I dunno.

I'm just a bit bummed about them not playing Micro Cuts.

But hey, they cut out Feeling Good and Guiding Light so it's all good :rolleyes:

Micro Cuts would have been great, but I'm not too disappointed. BH was a good addition I think

Hahah so I see my tweets came through. :happy: I'm really tired at the moment and haven't checked the entire thread yet, but before I go, I'm gonna write a few things....

-Yes I got my hopes up, which is completely my fault. :LOL: But chatting with a few others who made it to the soundcheck the night was enough to make me believe that maybe...*sigh*

-I was by myself in the seated area and was the only one into the whole Muse performance (well until near the end). Bimbo blonde kept invading my space with her body and wig/overstuffed hair extensions. The annoying guys behind me kept chanting "Rage Rage Rage" the whole time. Not cool.

-Sorry about the tweets about the shirts (clearly they weren't meant to be SO SRS). Besides, I watched Captain America last night, so the movie and anything about it is still relevant in my mind. :LOL:

-I admit it, I'm not happy about the show. But to keep this short: it's only MY opinion, so please don't get your knickers in a twist and get defensive. I already have like two people tweet to me about my "attitude." (You know, you could just ignore whatever negative things I or anyone else say. Quite simple). :rolleyes:

-Yeah, majority of the crowd was there for Rage. It's my first time seeing them and I'm glad I stuck around to watch the show as much as I could. Overall I'm happy anyway.

I had a great time tonight! A few technical errors, but it kept the show lively. B&H was fantastic. I didn't expect any OoS songs, figured they'll save them for R/L. But I had hoped for Assassin or Take a Bow. So I felt a *little* disappointed when it didn't happen, but not enough to make me forget I had a great time :D.

Anyways, loved the enery from Muse. Liked the visuals, hexagons and the new purple lasers for Undisclosed. Also loved Immortal Technique's set. It made me cry. Such an amazing storyteller. Rise Against was great. They really know how to connect with the audience. Lost my rail spot for Rage because I had to run to the restroom. Could no longer hold it :p . But it's better than being dehydrated! I was surpised the staff gave out so much water. We got a bottle after each act. I thought we'd have to suffer in the afternoon heat. Rage was ok. Repetitive set, but still fun. They need to release some new fucking material already! :rolleyes:

Oh, and it was way better than Sacramento, so that's all that matters. With the clusterfuck that happened earlier today, it brought backflashbacks of that horrible show. LA Rising surpassed it. Performance wise, I'd rank it better than Voodoo as well.

I had a great time tonight! A few technical errors, but it kept the show lively. B&H was fantastic. I didn't expect any OoS songs, figured they'll save them for R/L. But I had hoped for Assassin or Take a Bow. So I felt a *little* disappointed when it didn't happen, but not enough to make me forget I had a great time :D.

Anyways, loved the enery from Muse. Liked the visuals, hexagons and the new purple lasers for Undisclosed. Also loved Immortal Technique's set. It made me cry. Such an amazing storyteller. Rise Against was great. They really know how to connect with the audience. Lost my rail spot for Rage because I had to run to the restroom. Could no longer hold it :p . But it's better than being dehydrated! I was surpised the staff gave out so much water. We got a bottle after each act. I thought we'd have to suffer in the afternoon heat. Rage was ok. Repetitive set, but still fun. They need to release some new fucking material already! :rolleyes:

Oh, and it was way better than Sacramento, so that's all that matters. With the clusterfuck that happened earlier today, it brought backflashbacks of that horrible show. LA Rising surpassed it. Performance wise, I'd rank it better than Voodoo as well.

Wished I could've said hi to you tonight. Glad you got barrier! Were you on Chris's side again??

back, showered and ears ringing. Heres my brief recap:

1. Got there at 10 amd line was huge, but I wasnt NOT going to get first section. Sitting in line people and it was all their first time seeing muse, so I replied that its my 13th and they just stared like I was some sorta psycho fan, lol.

All these reviews are based on my stance from the pit

2. rise against was super aggro. I think the energy was highest here. I was in the mix but didnt wanna be.

3. Muse - I was on Matts side, about 7 rows in and 7 up and it was awesome. I felt like he had a lot of energy there. Like the old school stage and the crowd seemed into it. Jumping, small moshing, whatever... Setlist was fine. I was singing to every song and near the end of PiB a dude next to me gave a fist bump and said something like "you might be the only real fan down here" or something like that. It was a compliment, ha.

4. Rage was awesome but - and youll think Im crazy - the pit was not bad AT ALL. I was shocked. It wasnt very aggresive. I was about 10 rows up and had plenty of room to do my thing. I think RA was worse.

So there you have it. Awesome show, well worth the cash. SO GLAD I got up early to make the first section.

1. Overture

2. Uprising (Extended)

3. Map of the Problematique

4. Supermassive Black Hole

5. Butterflies and Hurricanes

6. Hysteria

7. United States of Eurasia

8. Helsinki Jam + Undisclosed Desires

9. Resistance

10. Starlight

11. Time Is Running Out

12. Stockholm Syndrome

13. Plug In Baby

14. Knights of Cydonia

Wow, I'm surprised they didn't do a rarity from OoS. I'm sure it was a great night though :D Butterflies and Hurricanes is always good to hear and Map of the Problematique is nice for a change too.

Great setlist from Muse. So glad that they played Knights of Cydonia :happy:

You're back! I'll be glad if there's no KOC at Leeds/Reading :D

Just got home after leaving the concert and getting something to eat (a hot dog with fries and a soda for $18 at the coliseum?!?! :rolleyes:) I was expecting more, but seeing Butterflies and Hurricanes [for the first time!!] and MoTP again made up for it. I recorded B&H in full so i'll put that up on YouTube later, I also got the Kaoss jam before SMBH. The crowd was alright during Muse's set, I couldnt tell if the whole stadium or just my section was singing along to the songs.

Once Rage came on the crowd went apeshit. There was a HUGE mosh pit right in front of my section once Rage started, I also had a good view of the pit where people kept setting shit on fire. Glad they were taken care of before people got even more crazy.

Random notes/thoughts:

-It was great seeing El Gran Silencio live. They really seem like a down-to-earth band. They did curse a lot during their set, but that's how most of the people talk to each other in Mexico.

-Immortal Technique was great live. At first I didn't think how he would handle himself playing a stadium, but he performed awesomely. His last song was incredible.

-For just having given birth to a baby last weekend, Lauryn Hill still gave off plenty of energy during her performance.

-Rise Against was alright live, their music doesn't translate well live, the songs seem too chaotic. The crowd ate up their energy though. They definitely jumped around more for Rise Against than for Muse.

Oh, and I don't think many people got to jump the barriers to get to the next section. When Rise Against was playing they brought in a shit load of more security as the crowd was starting to get really rowdy. I do remember one guy jumping from the third to second section, then security chased him down and kicked him out. :LOL:

Edit: OH, and Matts guitar stopped playing about 1/3 into TiRO, I thought they were going to stop playing since Matt was fiddling with it while singing and nothing seemed to work. He got it working again for the ending. And the sound cut out twice when RATM started playing Testify.

jvlsfjlvfjosgjlfs

it was amazing :D

did anyone hear when they were playing Hoodoo during the break?

and did anyone else see that sign about Bing?

i caught a hullaballoon too :D

lol i have so much to say.

jvlsfjlvfjosgjlfs

it was amazing :D

did anyone hear when they were playing Hoodoo during the break?

and did anyone else see that sign about Bing?

i caught a hullaballoon too :D

lol i have so much to say.

I kinda freaked out for a moment during the Hoodoo intro, lol.

And was that the same sign that said BLISS on it too??

((Mad props to whoever made that sign!))

I had been stoaked for the show since it was rumored. Scored section 25 row 4 (which was the first row since 1-3 were not used). View was somewhat blocked by equipment but Matt/ Chris were full view (Probably the best seat in the house IMO). Matt worked my side early on, MoTP was sick, nice riffage then B&H made my year! Matt's guitar died halfway through TIRO and got the Matte black to work and finished (He did have a funny skip over to his tech when he realized it was messed up. Chris had some new blue LEDs on his carbon fiber bass which was also sick! Took video of the whole show minus USoE and Resistance. Sound is probably shit but I can link for the visuals at least. Matt loved the shit out of his Capt America shirt and still had on his ID from the hospital, very sweet. SS had 2-3 riffs after it but not quite as awesome as Staples night 2 but still damn good. My favorite exchange of the night was Rage fan: That guy is fucking talented (During B&H). Me: That guy is Matt FUCKING Bellamy. I made my GF lol. Merch tent was already ablaze during the set. Bliss balloons got Ragers excited and KoC did it's job as a closer. MATT DROPPED HIS BOMBER! He thrashed the shit out of his Glitterati last tour but not the Bomber FFS.

Now Rage. Holy shit! Intro was amazing. Love the newspaper headlines and the back story to their madness. Def need to youtube to find it. Right off the bat, the sound cut out twice during their first song, then 20 people zerged security from my section, which was managing the first pit section, punches were thrown and it got gnarly for a minute. I don't know how security kept them from getting through. 20 people continued to mosh in the aisle and tried to push through 4-5 more times. 5 cops grabbed a guy with long hair and slammed him against the wall (deserved it), cuffed him and took him away. A member of security from the next section over was carried out from what looked to be a leg injury. Bonfire ignited a few times in Pit 2 and fire truck was in the tunnel. The energy was unlike anything I had every seen. My GF wasn't too happy because she was scared for her life, but damn, it was an adrenaline rush to say the least. Compromised with her and left 15 minutes early. There was a guy passed out in the bush and we were off.

EDIT: The little camera that could + my epic vocals are proud to present (Once they are finished loading) 13 of 15 songs from LA Rising. http://www.youtube.com/user/skyzlmtGTR?feature=mhee I hope my vocals don't get any of this Nazi backlash I've been reading about in previous pages. I know their bad, no need to comment on the vids.

They showed the sign after Starlight. It say "Matt, you electrify my life" then on the back it said Bing, congrats Matt

i think it said "Bing = Bliss Bellamy"

i saw something with Bliss and Bellamy :erm:

Archived