Muse re-learning songs...

Museic07

Yeah, but we can't really complain if they'd play them in Leeds/Reading amongst Micro Cuts, Darkshines, Megalomania and Hyper Music... :rolleyes:

Uhm...

yes, we can.

I have no objection to seeing them again ;)

Yeah I've seen Bliss, CE, New Born, Microcuts, Feeling Good, Plug In Baby and Space Dementia quite a few times. Dark Shines and Screenager have always been solid favourites of mine and I've never seen them live.

Are you going to Reading or Leeds?

If they play HCM instead of HM, I will leave.

This gig is primarily about OoS: it should be played as close as possible to how they are on the album, imho.

HCM is terrible. It just so dull, depressing and uninteresting. I doubt they'll go near it.

Ooh harsh! I think HCM's beautiful. I am certain they won't play it though, so you two will be safe :)

I'm bored and Pirates of the Caribbean can only entertain me so much.

So come August, New Born, Bliss, Space Dementia, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Feeling Good and Megalomania will all be as we've heard them recently (well, Micro Cuts recently as in 2007)

Hyper Music will be the album version...it's R&L, Muse consider that one of the rockiest festivals so they're gonna bring out Hyper Music with some riffs at the end. I imagine it'll be same as before, but perhaps a bit easier on the vocals and maybe a slightly slower tempo

Screenager I imagine will be the piano version, with some added synths maybe by Morgan, or just Morgan fucking around with a kaoss pad

Dark Shines...won't be much different will it? The only real difference being their guitar tones

Is that all the songs?

So come August, New Born, Bliss, Space Dementia, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Feeling Good and Megalomania will all be as we've heard them recently (well, Micro Cuts recently as in 2007)

Hyper Music will be the album version...it's R&L, Muse consider that one of the rockiest festivals so they're gonna bring out Hyper Music with some riffs at the end. I imagine it'll be same as before, but perhaps a bit easier on the vocals and maybe a slightly slower tempo

Screenager I imagine will be the piano version, with some added synths maybe by Morgan, or just Morgan fucking around with a kaoss pad

Dark Shines...won't be much different will it? The only real difference being their guitar tones

Is that all the songs?

Dan the Trumpet Man for the Darkshines solo or Chris busting out the harmonica :LOL:

What's a mis-quote?

Typical journo enquiry :p. I wondered about that, too!

The "re-learning" worries me insofar as I think they might just butcher the original, awesome songs with watered-down or softer versions. Screenager on piano has been epic (Montreux Jazz Fest, yes!), but I wouldn't like them to alter every track; Darkshines is amazing as it is! I'm worried that a '2011-ising' (lol?!) of the songs will mean they're not as raw and heavy sounding as they once were or as they were intended when the album was released.

Nonetheless, I don't want to get all cynical before it's happened. And at the end of the day, they're playing songs I never thought I'd get the privilege of hearing, so bring it the fuck on! :D

Typical journo enquiry :p. I wondered about that, too!

The "re-learning" worries me insofar as I think they might just butcher the original, awesome songs with watered-down or softer versions. Screenager on piano has been epic (Montreux Jazz Fest, yes!), but I wouldn't like them to alter every track; Darkshines is amazing as it is! I'm worried that a '2011-ising' (lol?!) of the songs will mean they're not as raw and heavy sounding as they once were or as they were intended when the album was released.

Nonetheless, I don't want to get all cynical before it's happened. And at the end of the day, they're playing songs I never thought I'd get the privilege of hearing, so bring it the fuck on! :D

+1

Harsh? I don't think so; they promised OoS, hence, I want OoS, not OoS reworked ;).

I love HCM, but I'd rather see HM.

I would love to see them play OoS. Too bad I am poor and in the states. However, HCM is an amazing epic song. I feel like they could make it similar to the live experience of Exogenesis Part 1, with the idea of playing something soft and slow live, but with a level of intensity. I love it also because I'd say that Hyper Music is my favorite muse song. (I hate picking favorites, but it happened)

Is that all the songs?

..haha Dominic IS a legend!

Kaoss pad rules

I would love to see them play OoS. Too bad I am poor and in the states. However, HCM is an amazing epic song. I feel like they could make it similar to the live experience of Exogenesis Part 1, with the idea of playing something soft and slow live, but with a level of intensity. I love it also because I'd say that Hyper Music is my favorite muse song. (I hate picking favorites, but it happened)

+1 This! (Except HCM is obviously my fave :p).

I'd die of euphoria if they ever played HCM, but I think that's being a bit too hopeful with Muse. There are some songs that I just don't think they'll ever play live, and unfortunately I have a feeling that HCM is one of them. They just don't seem like they'd attempt to bust it out... it's too quiet yet intense for the Muse of today.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they'll play all the songs as closely as they can. A way of saying "Say bye-bye to loud, rocky Muse and say hello to the queen tribute act!" HCM is technically off Hullabaloo so I doubt they'll play it.

The main question I have is, Will he go out with OoS era hair? :)

Archived