NME Greatest Singers Of All Time

JadeLovesMuse

:LOL::LOL:

WTF? Why is Bellamy on that list?

I'm sorry, but he doesn't compare to some of the LEGENDS on there. There are much better rock vocalists on there. Not to mention, the pop and soul singers.

Edit: Bruce Dickinson and Roger Daltry (the voices behind Iron Maiden and The Who, respectively) aren't even in the Top 20. Bellamy is, and he's nothing compared to those two. Just listen to the "Yeah" screams on "The Number Of The Beast" and "Won't Get Fooled Again". Let's see Matt try that...

:LOL::LOL:

WTF? Why is Bellamy on that list?

I'm sorry, but he doesn't compare to some of the LEGENDS on there. There are much better rock vocalists on there. Not to mention, the pop and soul singers.

Edit: Bruce Dickinson and Roger Daltry (the voices behind Iron Maiden and The Who, respectively) aren't even in the Top 20. Bellamy is, and he's nothing compared to those two. Just listen to the "Yeah" screams on "The Number Of The Beast" and "Won't Get Fooled Again". Let's see Matt try that...

Matt absolutely should be on that list. You think those other singers are better, I think Matt's better. It's all very subjective. There's no right or wrong answer.

Matt absolutely should be on that list. You think those other singers are better, I think Matt's better. It's all very subjective. There's no right or wrong answer.

I kinda agree. The poll doesn't say 'Singers with greatest range of all time'. Matt has certainly an unique, powerful voice. I prefer it to maybe all other singers, but I won't go as far as saying he's the greatest through all time.

Fair enough.

While I do enjoy Matt's voice, I don't think he has the power that some of the other vocalists on the ballot have (or had, in the case of those no longer with us).

Bellamy is, and he's nothing compared to those two. Just listen to the "Yeah" screams on "The Number Of The Beast" and "Won't Get Fooled Again". Let's see Matt try that...

and let's see THEM try Micro Cuts and Citizen Erased.

Fair enough.

While I do enjoy Matt's voice, I don't think he has the power that some of the other vocalists on the ballot have (or had, in the case of those no longer with us).

It's not just about power though is it? There's a dozen other factors that make a voice sound good. To me Matt's voice sounds perfect, to others it sounds whiny.

and let's see THEM try Micro Cuts and Citizen Erased.

Fair enough...

It's not just about power though is it? There's a dozen other factors that make a voice sound good. To me Matt's voice sounds perfect, to others it sounds whiny.

Don't get me wrong, I like Matt's voice.

I just don't think that's he's achieved a "legendary" status for his vocal work. In my opinion, his guitar playing is what will make him a legend, not his voice.

Archived