That's not the point though is it? The fact is that people come back from a gig excited and wanting to talk about the experience and more often than not they find the thread full of whinging and moaning. The gig threads aren't the place for general setlist beef.

I think Lyra missed the warning, so no infraction for her pl0x.

I dont think the Rage fans will have minded. They dont just want riff-centric music and they shouldnt be pigeon-holed like that. At the end of the day, they will have heard UD/Resistance et al. before so will get a lil buzz out of hearing it whereas, lets face it, Micro Cuts is a little bit different.

You mean just like the average festival crowd shouldn't be pigeon-holed to only like the singles? :awesome:

You mean just like the average festival crowd shouldn't be pigeon-holed to only like the singles? :awesome:

Of course, but on paper there's a nice mix in that set, I bet alot of them hadn't seen Muse before. Stockholm will still have sounded awesome to UD haters etc...

For what it's worth as someone who didn't attend, I thought the setlist was pretty dire for a gig supporting Rage. The setlist would have been fine at a headlining gig or their own, but supporting Rage? Not really. I feel really sorry for the Rage fans; I can't imagaine the shock, confusion and disapointment at Resistance. Seeing Matt grab this big, shinny double-neck axe, and then for them to play Resistance? Must have been a bit of a let down. I would have thought playing infront of their idols they'd have gone out of their way to do something special, but no.

Ah well, it's been a while since they played, maybe they just needed a straightforward gig to get back into the swing of it, and I didn't go, so maybe they played well and gave a good account of themselves.

I overheard some Rage fans talking and it's really obvious to them that Matt's heavily influenced by Tom Morello, even with that set. And they liked it. If they played only their "Rage appropriate songs" they might've just seemed like a Rage tribute band. :LOL:

I overheard some Rage fans talking and it's really obvious to them that Matt's heavily influenced by Tom Morello, even with that set. And they liked it. If they played only their "Rage appropriate songs" they might've just seemed like a Rage tribute band. :LOL:

I was thinking that, but the vocal styles are so different that I think they would get away with it.

Replace UD with Dead Star or Assassin(Why should it be considered unlikely just because it's rare?) and the set would have worked a lot better. Though, it would have to change place in the setlist ofc.

Replace UD with Dead Star or Assassin(Why should it be considered unlikely just because it's rare?) and the set would have worked a lot better. Though, it would have to change place in the setlist ofc.

I definitely think Assassin should have been an obvious choice for this gig.

This makes me glad I sold my Reading ticket... I seriously think they won't play it/all

Same here, I don't think they will play it all, the most songs they'd do is 16/17 & they love their singles collection set list too much.

Plus all the costs in travel, ticket etc will easily cost about £130+ not worth it at all.

Now its no huge loss for me having seen & heard it all since 1999.

Assassin would have been PERFECT at that gig.

But no, don't be foolish! That would make sense!

That means they would have to rehearse a new song, god forbid.

Damn, that joke has been done more times than Feeling Good.

I'm as cynical as many others but I am still fully expecting OoS in it's entirety at Reading :)

You don't need your camera, watch the gig then again that's like saying to me, no involvement in pit circles

Same here, I don't think they will play it all, the most songs they'd do is 16/17 & they love their singles collection set list too much.

Plus all the costs in travel, ticket etc will easily cost about £130+ not worth it at all.

Now its no huge loss for me having seen & heard it all since 1999.

I'm only bothered about Hyper Music, seen Bliss, NB, SD, Microcuts, CE, PIB. Not massively keen on the rest anyway.

Oh well, it'll be on tv anyway! Best view in the house, turn it up, save the money!

Archived