Digitech Whammy DT with True Bypass & Drop Tuning

rust_relic

Did a quick search and couldn't find anything and though some of you might be interested. It's the New Whammy DT, same as the WH4 but also has True Bypass, Momentary (great for Dead Star) and Drop Tuning, retail price of £329

http://www.soundtech.co.uk/digitech/news/whammy-dt

230651_199608693417818_196395117072509_549245_1042025_n.jpg

230789_199608720084482_196395117072509_549246_7270590_n.jpg

228155_199608743417813_196395117072509_549247_5315747_n.jpg

231129_199608773417810_196395117072509_549248_6943509_n.jpg

From the website....

"Pitch shifting effects really help your guitar performance stand out and the Whammy pedal has been the core pitch shifting effect for famous artists for over 20 years. Now add full drop and raised tuning in addition to classic Whammy shifting to your effects arsenal and find out why the Whammy DT is the premiere pitch shifting effects pedal for every guitarist.

Step down or step up 7 half steps or an entire octave: The Whammy DT gives you the latest pitch shifting technology to retune your guitar without ever touching the tuning pegs. Step up or down in 7 half steps, or an entire octave with just one setting.

Whammy effects capabilities: With all the new tuning capabilities, you still have your true pitch shifting effects to sweeten up all moments of your gig. With over 20 years of leading the market in pitch shifting, Whammy effects give you the comfort of knowing the pedal you are using is a proven winner.

Momentary footswitch for “hammer-on” and “pull-off” effects: You can instantly create hammer-on and pull-off effects during your performance with the momentary footswitch. Hold it on for quick chord shifts or note changes during your solo or a gritty bridge.

The Whammy DT will ship in the UK in June 2011 priced at £329 SRP inc VAT."

Looks like they have used the same pedal as the WH1, now if they can get it to sound as good as the WH1 they are on to a winner :)

I have True Bypass on my WH4 with my Midi Rig so can't really justify that sort of money at the moment for an effect I hardly use, I do like the momentary option though.

If all the buttons on the front could be controlled by MIDI I might be interested, maybe next year:)

Worth $450?

I'm going to wait for cheddatom's opinion on this, but are you going to buy one Mark?

I am!

Not sure it'll be quite that expensive though, seems like a lot

So it's not polyphonic like someone else way saying? Still monophonic like the original whanmmy? I can't see it handling this drop tuning functions etc that well the to be honest.

I definitely remeber reading somewhere that it's polyphonic.

Although I hope the Whammy half is still monophonic for that digital glitching, if not I'll be keeping my WH-4 aswell

I'd have thought it was polyphonic other the drop tuning will be useless as youll not be able to play chords without tracking issues :eek:

As i posted in another thread its basically all these Morpheous pedals put into one, the capo, drop tune and bomber pedal (which are all polyphonic)

I remember a while ago I was playing Pretty Visitors by Arctic Monkeys using the drop tune feature on the WH4, and although the song doesn't really feature many chords, mostly single notes, I found that they all lacked the punch that it has without the effect

The whammy sucked all my toanz out :(

or should I create a new General Guitar + Bass Pedal/stompbox Thread?

Can I just say the whole point people make threads like this is because posting into one of those sticky threads tends to get your posts lost in a sea of others. I've asked questions in them that never get replied to.. simple things that I'm sure people could answer here because it's the sort of thing certain people know about.

I would still rather create a new thread and take all the abuse before the merge, just on the off chance that my question might actually get answered.

News of the new whammy would make me so much more excited if I wasnt preoccupied crying over the fact that my WH4 still wont return to normal pitch in the heel down position no matter how many times I calibrate it :(

My whammy does the exact same thing, let me know if you find a solution.

Just tried it, still no luck :'(

Seems like the only way I'm able to keep it at the regular pitch is if I keep my heel pressed right down on the pedal, otherwise its at least a few semitones too high.

Now I can't New Born correctly :(

I had that problem, but calibrating it worked...

Am I calibrating it wrong? Take out power supply, hold down the button, put the power back in, wait for it to stop flashing, depress button, push the pedal up and down twice, press button again?

If Ive been doing it wrong for the past 6 months that it hasnt been working, Im gonna be like :facepalm:

YER DOIN IT RONG!!!!

unplug power and input jack.

hold button down, plug in power, top left LED flashes

depress treadle all the way forward slowly, then back. Do it again.

press the effect button, LED stops flashing and returns to the mode you had it at.

whammy.

Archived