http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/3609731/Chris-Wolstenholme-to-write-future-Muse-records.html

MUSE singer MATT BELLAMY has passed songwriting duties over to his bandmate.

Bassist CHRIS WOLSTENHOLME will pen the band's tracks while the frontman takes a break from rock to be with his actress fiancé KATE HUDSON, who is expecting their first child in July.

But Chris isn't hugely confident of living up to Matt's standards.

He said: "Matt's raised the bar quite high in terms of songwriting. I'm a bit nervous because I don't want to write a song and it be responsible for the demise of the band."

No pressure then.

That sounds cool, but also ludicrous as far being accurate. Not bloody likely I'm guessing. But yeah, bring back the pwoper rock, Chris! :p

I REALLY don't like the sound of this (if it's true and not just The Sun exaggerating)

Matt has been the song-writing genius behind Muse from day 1. He can't just expect Chris to take over and for all to be fine. I expect the situation is a bit more complex than The Sun is making it out to be.

I feel like maybe Chris and Dom are just going to need to help with the song writing more but I highly doubt writing all the songs is entirely just on Chris' shoulders.

What everyone else said, though I'd love to hear what Chris writes. I doubt it'll happen that way, though. Maybe one or two tracks but not an entire album.

He's probably just writing a few songs, not all the songs as the Sun seems to be suggesting. Can't wait to see what he comes up with!

What everyone else said, though I'd love to hear what Chris writes. I doubt it'll happen that way, though.

Matt wouldn't be able to resist taking over and changing what Chris had written until it's unrecognisable :LOL:

The Strokes spread the songwriting around on their most recent album. Some of the non Julian Casablancas-written songs were the best on the album. So I'm hopeful :rolleyes:

Matt wouldn't be able to resist taking over and changing what Chris had written until it's unrecognisable :LOL:

Yes. :LOL: Though, if Chris does end up writing a few songs, it'll still be something a bit different, even if Matt ends up changing it drastically. A fresh perspective and all that.

Yes. :LOL: Though, if Chris does end up writing a few songs, it'll still be something a bit different, even if Matt ends up changing it drastically. A fresh perspective and all that.

Chris's taste is at the rockier end of the spectrum so it could all work out for the best.

Honestly the more I think about this the more excited I am.

Like others have said, I bet they're just stretching the truth :p But I think it makes sense that Matt might share the songwriting duties on the next album. It would be very cool to see what Chris would write, so I'd enjoy a few tracks penned by Mr. Wolstenholme on album 6 :D

I'm with you all that I don't believe this is 100% accurate.

However, it would be cool if some songs on the next album weren't credited to M. Bellamy. Personally, I'd like to see some songs be credited as penned by Muse, but C. Wolstenholme and/or D. Howard would be a step in that direction.

Assuming we can trust The Sun- I've got mixed feelings about this. I like Matt's lyrical topics, but I'd really like to hear what phat beats Chris can lay down! :LOL:

Assuming we can't trust The Sun- screw them.

:chris::awesome:

But I take it he's just writing a song or two, not the whole album. I'd like all of them to share the writing duties and see how that turns out.

Chris only said "write a song" so I'm sure that's all it's going to be. I'm so excited to hear what he comes up with!

I'm wondering if this could be his chance to also sing lead vocals? As long as it's only one song, that would be interesting to hear.

Matt would never turn down an opportunity to write the next Guiding Light. If Chris were in charge of songwriting, he might pen something hardcore, and Matt won't let that happen. :chuckle: