch of the imagination want to stifle people's right to speak their mind.

There's a time and place for every POV and that's what we want to reinforce :yesey:

• 2 months later...
Essentially, the better and more thorough feedback we get from users, the more informed decisions we can make and as Niall says, we will be seeking your input shortly.

I know you said shortly, but if I don't post this now, I will probably forget :o I think there should be a slightly bigger 'New Users' section, making it a little bit easier to get to know how everything works before being thrown into the chaos that the board can be.

Thats the only thing I can think of, it's probably something regular users don't even think about. :)

Archived