Hammertym3

Uprising Covered on American Idol

Singing an octave higher was definitely horrible advice!

I hope Matt was joking. Or maybe he was trying to sabotage the guy to look good in comparison? :LOL:

:LOL:

Its on right now and ryan secrest(sp) said "Coming up next the very first muse song ever on idol courtesy of (the guys name)"

Didn't Lambert do "Starlight" once during his season? :wtf:

Edit: OMG! What the fuck was that? His screeching sounded like the feral cats that fight and have sex in my backyard. Whoever the fuck told him he could sing needs to be shot.

Edited by Killer Rabbit

:LOL: :LOL: That was hilarious

I survived about 12 seconds into that.

Aw, but you missed the terrible attempt at falsetto

Edit: OMG! What the fuck was that? His screeching sounded like the feral cats that fight and have sex in my backyard. Whoever the fuck told him he could sing needs to be shot.

....:LOL: :LOL:

after that sojourn in, let's say, caterwauling...let me provide some opinion-laden insight on how that "e-mail" might have went down (in common parlance...):

hudson to bellamy (oral conversation): you should sign a release and let a contestant sing one of your band's songs on a live american idol show.

bellamy to hudson (while bellamy is sitting amidst the audience of a live broadcast): no.

hudson: really, it'd be great.

bellamy: how? neither i nor the band will sign the appropriate releases.

AI officials and/or hudson: you either get props for having joe schmo butcher an otherwise competent song...or you get props for the song on the air.

bellamy: if anyone is going to sing one of our songs, i want the tourette's guy singing it. and i wan't it sung OTT -- to an extreme.

[time passes]:

someone from idol conveying to bellamy: ok, durbin want's to scream/screech the final 35 seconds of a 1:40 snippet of uprising. live. on idol. in the states.

bellamy / muse: a release will be signed -- but only if 'neutral or positive' comments are uttered by the judges; and, if mr. tourette's wants to pilfer any aspect of any on-stage performance (theatrics-wise), understand that i / the band will demand a revenue stream.

idol execs: gotcha. sign a release on your legally-protected, drumming, theatrical bit. we'll agree to all of your other stipulations.

muse: 'preciate it. revenue streams will be great; can't wait for the subsidiary itunes cuts to which we'll be entitled. and then, in soto vocce...never again will a muse song be performed by anyone on any show akin to that -- unless the vocalist is either truly great...or...absolute cannon fodder.

Its kinda annoying that people think the performance (other than musers) was amazing. Because honestly it wasnt. And then the idol fans get on youtube and comment all over the uprising video saying how much better james did. And how the scream made it unique. :LOL: But i thought the scream was probably the worst part. In the real song the falsetto works because it is on top of the other vocals, but just with his vocals and the annoying lady saying the come ons (which everytime it happened i Lol'd) it didnt sound good.

Just my 2 cents.

on twitter someone wrote that this guy did Muse better than Matt Bellamy:eek::eek:

what's wrong with this people??? :mad:

I checked the video because I was really curious about it, and stopped it after 15 secs.

If this guy was the best performer, I'd be worried about the others

You only have to visit the Uprising film clip on Youtube to see that the opinions in this thread are not shared by American Idol viewers...

My husband thought it was better than Bellamy. In fact he said that if Matt sang it like that, he would probably like it. My husband doesn't like matts voice though. I love James, he sings all his other songs well, but this just goes to proove that you cannot do Muse, unless your Muse. Matt is Matt, no one else can do it quite like him. ;)

My husband thought it was better than Bellamy. In fact he said that if Matt sang it like that, he would probably like it. My husband doesn't like matts voice though. I love James, he sings all his other songs well, but this just goes to proove that you cannot do Muse, unless your Muse. Matt is Matt, no one else can do it quite like him. ;)

I'll send you the divorce papers.

You only have to visit the Uprising film clip on Youtube to see that the opinions in this thread are not shared by American Idol viewers...

Yeah, well the majority of AI viewers are pre-teen/teenage girls and middle-aged women who vote based upon the moistness of their panties.

Just because a guy is good looking DOES NOT mean he can sing well. :facepalm:

Yeah just saw some of the comments:

What an amazing job James did with their song, I just think he is amazing and I agree they will get more views on their video because of him tonite.

Watchin' James Durbin with my GF tonight.. we usually don't agree on any of the performers, but TONIGHT: BOTH of us agreed on how awesome his performance was.. and actually rewound & watched it 3 MORE TIMES!!

In 9 years of watching Amer Idol, I've never been blown away by a song or a performance like this. And I've NEVER been a metal fan, but Durbin is one amazing artist. He brought me here to enjoy it all over again!

:noey::noey:

And how is Muse metal?

edit: Just watched the video again, can't stop laughing at the falsetto :LOL:

Ergh the judges loved it...

Randy said "Muse is one of my favourite bands, Uprising is one of my favourite songs". Yeah I totally believe that...

Edited by harrypottermegan

I didn't think it was horrible but it was a bit boring. The way he sang the verses was a bit mechanical and didn't have enough personality :erm:

I think the fact that Matt does the song and mood so easily makes it seem like this guy did terrible, but really, if someone I knew sang it like that I would be pretty proud to know them.

And how is Muse metal?

They aren't! :facepalm:

Some music critics think they are because of the heavy riffs of "Stockholm Syndrome" and "New Born" and the like, but let's not forget, these are the people who awarded Jethro Tull the first ever Heavy Metal Grammy instead of Metallica. :facepalm::facepalm:

I think the fact that Matt does the song and mood so easily makes it seem like this guy did terrible, but really, if someone I knew sang it like that I would be pretty proud to know them.

Matt barely gets away with it himself:LOL:

Edited by Namey

Matt barely gets away with it himself:LOL:

When you're the original, you can argue that that's how it's meant to be done.