PRS Quatro (53/10's) vs PRS Custom 24 (57/08's) shoot out, 53/10's and 57/08's AB'ed

Johnny021

Very nice! I loved In Your World and Mighty to Save ;)

In my opinion, the Quatro sounds much better. I feel that the Custom 24 lacks note definition, and I think the pickups in the Quatro really fit well for that guitar. I'd put the MBK3s in the Custom 24. Plus, then you've got some higher-output pickups for all of your 24-fret Herman Li needs :LOL:

In my opinion, the Quatro sounds much better. I feel that the Custom 24 lacks note definition, and I think the pickups in the Quatro really fit well for that guitar. I'd put the MBK3s in the Custom 24. Plus, then you've got some higher-output pickups for all of your 24-fret Herman Li needs :LOL:

+1

And high output guitars work well with 24 fret guitars. I have an epi SG with 24 frets and dirty fingers and it works great

And fantastic playing dude!! And Neil, his sort of asking us a question on which guitar to put the pick-ups in. Its not really a review thread.

hahahaha thank you for your compliment. I am still kinda up in the air. I was sure I wanted to swap pickup on a particular guitar, but I keep going back and forth on it. I don't know which I want anymore. But the good thing is it'll take a week or so for the pick ups to arrive here in the US, so I'll sleep on it some more :$

why has this not been merged yet? :LOL: there's a review thread somewhere...

lol stop trying to get me in trouble! I'm asking for opinions not doing a review. :)

+1

And high output guitars work well with 24 fret guitars. I have an epi SG with 24 frets and dirty fingers and it works great

And fantastic playing dude!! And Neil, his sort of asking us a question on which guitar to put the pick-ups in. Its not really a review thread.

hahahaha thanks for your kind words sir and reiterating my purpose :)

• 8 months later...

Just here to help bud!

I have all three 53/10 Quatro, 57/08 on a CU 24 and 59/09 on a CU24. Read your thread tonight and playing them all over and over. 53/10 on Quatro rules. Put your hot pups on the Cu24. Dont sell the 57/08's they are awesome and you'll probably put them back on at some point. The CU24 is a different board anyhow and should sound different even with 53/10's on it. For me I would keep both pups on both guitars as these pups are gems and use pedals and eq's/mixing desks to do the rest. For clean sounds nothing beats the souls of these and vintage pups. I've got many other guitars and have played around with different pups for many years but in the end its your ears ,your choice, your money, your life, your guitars, your pickups, your confusion.

Keep the pups get a cat. If you've already got one get another one.

Just here to help bud!

I have all three 53/10 Quatro, 57/08 on a CU 24 and 59/09 on a CU24. Read your thread tonight and playing them all over and over. 53/10 on Quatro rules. Put your hot pups on the Cu24. Dont sell the 57/08's they are awesome and you'll probably put them back on at some point. The CU24 is a different board anyhow and should sound different even with 53/10's on it. For me I would keep both pups on both guitars as these pups are gems and use pedals and eq's/mixing desks to do the rest. For clean sounds nothing beats the souls of these and vintage pups. I've got many other guitars and have played around with different pups for many years but in the end its your ears ,your choice, your money, your life, your guitars, your pickups, your confusion.

Keep the pups get a cat. If you've already got one get another one.

Pal... This got posted last year :LOL:

Archived