Forbes Most Powerful Celebrities 2011

muse samuse

Now that's fucking impressive.

A little more info here:

http://www.forbes.com/profile/muse

Earnings of $35M from May 2010- May 2011. They grossed $76 million on 63 shows during that time -- $1.2 million average gross! That doesn't even include the Fall 09 European tour. Hey at least now we know how Matt could afford a certain large precious stone ;)

But what got them their high rank isn't money but their social & web rank. Also explains how $90M Gaga got #1 over $290M Oprah.

Now that's fucking impressive.

A little more info here:

http://www.forbes.com/profile/muse

Earnings of $35M from May 2010- May 2011. They grossed $76 million on 63 shows during that time -- $1.2 million average gross! That doesn't even include the Fall 09 European tour. Hey at least now we know how Matt could afford a certain large precious stone ;)

But what got them their high rank isn't money but their social & web rank. Also explains how $90M Gaga got #1 over $290M Oprah.

I hate how they brought up that "sell your soul to the devil" thing again. :rolleyes:

Interesting list. I'm not at all convinced that these "rankings" are accurate, but let's assume they are... it shows how easily you can gain influence, even without deserving it.

Like Justin Bieber? How is he so high on the list? And Simon Cowell, for that matter.

Interesting list. I'm not at all convinced that these "rankings" are accurate, but let's assume they are... it shows how easily you can gain influence, even without deserving it.

Like Justin Bieber? How is he so high on the list? And Simon Cowell, for that matter.

Yeah some of the company is less than prestigious, but interesting that Muse made the list yet they don't consider themselves celebrities or act like celebrities.

I don't think of them as celebrities either, even though they are famous, and most of us wouldn't even know of them if they weren't.

It shows how popular they are though so that's a good thing. :happy:

i dont think $35 million is an obscene amount of money for such a popular band who did so many shows, most of them sold out, including stadiums in europe.

not to mention there's 3 members to split the earnings AND a large sum of that amount probably wont be touched anyway as it is to be reinvested in the future.

obviously it's a lot of money for an average person, but for a band of muse's scale? sure, allows them to live well LOL, but nothing tremendously disproportionate IMO.

i dont think $35 million is an obscene amount of money for such a popular band who did so many shows, most of them sold out, including stadiums in europe.

not to mention there's 3 members to split the earnings AND a large sum of that amount probably wont be touched anyway as it is to be reinvested in the future.

obviously it's a lot of money for an average person, but for a band of muse's scale? sure, allows them to live well LOL, but nothing tremendously disproportionate IMO.

They did say they'd spent so much on the production that they'd be lucky to break even, so how much of that £35m went into their pockets we don't know.

They did say they'd spent so much on the production that they'd be lucky to break even, so how much of that £35m went into their pockets we don't know.

If they grossed $76 mill on tour and only(!) earned $35 mill, I guess that accounts for the production costs, agent fees etc.

i dont think $35 million is an obscene amount of money for such a popular band who did so many shows, most of them sold out, including stadiums in europe.not to mention there's 3 members to split the earnings AND a large sum of that amount probably wont be touched anyway as it is to be reinvested in the future.

Well, I know alot of the shows I went to were sold out or close but, when I went to the Sacramento show there were seats on the top level that werent taken and the back was cloaked off. When we were coming back from the airport a girl there asked us who we saw and where and we said Muse at Arco. We said there was like 10,000 people. She was shocked cause she had never heard of them and they sold more tickets then when she saw Beyonce there 2 years earlier. We asked her how much the tickets were and she said the cheap tickets she got be over $75!!! Our 20th row tickets were less than $40. That might be the difference with them making less. They charge less than other "big" artists.

yes, it's true they do charge a lot less for tickets than other very popular acts.

fortunately, because they could easily make the same money if they charged more for tickets. like with the beyonce example above.

If they grossed $76 mill on tour and only(!) earned $35 mill, I guess that accounts for the production costs, agent fees etc.
yeah, that was my understanding too.

but what isn't considered there is how much they are 'saving' for future stuff; part of that profit is to be invested again. they've said it themselves in the past that all (obviously not all, but you get the idea) that they earn they end up spending on touring and equipment again.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.forbes.com/wealth/celebrities/list

Congrats to Muse and footballers Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi for making the forbes.com celebrity power list this past year. Their talents know no bounds!

Muse (Rank #34): Awards Won

IVOR NOVELLO - International Achievement 2011

GRAMMY - Best Rock Album The Resistance 2011

IFPI Double Platinum Europe Certification - The Resistance 2011

IFPI Double Platinum Europe Certification - Black Holes and Revelations 2011

RIAA Platinum USA Certification - "Uprising" 2011

NME - Best British Band 2011

AMA - Favourite Alternative Rock Artist 2010

Cristiano Ronaldo (Rank #43): Trophies/Awards/Honours Won

Pichichi & European Golden Boot - Leading Goal Scorer (40) in Spanish La Liga 2011

Copa del Rey Winner 2011 (Real Madrid defeated Barcelona 1-0) - Match winning goal

Leading Goal Scorer in all club 2010-11 competitions - 53 (tied with Lionel Messi)

Ballon d'Or Winner 2008

Lionel Messi (Rank #62): Trophies/Awards/Honours Won

UEFA Champions League Winner 2011 (Barcelona defeated Manchester United 3-1)

Spanish La Liga Primera Division Winner 2010-2011 with Barcelona

Ballon d'Or Winner 2010 & 2009

Leading Goal Scorer in the 2010-2011 Champions League (12) and tied with CR7 for Leading Goal Scorer in all club competitions (53) this past year

Archived