As usual if you have any issues about mod's decisions just PM one of the mods about it. This is not the place to discuss it this is a thread about the LA Rising gig.

It was the mods who started the conversation...but I'll keep that in mind.

But does that mean I can be condescending if I actually did attend the gig?

If not, I don't see how it matters if I attended the gig or not.

No, but it matters because you are basically taking the wind out of someones sail if you tell them a certain setlist was dire. I think these threads are more for people who went to the gig and want to talk about how awesome it was (which is the general consensus for people who attend most Muse gigs) than for the usual load of forumers who still dont understand that Muse won't change their sets drastically now.

We don't want so much negativity from people who didn't attend the gigs seeing people who did attend the gig are going to come back, and chances are they've had a great time. It's not that we're not telling you to voice your opinions, rather consider the feelings of other people.

If you're a new user and you came into a thread with all this negative stuff but wanted to talk positively about your experience at the gig, that doesn't exactly make you feel comfortable or welcome, does it?

Like L. said, if you've got an issue, grab a tissue or PM a mod about it.

No, but it matters because you are basically taking the wind out of someones sail if you tell them a certain setlist was dire. I think these threads are more for people who went to the gig and want to talk about how awesome it was (which is the general consensus for people who attend most Muse gigs) than for the usual load of forumers who still dont understand that Muse won't change their sets drastically now.

That STILL has nothing to do with if I attended the gig or not.

And sorry, but I'm not gonna give a damn if my opinion isn't shared with someone who attended the gig.

I have never abused someone for enjoying a gig.

Muse shouldn't be supporting RAGE with that choice of pop songs they should be supporting Backstreet Boys

I brought along 6 Muse "virgins" and they all thought Muse was the best act of the night. All but 2 were there to see Rage. I also hoped to hear some more OoS, but had a lot of fun. My friends were impressed, and hope to see more of Muse in the future. My work here is done.

Do we not have an overall tour discussion thread for that sort of thing anyway?

It's being sorted. It's not here yet, but should be soon.

If I was a noob I'd still say how awesome it was. Be a keyboard warrior!

Some people aren't quite as confident as you, Alix :p

And sorry, but I'm not gonna give a damn if my opinion isn't shared with someone who attended the gig.

It still takes the wind out of their sails. Thats just the way it is. If they come back from a gig thinking 'woo Starlight' and then see a forum full of people saying 'urgh Starlight? Such a shit song' then it's not encouraging new people to post. Its also pointless because Starlight is going nowhere.

And attending the gig makes a big difference to your opinion. I saw Muse perform a fairly average set in Birmingham but it was just as awesome a Muse gig as I've been to? All you see is a standard set, and we usually have a setlist discussion thread. This isn't just for setlist discussion, its for overall discussion, which we obviously can't comment on.

For what its worth, I was disappointed by the set, but I wasn't there, so I know my opinion doesn't really matter.

I don't think it's possible to me to be disappointed by a Muse show. It was my 5th time seeing them but even if the setlist is always the same (which, for the most part, it hasn't been) there's always something new to take from each gig so I'm not complaining. I don't follow Muse around as a hobby so it's refreshing each time.

It still takes the wind out of their sails. Thats just the way it is. If they come back from a gig thinking 'woo Starlight' and then see a forum full of people saying 'urgh Starlight? Such a shit song' then it's not encouraging new people to post. Its also pointless because Starlight is going nowhere.

And attending the gig makes a big difference to your opinion. I saw Muse perform a fairly average set in Birmingham but it was just as awesome a Muse gig as I've been to? All you see is a standard set, and we usually have a setlist discussion thread. This isn't just for setlist discussion, its for overall discussion, which we obviously can't comment on.

For what its worth, I was disappointed by the set, but I wasn't there, so I know my opinion doesn't really matter.

I never said it doesn't take the wind out of their sails, I said I don't give a damn. Just like I don't think they'd give a damn if the majority was positive to the gig and I was afraid to post my negative opinion.

...I have never implied that a bad setlist makes a bad gig. Go read all my 10000 posts on the subject again.

Muse shouldn't be supporting RAGE with that choice of pop songs they should be supporting Backstreet Boys

Perfect.

Some people aren't quite as confident as you, Alix :p

:awesome:

It DOES matter though.

Right.

No more arguments about moderator decisions, or any arguments about what can be said or not said. This is a thread about the LA Rising gig, not about what you can say and can't say. Any more posts regarding the matter after this and we'll be giving warnings, and any further infractions.

If you have an issue, please PM any of the mods and we'll explain.

Back to discussions about LA Rising, thanks, even if it is discussing the setlist. Just don't attack each other and all will be well.

I thought the setlist was crap.

It could be a lot worse, but then, why would I have to assume the worst?

I'm sure Muse made a great performance, as they always do. I'm sure that 90% of the people at the gig loved it, I probably would have too.

The setlist was still bad.

Well then, I really wanted to see something they hadn't done in a while from Origin, but since I'll be seeing it in about a month, I'm not overly fussed.

Pfft, not at their own show = crowd pleaser set, surely people should know this by now?

Reading will be an exception because they confirmed from the off they'd play OoS. About Micro Cuts, hmm, bit sad but at least those people there heard it the first time.

Hope everyone had a good time! :)

Muse are awesome live. I'd say their performance last night was epic. The set was lame.

THE END.

For what it's worth as someone who didn't attend, I thought the setlist was pretty dire for a gig supporting Rage. The setlist would have been fine at a headlining gig or their own, but supporting Rage? Not really. I feel really sorry for the Rage fans; I can't imagaine the shock, confusion and disapointment at Resistance. Seeing Matt grab this big, shinny double-neck axe, and then for them to play Resistance? Must have been a bit of a let down. I would have thought playing infront of their idols they'd have gone out of their way to do something special, but no.

Ah well, it's been a while since they played, maybe they just needed a straightforward gig to get back into the swing of it, and I didn't go, so maybe they played well and gave a good account of themselves.

Pfft, not at their own show = crowd pleaser set, surely people should know this by now?

Reading will be an exception because they confirmed from the off they'd play OoS. About Micro Cuts, hmm, bit sad but at least those people there heard it the first time.

Hope everyone had a good time! :)

Crowd pleaser doesn't always mean pop hits. Especially not when you're supporting RATM.

I was looking forward to seeing Microcuts, but perhaps they didn't feel happy enough with it yet. At least we know they will play it at Leeds/Reading whatever! :)

8wjuki.jpg

Matt must have put on the hospital wristband especially for the gig. Touching..:happy:

I dont think the Rage fans will have minded. They dont just want riff-centric music and they shouldnt be pigeon-holed like that. At the end of the day, they will have heard UD/Resistance et al. before so will get a lil buzz out of hearing it whereas, lets face it, Micro Cuts is a little bit different.

That's not the point though is it? The fact is that people come back from a gig excited and wanting to talk about the experience and more often than not they find the thread full of whinging and moaning. The gig threads aren't the place for general setlist beef.