This is a Muse Demo

Tofu

Hey everyone! :D

Over at musecollectors.com someone is selling his copy of "This is a Muse Demo". There's a community effort going to buy the tape both there and Muselive. I'm just helping to spread the word. So join in!

It looks legit, and if it works out, then four new Muse tracks shared with everyone. :) Please help! Thank you all.

Oh here's the thread. I couldn't find it.

I'm not backing this until some stuff is sorted out. We have no way of knowing the seller isn't shilling us and no reliable trustee with whom to keep the money.

Already said this on Muselive, but I agree.

It's a difficult situation to be in as we obviously have no control over the seller's actions, but hopefully he'll either humour us or put it on eBay which will make it infintitely easier to keep tabs on the bidding.

The Muselive thread has all the details. Niall and other Muselive members are talking through how to go about doing the whole donation process with all the Muse communities. It would be awesome to do the same thing as the Newton Abbot demo and get the songs ripped for all fans to hear. The tape's not on eBay yet and I dunno if it will be.

Back Door sounds really grungey. I've had the teeny snippets we were given from years and years back on my iPod for bloody ages... it would be nice to have them as actual songs now! :D

Oh here's the thread. I couldn't find it.

I'm not backing this until some stuff is sorted out. We have no way of knowing the seller isn't shilling us and no reliable trustee with whom to keep the money.

Someone on LJ did say that they actually ran into the seller in a shop the day before this all happened and told him it would be a good idea to sell it. It's not a guarantee or anything, though, and I am a bit confused about the whole bidding/donating thing right now. I'm still hoping it all works out, though.

After reading the muselive thread, I'm willing to give money but only if the tape is put up on eBay or another site where we could see that the people bidding £2000 actually exist. At the moment, it doesn't seem like we're getting a good deal.

After reading the muselive thread, I'm willing to give money but only if the tape is put up on eBay or another site where we could see that the people bidding £2000 actually exist. At the moment, it doesn't seem like we're getting a good deal.

+1. That's what I think. eBay is the easiest path to use for both the seller and the fans, so I don't understand why he doesn't jut list it on there and save everyone the palaver of coming up with an epic plan, lol.

+1. That's what I think. eBay is the easiest path to use for both the seller and the fans, so I don't understand why he doesn't jut list it on there and save everyone the palaver of coming up with an epic plan, lol.

It's becoming an utter pain in the arse to organise because of that really. Most people seem to be on board with the idea of having a couple of people on each forum handle donations, but understandably a lot of them don't want to donate without concrete proof of where their money's going and what will happen with it afterwards. :(

• 1 month later...

Archived