Posting full Muse articles

trinity3music

Would you mind terribly on your article posts restricting yourselves to a lead paragraph only and asking people to click over to the source in a new window/new tab? (Just hit control before you click on a link.)

Part of how these online papers stay in business and bring you interesting articles about Muse is through advertising and page views. If you post the article in full and people do not read it on the original site, then revenue goes down. I love Muse as well, but this is a big forum and lost page views really add up.

Please think about this. Thanks!!

In 99% of the cases, I think that's exactly what people do(lead paragraph+link that is). The only time full articles are shown is when you either have to pay, register or if it is in a different language :)

Yep!

There's also times where there are scans from magazines (but those are usually more for the pictures because you can't really read the small text. :indiff:)

Would you mind terribly on your article posts restricting yourselves to a lead paragraph only and asking people to click over to the source in a new window/new tab? (Just hit control before you click on a link.)

Part of how these online papers stay in business and bring you interesting articles about Muse is through advertising and page views. If you post the article in full and people do not read it on the original site, then revenue goes down. I love Muse as well, but this is a big forum and lost page views really add up.

Strange request. :erm: Certainly when related to your ps. It doesn't exactly pull it outside the gossip mag/gossip website category if it is reported on one. It seems a bit like you are trying to make a profit on the back of it.:erm:

Strange request. :erm: Certainly when related to your ps. It doesn't exactly pull it outside the gossip mag/gossip website category if it is reported on one.

Well, the OP is the writer of the article, so ofc it's okay :awesome:

When starting threads, please be aware that Muse don't like the official messageboard being used to discuss their personal lives. If you really wish to do so, go and use Muselive. And don't forget to click on a few of their advertising links to keep them going.

Oh okay, thanks. Incidentally the OP appears to have an interest in the profits The Times makes as well.

I think she's just looking out for the interests of journalism as a whole. Which is fair enough but I don't think most people care enough to bother to change the way they do things.

I'm a journalist myself - I should care but I don't really :LOL:

OP - are you the one who pm'd me asking to put your link about the kate hudson engagement in my already locked thread because the daily mail didn't write a good article?

Shouldn't be too hard to check if it was :p

But goddamn, that's brilliant jack :LOL:

It was something like:

If you're going to post an article, about their engagement, would you at least post one that's written from the proper perspective and is true!

MUSE news: Matt Bellamy engaged to Kate Hudson!!

Romantic, but longeterm Muse fans are still concerned for Matt!

And yes, I do think that it's OK to post about their engagement as it's very public. I think they don't want anything that is actually private becoming public.

Can you edit what you posted to use my link?? [/Quote]

Jack, you might want to remove that link, seeing as Olly already removed the link from the opening post.

I have a feeling she's the one who wrote that article.. ;)

She also wrote an article about how Muse could save rock because Guitar Hero was dying, and took offense to people saying it wasn't a very coherent article.

Links already open in a new window/tab by default here anyway. :p

Archived