I've been kinda lurking here but i'm wondering if Q is even sold in the states...? :$

I haven't seen it but I do know some places do sell it. Borders did, but last I checked they went out of business.

I haven't seen it but I do know some places do sell it. Borders did, but last I checked they went out of business.

Ugh. Don't remind me :(. I've spent countless days reading books and mags at the nearest Borders, which was literally 30 feet away.

Anyways, glad to see that Chris's doing well. I've got major respect for the guy.

And dear god those photos.........::LOL:

"Pink Floyd-y sixth album" Sign me up! :D

Anyway, that was a good read. It was nice to see an article that didn't mention the "T" word or Radiohead anywhere.

Which is funny because the same guy who created the album artwork for Dark Side of The Moon is the guy who created the Abso artwork. :happy:

But now I'm excited. Who doesn't like Pink Floyd?

Great interview, lovely to gain more a personal insight into their world (although Matt does have a tendency to bullshit, so you never know :p)

One thing though: I'm pretty sure I heard about Matt shagging groupies during the OoS era, so that "Avoid Groupies" bit is bollocks :p (wasn't there footage on the Hullabaloo DVD of him giggling in a tour bus bunk bed - pretty suspicious :LOL:)

It's always fascinating to read about how they've each personally coped with the pressures of being in a band. I'm very proud of Chris for overcoming his alcoholism and it's great to hear Matt and Dom's take, too. We haven't heard much of what they thought of it/dealt with it. As for the in-fighting, the fact that they acknowledge that Chris can kick the shit out of the other two "at the same time" made me lol :LOL:. It's so true! :p

As to the groupie thing, I think Matt's advice probably comes after he's already had his experiences with a few, but he prob doesn't want to admit to it! I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have succumbed to the odd groupie back in the band's heyday. They used to talk about having weird 'fancy dress' parties wearing masks - it could have involved groupie orgies of some sort :LOL:. We're getting into dangerous waters, now...

It's always fascinating to read about how they've each personally coped with the pressures of being in a band. I'm very proud of Chris for overcoming his alcoholism and it's great to hear Matt and Dom's take, too. We haven't heard much of what they thought of it/dealt with it. As for the in-fighting, the fact that they acknowledge that Chris can kick the shit out of the other two "at the same time" made me lol :LOL:. It's so true! :p

As to the groupie thing, I think Matt's advice probably comes after he's already had his experiences with a few, but he prob doesn't want to admit to it! I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have succumbed to the odd groupie back in the band's heyday. They used to talk about having weird 'fancy dress' parties wearing masks - it could have involved groupie orgies of some sort :LOL:. We're getting into dangerous waters, now...

Certainly Dom didn't take that advice if the Musewiki thread Matt once filmed Dom having sex is to be believed. :LOL::facepalm:

The article was indeed a good read and it was an interesting read about Chris, as was The Times article before Glastonbury last summer. It is also awesome to see how he has bounced back... and also Matt and Dom's thoughts of how good his kick-the-shit-out-of-them ability is. :LOL:

Certainly Dom didn't take that advice if the Musewiki thread Matt once filmed Dom having sex is to be believed. :LOL::facepalm:

The article was indeed a good read and it was an interesting read about Chris, as was The Times article before Glastonbury last summer. It is also awesome to see how he has bounced back... and also Matt and Dom's thoughts of how good his kick-the-shit-out-of-them ability is. :LOL:

Haha, yeah, Matt got "the money shot", or so he claims! :chuckle:

Everyone who has this issue of Q, if you turn to page 034 (The one with the Gerard Way interview), It has a little "Next Month" box, which states that the main feature will be on Reading & Leeds and will have big features on The Strokes, Muse and My Chemical Romance, so it's possible that we'll have two months in a row with Muse on the front cover of Q Magazine!! :LOL:

I'm sure if he is giving that advise is because he knows how it is to be involved with a groupie :p

Considering that he's now having a child with his fiance, I don't think now is the time to admit to have getting involved with groupies, even though he probably did. It's not exactly "not well known", but it's not something to be proud of, yet part of most band's cycle of life. So it doesn't need to be flaunted. And now being a parent, he'll want to give that kind of advice almost by instinct. Which is good.

Considering that he's now having a child with his fiance, I don't think now is the time to admit to have getting involved with groupies, even though he probably did. It's not exactly "not well known", but it's not something to be proud of, yet part of most band's cycle of life. So it doesn't need to be flaunted. And now being a parent, he'll want to give that kind of advice almost by instinct. Which is good.

You are too wise. :chuckle:

My name is Sofia, which means wisdom; and yet I could never rise to being as prodigious as you.

(see that? that was me using big wise words)

That was a great read! :D

LOL, Matt can be a bit "bitey and scratchy" in a fight. :chuckle: I can see that. He's scrappy.

I can't help but be reminded of the 'fight scene' between Hugh Grant and Colin Firth in Bridget Jones's Diary :LOL: Any time I see that fight in the future, I'm gonna be thinking... yeah this is how Matt and Dom fight! :D

Everyone who has this issue of Q, if you turn to page 034 (The one with the Gerard Way interview), It has a little "Next Month" box, which states that the main feature will be on Reading & Leeds and will have big features on The Strokes, Muse and My Chemical Romance, so it's possible that we'll have two months in a row with Muse on the front cover of Q Magazine!! :LOL:

The Strokes...YES

Muse...YES

My Chemical Romance...Ughh eww

• 3 weeks later...
Think they used enough lens flair on p.88?

that's not lens flare.. it's a lighting effect popular technique among illustrators but the guy who was doing it or the art director clearly didn't have his head on straight because it doesn't look that well done.

lens flare is just wrong :)

Archived