Digitech Whammy DT with True Bypass & Drop Tuning

rust_relic

someone should post that gif/youtube where the tuner gets compared to bigger and bigger things' date=' kinda like zooming out till you get the milky way or the moon or something like that:LOL:[/quote']

Here you go

2jb39dw.jpg

and of course...

matttuner.jpg

Now that that's out of the way...who's getting the DT? I might consider it if I can use the molten MIDI with it, but I'm still waiting to hear about that

If you want james, the local pedal shop has them in stock. I may be able to give one a go on monday and report back on it. :)

Edit: that it to check if it has midi. I dont have a molten midi so I wont be able to fully check it.

If you want james, the local pedal shop has them in stock. I may be able to give one a go on monday and report back on it. :)

Edit: that it to check if it has midi. I dont have a molten midi so I wont be able to fully check it.

I believe it has MIDI, but thanks - would you be willing to try it out anyway? :awesome:

matttuner.jpg

:LOL:

Now that that's out of the way...who's getting the DT? I might consider it if I can use the molten MIDI with it, but I'm still waiting to hear about that

I will 100% be getting one at some point. It might not be till around Christmas time though. I've got a lot of money going out at the moment sadly. Anyway if you check the manual here, it lists all the midi control numbers for it, so surely you could just compare them to the WH4 and see if they're the same for the controls you'd need? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i had a play with one on saturday, really cool pedal, so weird doing the pitchshifting on anything with more than one note and not having that dissonance. loses it's some of it's charm on 2+ octaves where it doesn't sound as artificial. invicible solo did not sound as good haha

You legend. And yea, they have songs in loads of tunings, mainly Drop D, C# and C I believe :happy:

That's the kind of thing I'll be using the DT for with my MB-1. The MB-1 itself will be in Drop D, so it will be really convenient to drop to C# and C without messing about with the tuners on all the strings every time I want to do it. With the custom in standard, it will probably just be used for a semi-tone down, and then for pitching up instead of using capos, although QOTSA use two steps down sometimes I think so I could learn some of their stuff with it too. Will be great to have the options. Not sure when I'll be able to get it though. Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas and save myself some cash! :chuckle:

• 3 months later...

So I got the new Whammy pedal! Great! :awesome:

Except the momentary footswitch doesn't work so I'm going to have to send it back! FML! :facepalm:

Anyway, here's the headlines...

I can confirm that both the drop tuning and the whammy parts of the pedal are both polyphonic so the old whammy glitching is gone. However, switching either half of the pedal on will still kill your fuzz factory tone and make it sound like it's coming from the bottom of a pond, possibly due to the sample rate of the whammy still only being 44.1khz, like a CD, so you're losing a lot of the high fidelity in the signal.

Apart from that though it sounds good. Obviously I could only check it out for a few minutes before I realised I was going to have to send it back, but the new design looks and sounds nice. Hard to fully use the Whammy without it being broken in obviously, but hopefully I can get it all sorted out as soon as possible...

It sounded pretty good to me, but like I say, I only tested it for a few minutes because I could tell it was faulty and I was going to have to send it back, so I'll probably have to wait for the replacement to come before I can really give it the full rundown. I'll let you know when I have a chance to really test it out properly though.

• 3 weeks later...
The new Whammy - green as well as red...

Here's the press release from Harman...

As part of its GreenEdge initiative to provide more environmentally friendly products, DigiTech today announced it is introducing a new power supply for its guitar pedals and stompboxes that provides up to 30 percent more energy efficiency than the previous design. The new power supply is being launched in conjunction with the DigiTech Whammy® DT pedal which started shipping in June and will be included with the JamMan® looper pedals later this summer.

"We are committed to conserving energy by improving the energy efficiency of our products," said Rob Urry, vice president, HARMAN Professional Division & general manager of Signal Processing and Amplifier Business Units. "Even though pedals don't use large amounts of energy, we know that every bit helps; our new power supply is a modest but important step in this direction."

The new DigiTech energy efficient power supply will be rolled out over the next few months with other products, and will also be available as a separate accessory. The power supply is compatible with all current and previous DigiTech products that use a 9V power supply as well as compatible products from other manufacturers. The impact of these power supplies, will bring about a positive environmental change to potentially 1,000,000+ guitar pedals and stompboxes that enter the market each year.

Harman is pioneering a new concept in energy efficient audio and infotainment design called GreenEdge. Harman GreenEdge products and systems combine new environmentally friendly design with dramatic energy savings, without compromising the excellent performance for which HARMAN products are known.

Interesting...I'd been wondering about the new DT power supply since I got it the first time, and wondered why and how it was different to the one from the IV...Just found this though and I thought it was cool to know so I thought I'd post it...

• 1 year later...

I know, this is a huge thread bump but still.

I just bought one and I absolutely love it, however in combination with a big muff or a distortion pedal I get a loud humming noise even when the whammy and DT is switched off.

I'm pretty sure it's true bypass, so is this normal then?

Archived