Muse re-learning songs...

Museic07

Well, he started switching to falsetto for the end of 'I never will/did' even back then. I think I prefer it that way to the record.

I quite liked that performance. I imagine they'll perform it something like that, but with less shouty vocals (still shouty but less shouty...?) and probably at a slower tempo (like with New Born)

I quite liked that performance. I imagine they'll perform it something like that' date=' but with less shouty vocals (still shouty but less shouty...?) and probably at a slower tempo (like with New Born)[/quote']

I genuinely hope that they don't slow the tempo of Hyper Music, it would be so boring. I don't know why they would, but as you pointed out, they did with New Born. The only reason I'd have thought that they would slow the tempo would be because Matt runs out of breath, but imho his breathing techniques now are far better than they were back then.

I actually hope Hyper Music improves because it was absolutely shit live back in the day.

Was pretty awesome at Hullabaloo

I like the way Matt sings. He has a beautiful tone to his voice. I know you purists believe that angst is the only way, but if you are referring to the way he has recently been singing Resistance at the end, I honestly don't think he was trying to be half ass. It seems to me like he was trying to do something different to shake up the song. Maybe after he listens back to it he will realize it didn't work out quite the way he wanted. Singing that part in falsetto is more difficult than just singing it straight.

It's like when he sang the high note at the end of Bliss back at R&L in '06. Everyone loved that. He was trying something different and it paid off. Give him some slack. He's trying to be creative. None of you know whats really going on in his mind.

I agree with you, I like his voice now it's a lot smoother. I'm not saying that screaming and angst is the only way to go, I'm talking about the way he sings the more aggressive songs like Stockholm Syndrome; especially at the end "I WISH I COUUUUUUuuuuuull" I just don't want to see that with Hyper Music.

Oh and tempo.. but with the instrumental we saw for KROQ 2007 I don't think it'll be a problem.. instrumentally the song should be much better than 2001.

Was pretty awesome at Hullabaloo

I agree with you, I like his voice now it's a lot smoother. I'm not saying that screaming and angst is the only way to go, I'm talking about the way he sings the more aggressive songs like Stockholm Syndrome; especially at the end "I WISH I COUUUUUUuuuuuull" I just don't want to see that with Hyper Music.

Oh and tempo.. but with the instrumental we saw for KROQ 2007 I don't think it'll be a problem.. instrumentally the song should be much better than 2001.

I think I remember some time ago during the middle of the Resistance Tour someone heard them sound checking Hyper Music so I'm guessing yeah it will still sound pretty good, if not better, instrumentally.

I still think it'd be a safer option to do Hyper Chondriac Music. I don't give a rats arse if it's more 'boring', at least we know it'd sound good.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. I can imagine them doing Hyper Chondriac Music. Would be cool to hear it live. I really like that track.

Reading/Leeds is just the funeral for OoS.

But at least we're getting some recognition for those songs before they go rather than everyone falsely hoping and complaining for them to come back

I still think it'd be a safer option to do Hyper Chondriac Music. I don't give a rats arse if it's more 'boring', at least we know it'd sound good.

I wouldn't mind if they played either, although I think they'll play the album version

I do doubt they'll go near HCM, but why they haven't played HM at all in the last 8 years baffles me. They must have tried or at least considered it, the riff appearing in 2007 probably came from rehearsing the song...

Gawd, I hope they play it well-ish. At least it won't be sloppy like in 2001/2.

I do doubt they'll go near HCM, but why they haven't played HM at all in the last 8 years baffles me. They must have tried or at least considered it, the riff appearing in 2007 probably came from rehearsing the song...

Gawd, I hope they play it well-ish. At least it won't be sloppy like in 2001/2.

It's one of the songs I'm looking forward to most. I just hope Matt's voice is still up to it.

It's one of the songs I'm looking forward to most. I just hope Matt's voice is still up to it.

Sayme, that and New Born (haven't seen it yet...well I have but I didn't really know it back then...), Space Dementia, Micro Cuts, Screenager, Megalomania and possibly Dead Star

Basically I'm just very excited

Sayme, that and New Born (haven't seen it yet...well I have but I didn't really know it back then...), Space Dementia, Micro Cuts, Screenager, Megalomania and possibly Dead Star

Basically I'm just very excited

I'm in the same boat as you here. Just so many :awesome: songs.

Screenager and Darkshines would be my most looked forward to tracks. Hyper Music would be cool but I can't see them doing it justice. It'll be too reserved.

Would be nice if Futurism got dragged out too.

What about Bliss? D: You guys make me sad. Citizen Erased would be nice too.

I've seen Bliss twice and Citizen Erased. Don't get me wrong, I'll love seeing them again as they're some of my favourite songs, but I'm looking forward to those others more as I know for sure that this will be my only chance to see them

I've already seen Bliss twice and CE once.

Yeah, but we can't really complain if they'd play them in Leeds/Reading amongst Micro Cuts, Darkshines, Megalomania and Hyper Music... :rolleyes:

Uhm...

yes, we can.

Yeah I've seen Bliss, CE, New Born, Microcuts, Feeling Good, Plug In Baby and Space Dementia quite a few times. Dark Shines and Screenager have always been solid favourites of mine and I've never seen them live.

Archived