Digitech Whammy DT with True Bypass & Drop Tuning

rust_relic

It took me ages to calibrate a WH4 before.

When I saw the extra footswitches, I assumed one would be a mode switch, but no. Does the footswitch input do this?

It looks massive, but I suppose if you're going to buy the EH equivalent polyphonic dealy plus an exp pedal it'll take up as much room. I'd be interested to hear how well it handles polyphony. The idea of drop tuning a whole guitar always seemed mad to me - just have another guitar on stage for that song..?

I don't get why companies don't give you a buffer switch. Just a little switch inside the battery compartment so you can choose to have true bypass or not.

It took me ages to calibrate a WH4 before.

When I saw the extra footswitches, I assumed one would be a mode switch, but no. Does the footswitch input do this?

It looks massive, but I suppose if you're going to buy the EH equivalent polyphonic dealy plus an exp pedal it'll take up as much room. I'd be interested to hear how well it handles polyphony. The idea of drop tuning a whole guitar always seemed mad to me - just have another guitar on stage for that song..?

I don't get why companies don't give you a buffer switch. Just a little switch inside the battery compartment so you can choose to have true bypass or not.

yeah this is the footswitch it's compatible with:

DigiTechEX7FS3X.jpg

i suppose drop tune is probably more useful for messing around than live, but could be cool if you wanted to drop to a heavy low riff mid song or something

yeh if it sounds any good, which I seriously doubt. Having said that there's a muse B side with a rediculously heavy riff where he's swapping between down and up 1 octave and it sounds amasing.

ashamed maybe?

Digitech Whammy DT Pedal Specs:

•True Polyphonic Pitch Shifting and Whammy effects in a single pedal

Do your research people! :rolleyes:

I can't wait for this personally. Everything I've ever wanted from my Whammy, so I'll definitely be getting one. If anyone else is in doubt, I'll write up a report on it when I get it. ;)

• 1 month later...

I would rather buy an xp-100 from ebay, at least I know what to dick about with and make it tru-bypass, chuck in flashed eproms and generally mess about with the code without worrying about wiping $450 if I don't like it.

• 4 weeks later...
Popped down to Manson's yesterday and they have the Whammy DT in stock, didn't see the price though :)

If Tom Morello is using the DT it's gotta be good, glad I sold my WH-1 when I did!

Did you try it out?

I'm definitely going to replace my whammy II. It sounds better, but that input level control...

Not sure whether to get a WH-4 or DT though. Need to see if the molten midi will work with the DT first.

A shop up the road has them in. I may give it a spin, but they are selling it at £299!

As for the the morello thing. He has both on the pedalboard in that video. Whammy I is next to the Wah and the DT is at the end.

Archived