Jimmyneutron

- The combination of Screenager > Darkshines > Feeling Good is absolutely horrid. As much as I like Screenager, the latter two just do absolutely NOTHING to add momentum to the album, as well as being quite naff anyway. I won't object to the songs being on there, the album just desperately needed an order shuffle.

- The piano at the beginning of New Born sounds absolutely horrid recorded, and the feedback (?) noises at the beginning of both Hyper Music and Plug in Baby are terrible.

Those are my two big issues with the album, the first point there being a reason why it's not my favourite of their 5 albums.

Darkshines is brilliant. You're just dumb

I think the video is horrible , I just really don't like the concept for it. And without the solo I don't think the song would be much good at all. Takes too long to build up as well.

And:

Parachutes > Showbiz

OoS = AROBTH

Abso > X&Y

BHaR > VLV

imo.

I agree as well. Parachutes is my favorite Coldplay album.

You have Falling Down, Unintended, Overdue, Sober, Escape, Hate This & I'll Love You, Feeling Good, Time Is Running Out, Sing For Absolution, Falling Away With You,Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist, Map Of The Problematique, Exo-Politics, Uprising, Resistance, Guiding Light and Unnatural Selection. :noey:

Please, stick your head in an oven for lumping those two gems in with "crap". :phu:

I can agree with you on some of the others, but those two are brilliant.

You have Falling Down, Unintended, Overdue, Sober, Escape, Hate This & I'll Love You, Feeling Good, Time Is Running Out, Sing For Absolution, Falling Away With You,Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist, Map Of The Problematique, Exo-Politics, Uprising, Resistance, Guiding Light and Unnatural Selection. :noey:

:facepalm::phu:

On-Topic: Citizen Erased. Shave a minute or two off. But then, why mess with perfection - that was just the most negative thing I could think of.

When you listen to OoS all the way through it doesn't seem like a good album. But when you listen to them individually, they sound fantastic!!

I agree with this. But then again I generally prefer albums that have very varied songs compared to those designed to work as an album. Some albums admirably straddle both areas, such as Gorillaz's Demon Days, but Origin is certainly not one of them.

Please, stick your head in an oven for lumping those two gems in with "crap". :phu:

I can agree with you on some of the others, but those two are brilliant.

Sorry, did you just tell me to kill myself for an opinion I expressed?

So which non-heavy Muse songs do you enjoy? NSC?

The lack of logic in this post is astounding.

Sorry, did you just tell me to kill myself for an opinion I expressed?

At first I was going to say go fuck yourself, but you strike me as the kind of person that would enjoy it.

I can agree with you that some of those songs are lackluster, but "Sing For Absolution" is a brilliant song.

At first I was going to say go fuck yourself, but you strike me as the kind of person that would enjoy it.

I can agree with you that some of those songs are lackluster, but "Sing For Absolution" is a brilliant song.

First you tell me to go kill myself, then you call me a wanker. :erm: You stay classy, whoever the fuck you are.

Why is it a brilliant song? Other than some vocal effects and its structure, it's basically a worrying pointer towards Guiding Light. :erm:

Why is it a brilliant song? Other than some vocal effects and its structure, it's basically a worrying pointer towards Guiding Light. :erm:

HOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALEHOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALEHOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALEHOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALEHOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALEHOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALE

Lips are turning blue, a kiss that can't renew, I only dream of you, my beautiful.

It's eerily beautiful. :)

HOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALEHOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALEHOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALEHOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALEHOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALEHOLELRKJKFC DTOLAISSRUGFNALDJCAS>FAYWOYHALE

Lips are turning blue, a kiss that can't renew, I only dream of you, my beautiful.

It's eerily beautiful. :)

Eloquently put, sir.

Darkshines is only an 8/10 track. Feeling Good doesn't quite fit into the flow, despite it being a brilliant cover. Forced In, Recess, and maybe Futurism should have been included instead.

Micro Cuts' outro riff could have gone on a little bit longer. Because it's awesome.

Yep. I'm struggling.

Archived