The Dream Rig Thread!

JimboMansonMB-1

Haze they're both awesome bands that are relevant to my interests. Cheers for that.

I knew blues wasn't quite right, but sortof on track. I like that old vintagey style, but i'm not sure who to look for to find more similar bands. If you know any others, a pm would be sweet/much appreciated.

I knew blues wasn't quite right, but sortof on track. I like that old vintagey style, but i'm not sure who to look for to find more similar bands. If you know any others, a pm would be sweet/much appreciated.

Check out Son House, Muddy Waters, Screamin' Jay Hawkins (I Put a Spell on You in particular), Elmore James. But above all John Lee Hooker, a big influence on me, his music is really fantastic, and not just the popular ones, check out 'It Serves Me Right to Suffer' and 'The Waterfront', two of my favourite songs.

Oh and The Black Keys! Great modern take on classic blues, and similar in style to The White Stripes so you cant go wrong :)

Screamin' Jay Hawkins (I Put a Spell on You in particular)

Isn't that Northern Soul? Still awesome though.

John Lee Hooker is my favourite Bluesman of all time though. :happy:

Oh and the first Captain Beefheart album, Safe As Milk. Psychedelic Blues, oh fucking yeah! :cool:

Isn't that Northern Soul? Still awesome though.

John Lee Hooker is my favourite Bluesman of all time though. :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_oA_tRL-Zw

Im not 100% sure, but I think Northern Soul was more of a movement/style than a particular artist. Screamin' Jay Hawkins is the artist :)

EDIT: Just understood what you meant :facepalm: I just always think of that as blues because its on a blues CD I have, but yeah regardless its still a great song :happy:

+1 for John Lee Hooker

Ah, feels so good to be back on my laptop where everything isn't blocked. Some stuff still is (I can't access a few of the other sub forums for example), but fortunately KnT seems to work most of the time. Sorry for the chaos yesterday! :LOL:

YAY!!! Fun thread of gas mk II!

Guitars:

Peavey Rotor EXP (Red - Standard Tuning)

Spear Relic RD (White - Standard Tuning)

Eastwood Airline (Red - Open E Tuning)

Fender Road Worn Tele (White - Open A Tuning)

Amps:

Vox AC30

Vox AC100Head to Vox 412 Vintage Cab

Silvertone 1485 Head to Vox 412 Vintage Cab

Effects:

WH4 > Blowing Up > Issue 3.3 (x2) > Selmer Sim > SLO100 Sim > Tube Preamp > You Dirty Rat > Cannon > Big Muff (Tone Wicker) > Fuzz Face > Malekko 616 > Alesis Midiverb 16 > Utter Stutter + Delay + Flanger > Tube Tremolo

Now that would complete me.

Don't get the Eastwood Airline, it's not made of Res-O-Glass. Won't Jack White quite the same :(

I noticed you can actually buy Res-O-Glas bodies and kits. Ive seen a few on ebay, not sure about necks though.

Should Jack White better.

Indeed. It's actually just fiberglass--best-kept secret of the 1960s :chuckle:

Edit: Alhough I must say, the new ones are probably better guitars...but that's what makes the vintage ones so special :happy:

i know theyre not, but they still play pretty nice. there's a shop out near the airport that stocks them. ;)

I have a store here that stocks them, can't say I've ever played one though...I should get around to that, plus I promised the guys there I'd bring the MB-1 with the KP to show them...:LOL:

Basses:

Steinberger XT-2DB

Rickenbacker 4003

Tobias 5 fretless or Schecter Stiletto 5 string fretless

ESP Vintage-4 with 24 frets, a killswitch and a kahler trem system.

Effects:

Big Muff (have)

Boss Octavizer

Boss limiter/enhancer

Dunlop Cry Baby Bass

Amps:

G-K 1001RB-II head

Ampeg SVT-810E cab

it might be a while before I get all this...

What the fuck is an octavizer?

Octaver pedal* got the name mixed up.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-OC-3-SUPER-Octave-Pedal-102456829-i1124521.gc

I'd get it before I get the 5 string so the super low end stuff comes out better. (i.e. being able to play invincible with out going into whacky tunings)

Why would you have a load of 4 strings, and then your only 5 string a fretless?

whats wrong with that? I'd be using for Primus-esque stuff mostly. Plus, for some reason, I really like fretless 5s

It's not possible to have a wrong preference or opinion (unless you're a woman)

Usually, people will buy a 5 string is they need the extra low notes to play with. Sometimes (and more sensibly) people will buy a 5er so that they don't have to move their left hand as much - same goes for 6ers.

You will end up (assuming you're in a band) playing things on your fretted 4s which you realise you need the low B for, so you switch to your 5er. If your only 5er is a fretless it's going to have a totally difference sound.

Still, +10 points for being a Primus fan. I hope you have your tickets secured for next week.

Octaver pedal* got the name mixed up.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-OC-3-SUPER-Octave-Pedal-102456829-i1124521.gc

I'd get it before I get the 5 string so the super low end stuff comes out better. (i.e. being able to play invincible with out going into whacky tunings)

whats wrong with that? I'd be using for Primus-esque stuff mostly. Plus, for some reason, I really like fretless 5s

I have an OC-3 for my guitar, And its pretty cool, and you can use it as a plain distortion pedal too. I use it with my bass too, and it works just as well for that :)

Also, More points for being a Primus fan too, awesome band, and Les Claypool is a legend! :LOL:

Archived