Jimmyneutron

The album gets boring once Microcuts ends.

:yesey: Could not agree more.

Darkshines IMO is one of Muse's weakest songs but the second half is rescued at the end by Megalomania which is one of Muse's best.

And it's overrated by most Muse fans

:yesey: Could not agree more.

Darkshines IMO is one of Muse's weakest songs but the second half is rescued at the end by Megalomania which is one of Muse's best.

And it's overrated by most Muse fans

i STRONGLY disagree.

to myself, Plug In Baby hasn't been interesting for me in a while. whereas i re-discovered the brilliance in Dark Shines a few weeks back. that bass line in the chorus :D

My only complaint is that it feels too short, even though it has some of the band's longest songs.

How anybody could find anything negative to say about this album bothers me. In my opinion, it's the closest to Prog rock Muse has ever (and likely will ever) get.

Although, I do find myself in agreement with those who say "Dead Star", "In Your World" and "Futurism" should've been part of the album.

I think the track listing should've been:

New Born

Dead Star

In Your World

Bliss

Space Dementia

Hyper Music

Plug In Baby

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts

Screenager

Darkshines

Feeling Good

Futurism

Megalomania

To those who dislike Screenager

:phu:

Iuno really what to say that's negative...the artwork is fucking cool, it's the perfect length for an album for me...I don't mind Feeling Good being there? I don't really think Dead Star and In Your World would've fit on it too well (awaits LOLWUT FEELING GOOD BUT NO DEAD STAR?!!>!)

I'm sorry but was it possible for Dead Star to be included in OoS? Wasn't it written and recorded after the release of the album, or the incident? (or I'm missing the point.)

IIRC it was first performed live around September-ish 2001 (a bit before Hullabaloo was recorded) as it was written around the time of 9/11. Wasn't recorded until 2002, so no it couldn't have actually been on OoS, but it's from the same era.

I think Dead Star could fit on, but not with the studio version that we ended up getting, guitar tones and all...

i'm tired of new born being played at 98.9% gigs

and feeling good...well yeah...loads said about that.

otherwise this album is an amazing collection of different musical expressions.

i'm so absolutely gutted my reading/leeds plans fell through.

i feel like all my muse gigs charted me chasing after songs i might never hear played live now. i still haven't experienced a live performance of bliss or citizen not to mention my utter and complete love for screenager and darkshines. and now my chance might never come again.

muse making me cry. dammit.

To those who dislike Screenager

:phu:

Iuno really what to say that's negative...the artwork is fucking cool, it's the perfect length for an album for me...I don't mind Feeling Good being there? I don't really think Dead Star and In Your World would've fit on it too well (awaits LOLWUT FEELING GOOD BUT NO DEAD STAR?!!>!)

agree...screenager is hauntingly beautiful. Muse at their weirdest, yet most creative and emotional i think. it's a necessary break after hyper music, plug in baby, citizen erased, and micro cuts. I think if there were backing vocals then it would be out of the world.

the other albums are great too. :LOL:

They really aren't.

I think the track listing should've been:

New Born

Dead Star

In Your World

Bliss

Space Dementia

Hyper Music

Plug In Baby

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts

Screenager

Darkshines

Feeling Good

Futurism

Megalomania

:erm: Why the fuck would you elongate a 52 minute album?

Yeah, I always liked Darkshines, especially the dischordant piano in the pre-chorus.

As for those who dislike Hyper Music, what the fuck? I mean, it is basically a stolen riff with vocals over the top, but it's so much fun.

Someone mentioned OoS being thematically strong and I agree, that's what makes it one of Muse's best albums.

I love the piano in Darkshines too, don't know if we'll get that in the live version though:(

I have to agree about Feeling Good. I like the song, it just doesn't fit on the album. It should have been a b-side or a standalone a-side like Dead Star/In Your World.

This.

But that isn't why it's my least favourite album.

That's right.

But that's just my opinoin. Objective negative things I could say would be: it doesn't really have any relativity to it at all. Also I feel there's a bit of a lack of variety in the album.

can't staaand black holes and revelations. I was so excited after Origin and Absolution to see what would come next as at the time Muse were by far my favourite band, only to be greeted by a big audio turd which shattered all future expectations of mine for the band.

Archived