Jimmyneutron

/me is afraid of the angry replies I'm gonna get on this

But I don't like the breathing technique (actually the lack of it) of Matt while singing on the album. Every time he has to take a deep breath between the lines of the lyrics. Which make it sound he is suffocating himself by singing. It sounds like the first breath you take after you have been underwater for long time. Especially noticeable with the songs Newborn and Space Dementia.

Oke you can start flaming now :p

Doubt anyone will flame you for that. I think lots of people dislike Matt's voice and how his singing techniques never used to be brilliant. I think most people agree his singing has got better as the years go on

/me is afraid of the angry replies I'm gonna get on this

But I don't like the breathing technique (actually the lack of it) of Matt while singing on the album. Every time he has to take a deep breath between the lines of the lyrics. Which make it sound he is suffocating himself by singing. It sounds like the first breath you take after you have been underwater for long time. Especially noticeable with the songs Newborn and Space Dementia.

Oke you can start flaming now :p

There is nothing wrong with his breathing technique. The overthetop-breathing is a choice that he has made. Not that it makes things better. The worst example of his breathing that I can remember is Fillip. Goddamn he breathes loud on that song :LOL:

(Well, except for Dead Star, but that one is clearly intentional)

There is nothing wrong with his breathing technique. The overthetop-breathing is a choice that he has made. Not that it makes things better. The worst example of his breathing that I can remember is Fillip. Goddamn he breathes loud on that song :LOL:

(Well, except for Dead Star, but that one is clearly intentional)

I've never actually noticed the breathing thing really until people point it out. It's not one of those things I tend to notice

Doubt anyone will flame you for that. I think lots of people dislike Matt's voice and how his singing techniques never used to be brilliant. I think most people agree his singing has got better as the years go on

Hmm don't read the fora enough to notice that people mentioned it before. But I do really like his singing! Just not the breathing part ;). It did get a lot better idd

I'm weird with vocals. I like Bellamy' date=' Brian Molko etc. But vocalists from bands like YMAS, All Time Low and that sort really get on my nerves[/quote']

:yesey: No idea why, they've just got such bland voices. I would say whiny, but that can't be what annoys me, I don't mind the singing in Sober much, and that shit's ridiculous.

Dead Star fits perfectly between Hyper Music and Plug In Baby.

Remove Feeling Good, put piano Screenager after CE, and then In Your World after that.

IYW->Micro Cuts->Darkshines->Megalomania.

You're welcome.

I'll give that a try later

I'm weird with vocals. I like Bellamy' date=' Brian Molko etc. But vocalists from bands like YMAS, All Time Low and that sort really get on my nerves[/quote']

I can't stand that kind of vocal style either, it's just so annoying

I never really know what to say because when people ask me why I dislike modern poo/r'n'b artists I usually say it's because they whine but then my favourite bands are Muse, Radiohead and to an extent Coldplay could be classified as whiney...:stunned:

- The combination of Screenager > Darkshines > Feeling Good is absolutely horrid. As much as I like Screenager, the latter two just do absolutely NOTHING to add momentum to the album, as well as being quite naff anyway. I won't object to the songs being on there, the album just desperately needed an order shuffle.

- The piano at the beginning of New Born sounds absolutely horrid recorded, and the feedback (?) noises at the beginning of both Hyper Music and Plug in Baby are terrible.

Those are my two big issues with the album, the first point there being a reason why it's not my favourite of their 5 albums.

I honestly agree with this; I always thought that screeching sound sounded stupid on any artists' songs. And to go with Bs' comment, that's why i was disappointed with The Resistance, too random. The Exogen Symph was pretty redemptive though :)

If I wanted to find something negative about it, I would have to sit and think about it. I guess the tracklisting could have been rotated around a bit, I dunno. I never get that technical unless I get bored.

I have the album pulled up now looking at it, and the only thing I find is that Megalomania probably isn't the best closer IMO. Granted, I don't really listen to it that often. It's hard to find something I don't like considering it's my favorite Muse album along with Showbiz

Oos is my favorite album, along with showbiz. I like feeling good, but i don't think it fits on the album; it should have been released as an A side, but that's been said already... :p

I like New Born, and it fits good at the start of the Album, but i think the solo lacks power ( i really love the live solo played now though) Bliss is one of my favorite songs live ( Rock am Ring 2010!!), but i think at the end of the album version is boring, i liked the guitar outro played live (i also like the eerie single intro) Space dementia is really good, but i think the outro is... erm... too epic? I'm Not sure, but i think if they wanted to use this outro, it should have been nearer the end of the album. I love hyper music, though i feel its a filler song because the "solo" just seems to be roughly put together like they couldn't be bothered. Plug in Baby is really good, i like the fuzz factory intro, but i love the live version's (especially on H.A.A.R.P DVD) outro, and i like the early lyrics - My plug in baby, Crucifies my enemies, When I'm tired of giving, and god is in me , In unbroken virgin realities, Is tired of living... Citizen erased - i love, i wouldn't change a thing. Micro cuts i like, i don't think it fits at the end of CE and the guitar solo is too short for me :) Screenager i really like - just the pure weirdness ;) I love Darkshines, but i feel the MIDI trumpet sounds naff - but i love it on hullabaloo :D I like FG, but doesn't fit on it, as Ive said ( i also don't like the fact it gets played live like 9 / 10 times) I love Megalomania, and i think the end is ace for the end of the album!! :happy:

Now, i have added Futurism on the end of the album on my iPod (before i realized it was a B side on Dead Star / IYW) I like it, but i cant see where it would fit on Oos - it defiantly doesn't fit where ive put it - on the end after Megalomania :LOL:

I love Dead Star and In your World ( dead star being the only song i prefer the studio version to the live one) I would have loved to see them on Oos, but i like the raw sound of them, and i think that would have changed to fit with the rest of the album.( I also love the excessive breathing on Dead Star :D )

All in all, all love Oos and I'm gutted about it being mostly dropped after Leeds / Reading :(

I love all the Album art and the idea behind it. The only thing is it needs Reordering - But it needs New Born at the start, and Megalomania at the end. Its already fantastic, but these changes would make it my perfect album ;)

Oos is my favorite album, along with showbiz. I like feeling good, but i don't think it fits on the album; it should have been released as an A side, but that's been said already... :p

I like New Born, and it fits good at the start of the Album, but i think the solo lacks power ( i really love the live solo played now though) Bliss is one of my favorite songs live ( Rock am Ring 2010!!), but i think at the end of the album version is boring, i liked the guitar outro played live (i also like the eerie single intro) Space dementia is really good, but i think the outro is... erm... too epic? I'm Not sure, but i think if they wanted to use this outro, it should have been nearer the end of the album. I love hyper music, though i feel its a filler song because the "solo" just seems to be roughly put together like they couldn't be bothered. Plug in Baby is really good, i like the fuzz factory intro, but i love the live version's (especially on H.A.A.R.P DVD) outro, and i like the early lyrics - My plug in baby, Crucifies my enemies, When I'm tired of giving, and god is in me , In unbroken virgin realities, Is tired of living... Citizen erased - i love, i wouldn't change a thing. Micro cuts i like, i don't think it fits at the end of CE and the guitar solo is too short for me :) Screenager i really like - just the pure weirdness ;) I love Darkshines, but i feel the MIDI trumpet sounds naff - but i love it on hullabaloo :D I like FG, but doesn't fit on it, as Ive said ( i also don't like the fact it gets played live like 9 / 10 times) I love Megalomania, and i think the end is ace for the end of the album!! :happy:

I agree with almost everything you've said here, especially the Darkshines trumpet, the SD outro, and the Plug In Baby lyrics. I actually prefer the earlier versions of PiB just because the chorus lyrics and the outro are better in my opinion.

Now, i have added Futurism on the end of the album on my iPod (before i realized it was a B side on Dead Star / IYW) I like it, but i cant see where it would fit on Oos - it defiantly doesn't fit where ive put it - on the end after Megalomania :LOL:

I put it between Feeling Good and Megalomania, like on the Japanese edition of the album! ;)

Archived