Jimmyneutron

Why is it a brilliant song? Other than some vocal effects and its structure, it's basically a worrying pointer towards Guiding Light. :erm:

It's brilliant because it's all about Death.

The song's narrator is heartbroken because his loved one is dying (or already dead), and unlike in the fairy tales, a kiss won't bring the lover back to them. Then it goes on to say that there is nothing after death. That there is no forgiveness for whatever wrongs you do in life and that there is no Heaven where you spend eternity happily ever after.

The music arrangement is beautiful by itself, but coupled with the lyrics, the song is a brilliant contemplation on mortality.

First you tell me to go kill myself, then you call me a wanker. :erm: You stay classy, whoever the fuck you are.

At first I was going to say go fuck yourself, but you strike me as the kind of person that would enjoy it.

Hey, both of you cut it out, particularly you, Death_of_Me.

We'll both whip out our banhammers and play whack-a-troll :awesome:

If you can whack a troll then they could pack the hole from whence the pack of trolls came out for you to whack them whole in the back of the soul leaving you lacking a troll to slap a goal into the stacks of coal called banishment.

Then all lived in civility,

Even though some may not agree,

We still will speak negatively,

Of Origin of Symmetry.

For when He calls "open minded,"

We can be sure in our hearts that we used to be so free,

To speak proudly from out hearts negatively,

Of Origin of Symmetry.

Not that I'm implying anything's wrong with moderation and Origin of Symmetry.... :awesome:

Whoa, calm down matey, cut it with the provocation :).

I geuninely think what i said is the reason why Matt can't really relate to their older material. He is living the life of the stars nowadays but back then (showbiz/oos days) he was just a one in a million young guy with a lot of depressing thoughts like a lot of us.

...because of 'gay falsetto shouts' and 'shitty emo lyrics'? - Both of which you know full well aren't true or applicable or are, at least, grossly exaggerated.

Please just keep it civil :).

And we all know that Matt's never been the greatest of lyricists. I mean, someone who uses the word 'soul' in more than half the songs on a certain album is evidently lacking a spark of genius :chuckle:.

And we all know that Matt's never been the greatest of lyricists. I mean, someone who uses the word 'soul' in more than half the songs on a certain album is evidently lacking a spark of genius :chuckle:.

I think he feels as though he has to have at least a couple references to that word in every album. Like some sort of quota :rolleyes:

Probably been said, either here or elsewhere, but it's not very coherent as an album. Not that I require my albums to have some theme-of-the-day... but probably because it has so many diverse bright moments, it feels like a bunch of good songs from different albums hastily stuck together.

EDIT: Oh, it has been said. :LOL:

Archived