Death of Santa 2.0?

Dave.

It does sound great, more like they did around the Absolution tour days and Chrome Bomber at the start of BH&R, like it did at Reading. Reminds me a lot of the original M1D1 actually.

I can't see it being dead, in the last year he thew Chrome Bomber with no damage, Glitterati was thrown for months and never broke, and he's already thrown this one a few times before. In Oz he threw it several times in one gig.

It will have survived and be back in July. If 007 is getting refurbed that's excelent news, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got a new one for R&L.

I think he's thrown the chrome bomber a total of two times, one of which was just a slide across the stage. Probably just has a few scratches in the chrome.

I don't know exactly how it broke, but I assume if it's in two pieces, the lower corner broke off the same way the M1D1 (and apparently original red glitter) did. I'd say this one took just as much of a beating as the original really, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's broken beyond repair.

Chrome bomber was slid across the stage

Glitteratti for a long time he just dropped, with Santa 2.0 he properly chucked it, besides, he may have fortunately never hit the weakest spot when dropping the glitteratti

When the original broke at wembley, it landed right on the jacks which is probably the weakest spot.

Chrome bomber was slid across the stage

Glitteratti for a long time he just dropped, with Santa 2.0 he properly chucked it, besides, he may have fortunately never hit the weakest spot when dropping the glitteratti

He threw it into the drums at the end of Knights in Spain, I remember everyone panicking about it, but it was fine.

This new one has been getting a battering from the very beginning, this time doesn't look any different.

I'm certain it will be back in July; h ewouldn't have replaced the original if it didn't mean something to him, so if it's broke I'd expect him to fix it. If he's getting a new guitar it will probably be one of the two black kidi ones or one of his older ones that get replaced.

What ever happened to Chrome Kaoss?

Why not?

And he still has it as far as I know - he just doesn't use it anymore. I think it was only used live three or four times.

I don't know about the red glitter. I suppose it depends on how bad the damage is exactly. So we'll either see it back for reading and leeds (unlikely in my opinion) or he'll have a new guitar. He has a MB-1 (two actually) for backup either way.

Why not?

And he still has it as far as I know - he just doesn't use it anymore. I think it was only used live three or four times.

I don't know about the red glitter. I suppose it depends on how bad the damage is exactly. So we'll either see it back for reading and leeds (unlikely in my opinion) or he'll have a new guitar. He has a MB-1 (two actually) for backup either way.

Does he have a black one too?

He threw it into the drums at the end of Knights in Spain, I remember everyone panicking about it, but it was fine.

This new one has been getting a battering from the very beginning, this time doesn't look any different.

I'm certain it will be back in July; h ewouldn't have replaced the original if it didn't mean something to him, so if it's broke I'd expect him to fix it. If he's getting a new guitar it will probably be one of the two black kidi ones or one of his older ones that get replaced.

What ever happened to Chrome Kaoss?

Maybe he didn't like the guitar. I know that seems pretty unrealistic for a few grands worth of Manson, but possible, he might have just not 'connected' with it and needed and excuse to get a new one. I would imagine he has enough money to do that, especially considering his living is made out of these guitars.

Maybe he didn't like the guitar. I know that seems pretty unrealistic for a few grands worth of Manson, but possible, he might have just not 'connected' with it and needed and excuse to get a new one. I would imagine he has enough money to do that, especially considering his living is made out of these guitars.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just doesn't like it...maybe he'll end up selling it like the rust relic :awesome:

the mirror X-Y?

I had thought that was a possibility, but seeing as it sort of disappeared in late 2009, I guess not. It's probably a backup for the M1D1 black or something, as it has the same pickup configuration...but I don't think he's really thrown that one around anyway.

True, I can see why, it had a pretty big task to live up to the original, and the original's power lied in it's stripes, which the new one doesn't/didn't have. Clearly, it was inferior. :p

It's strange why Mirror Kaoss disapeared, I thought it would have replaced one of the black ones, especially because it has a tremolo arm as well as the midi screen.

He's never really used the XY and tremolo in the same song though has he? Maybe for recording perhaps, but live, he doesn't bother. If he wants to use a tremolo he goes for the chrome bomber usually, and then he's got other guitars with XYs (not that he ever uses it), that maybe he just prefers the feel of. He's got the mirror when he wants to use that. The Mirror Kaoss seems to have ended up as a bit of an evolutionary missing link that he's now not sure what to use it for somehow.

He's never really used the XY and tremolo in the same song though has he? Maybe for recording perhaps, but live, he doesn't bother. If he wants to use a tremolo he goes for the chrome bomber usually, and then he's got other guitars with XYs (not that he ever uses it), that maybe he just prefers the feel of. He's got the mirror when he wants to use that. The Mirror Kaoss seems to have ended up as a bit of an evolutionary missing link that he's now not sure what to use it for somehow.

Manson Darwinism :LOL:

Im hoping he will do another E guitar type or Delorean type guitar. Would be great none the less if he surprised us all with an entirely new design.

Doubt it. If he isn't sick of it by now he never will. But I do think he'll get a new guitar more suited to the newer stuff.

Im hoping he will do another E guitar type or Delorean type guitar. Would be great none the less if he surprised us all with an entirely new design.

Not sure if he'll get another E shape, but I'm wondering what the chances are of him showing up at R&L with a DL-1 (unless of course he decides to use the original)

Sadowsky guitars?

Yeah it would be amazing to see a DL style guitar, Sadowsky guitars is in Long Island city New York. Its not final yet I might get a job with them and the team.

Nice. I had some fretwork done by them several years back and they do some great work - but from what I understand they don't work on other brands of guitars now?

betting on this

Hopefully for someone's sanity (kev probably :p ) he doesn't break something else and slow down production by a few months haha

Yeah Roger stopped his repairs way back... All they do is his line of guitars, Extremely professional shop in there Roger is Full of knowledge because of him Ill never use Birdseye maple or Flamed maple in my life ever again. Unless its roasted Lol You can stop in anytime and try out their guitars, Unless your scared of the projects its next too....

Yeah Roger stopped his repairs way back... All they do is his line of guitars, Extremely professional shop in there Roger is Full of knowledge because of him Ill never use Birdseye maple or Flamed maple in my life ever again. Unless its roasted Lol You can stop in anytime and try out their guitars, Unless your scared of the projects its next too....

What's up with flamed and Birdseye? I know it's a diseased wood but what does he say about them that makes you say that?

Roger Told me its not a disease no one actually knows why Birdseye and Flame happen, He said its Popular theory its disease. Birds Eye and Flame maple is a lot more unstable and warps a lot more than regular maple. He only uses flame and Birdseye as fretboards. If he is going to use it as a neck wood he would choose to Roast it which hardens it by 15% or more. During the Roasting process the unstable pieces will warp radically and the more decent pieces will just harden.

Here is a Sadowsky bass with a roasted neck.

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/stock_images/nyc/additional/5592/5592_neck_lg.jpg

Roger Told me its not a disease no one actually knows why Birdseye and Flame happen, He said its Popular theory its disease. Birds Eye and Flame maple is a lot more unstable and warps a lot more than regular maple. He only uses flame and Birdseye as fretboards. If he is going to use it as a neck wood he would choose to Roast it which hardens it by 15% or more. During the Roasting process the unstable pieces will warp radically and the more decent pieces will just harden.

Here is a Sadowsky bass with a roasted neck.

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/stock_images/nyc/additional/5592/5592_neck_lg.jpg

Yeah, Suhr does the same thing with roasting.

With all the birds-eye maple neck guitars I've owned (anything from a korean Fender to a Manson) I've never had them warp.

The most stable and as close to perfect neck I've ever had is heavily flamed.

But that's just what I've experienced.

Archived