Dom H. to play first Vicky Cryer gig - LA, July 15

Furygirl

Hehe yeah I know, I just love that smiley :awesome: But it's great hearing them thinking about it :happy: It would make a lot of sense if they played it.

I think it was Dee3Dee who "called it" back when Muse were announced as headliner! :LOL: And, to be honest, I think Dead Star should be a song they play at every festival, because it seems to go down really well at fests. :happy:

:supersad:

I'm sure you'll be able to meet him some day. Trust me, I've waited 7 years to meet anyone from Muse, it definitely pays off after waiting. :LOL:

A part of me wants to hang out around the Coliseum after L.A. Rising to possibly meet one of the guys, but that's probably not going to happen. :(

Reading and Leeds have a strong chance of getting Dead Star, but he has no plans to play it for America until we brought it up and said that it 'could' happen. Or at least try over here.

As for Megalomania, he didn't specify what show(s), but he said that they'll be playing a few Origin songs as they need to be rehearsed and he mentioned Megalomania quiet a bit. Said that they'll be playing it more often now. He was talking constantly about how under rehearsed they are, so hopefully they'll put out something amazing these next few shows before R/L.

Richard, Veronica and I are coming up with a plan. LOL. Hopefully it'll get us to meet them. Join us, yes? :awesome:

Reading and Leeds have a strong chance of getting Dead Star, but he has no plans to play it for America until we brought it up and said that it 'could' happen. Or at least try over here.

As for Megalomania, he didn't specify what show(s), but he said that they'll be playing a few Origin songs as they need to be rehearsed and he mentioned Megalomania quiet a bit. Said that they'll be playing it more often now. He was talking constantly about how under rehearsed they are, so hopefully they'll put out something amazing these next few shows before R/L.

Richard, Veronica and I are coming up with a plan. LOL. Hopefully it'll get us to meet them. Join us, yes? :awesome:

I'm still in shock I woke up this morning and I was like 'no way was late night real'

Yeah. I reckon that's what he was talking about. Because at this point we were talking about Matt and some other things that have been going around on the internet about the band. But that's when he said 'bullshit, don't believe everything you read.'

Well there's obviously been some bullshit related to Matt unconnected to the band. I imagine he took some satisfaction in the demise of the News of the World! :chuckle:

I still don't get why they don't rehearse more :erm:.

Dom's pointed it out on so many occasions yet they still never seem to address it :(.

This is true but then it's not as if they sound ropey when they play. It may stop them mixing up songs, but with Reading/Leeds coming up, they have got to get all of the OoS songs right. I would be surprised if they played any of these songs at the American gigs without any rehearsals unless they didn't really need to rehearse them.

That is so shit! I want a DVD not another internet thing! Augmented Reality won't work at all no matter what computer I try and use it on and the Wembley 360 videos....buffering.....buffering.....buffering. And I have fast internet! Really, really hope there's a physical release too.

I've also been waiting for the dvd for a while. It was considered to be various concerts on a dvd and a documentary. :stunned:

The audio quality is amazingly good, B. Thanks for recording and sharing it.

Love the syncopated cowbell Dom played in this song.

On a side note, I talked to the keyboard player afterward, and he will be working with Julian Calablancas' next solo project.

thanks! :D

:LOL:

the cowbell is :awesome:

The audio quality is amazingly good, B. Thanks for recording and sharing it.

Love the syncopated cowbell Dom played in this song.

On a side note, I talked to the keyboard player afterward, and he will be working with Julian Calablancas' next solo project.

What was the name of the keyboard player? It's been driving me nuts and I've got photos to tag . . .

Agreed. And we definitely told him it would fit very well amongst the Rage fans. Lol. It's no guarantee though, but there is a very small shimmer of hope. :happy:

EDIT: I won't. Lol.

Oh, I really hope they play Dead Star at LA Rising!!!

The Vicky Cryer Show was GOOd. It was interesting to see 2 drummers on stage and to watch DOM that close. Mark Stoermer from the Killers was cool and looked at Dom allot. It was weird to see Dom without Muse, but cool to watch him just a couple feet away! He changed from his dark grey t-shirt into an ivory/blk snow leopard printed long sleeve knit shirt. When they were setting up, he came out to do something with his Mac and drum kit and bashfully looked up, when all the girls screamed for him! It was cute.

I was standing 4 rows from the stage. Some people need to learn bar/club etiquette. There was a big girl in front of DOM, who got great pics/video of him and the band, but kept waving her hands all through the show. So basically, anyone standing behind her got her arm/hands in their photos, like me. It was annoying and inconsiderate to everyone behind her. This wasn't the Staples Center or an arena show!

I met Dom before the show. Around 10:20 PM, He was hanging out at the bar with a friend. It was funny b/c I went to the bar to get a drink, just looked to my left and there he was, Hottie Howard! What a great surprise!!

I was a little nervous, caught off guard, and tongue tied, so it was a quick meet. I'm so mad at myself for not asking or saying things to him. It's really surreal to meet a talented musician, whose music you listen to everyday. But, he was nice enough to take a picture with me. It was cool to see how nice, friendly and gracious he was with all the fans that approached him. I didn't stay after the show to see him again, but many fans did and got drumsticks, pictures, and great conversations.

Dreams do come true. Hope to see him or Matt hanging out in LA.

Now, hopefully, LA Rising!!

You had a great time meeting Dom at Vicky Cryer gig and you'll never forget it. Thank's for sharing your review of the gig. It must have been annoying to have hands on the pictures you took because some selfish people kept on hanging them up. I had recently the same at a French gig for Coldplay. A tall guy kept on hanging his big arm up. Fortunately, somebody of my family who is much taller took great pictures.

Well, the keyboard guy is apparently in the witness protection program, because no one seems to know who the hell he is. These have been floating around, but I'll post the link again here in case someone hasn't seen them yet.

oh hai...nice of the person who wrote that to embed my video without a credit :erm:

and sabrosa purr is a band that does NOT include members of silversun pickups :rolleyes:

Yeah, a couple of factual errors in that write-up. I am happy to finally know the keyboardist's name. I was beginning to think he was in the witness protection program. :LOL:

oh hai...nice of the person who wrote that to embed my video without a credit :erm:

and sabrosa purr is a band that does NOT include members of silversun pickups :rolleyes:

Called KROQ. Factual errors corrected, with the possible exception of the show selling out (it hadn't while we were queuing up). Everyone is welcome. :LOL:

beeSides, PM me if you want the phone number if you'd like to talk to them about crediting your video.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived