The Independent - Muse: Nice album – shame about the concert

Riveon

Yes exactly, you did. I still don't get what could possibly have made you question my statement about it being a live favourite instead of just saying "I mean a live favourite for me"

To most musers? You do realise that most musers aren't even members of this board? How did you collect these facts?

Alright, alright, I'm sorry I didn't make my point clear enough. You misinterpreted my point, which is my fault for not being precise enough. let my clarify: I do not like Feeling Good live. Neither do many inhabitants of these boards, and I'm sure many non-board dweller Muse fans don't like it, either. clear enough?

Alright, alright, I'm sorry I didn't make my point clear enough. You misinterpreted my point, which is my fault for not being precise enough. let my clarify: I do not like Feeling Good live. Neither do many inhabitants of these boards, and I'm sure many non-board dweller Muse fans don't like it, either. clear enough?

And it is still a live favourite, most people on Muse concerts are musers by my standards, and most of them love it.

And in fact, a LOT of people on this board likes Feeling Good. If you don't believe me, check the thread for album ratings.

And finally, "Feeling Good? Live favorite? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" is usually a way of showing your disagreement of a statement (the statement being Feeling Good is a live favourite, to which "I don't like it live" isn't a disagreement)

What is your definition of a Muser? I'd say casual fans don't count.

Why not?

And if it's that hard to be a muser, then why does it even matter what such a minority thinks when judging an overall opinion of a song?

And also, like I said, most people on this board don't hate FG :p

And it is still a live favourite, most people on Muse concerts are musers by my standards, and most of them love it.

And in fact, a LOT of people on this board likes Feeling Good. If you don't believe me, check the thread for album ratings.

And finally, "Feeling Good? Live favorite? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" is usually a way of showing your disagreement of a statement (the statement being Feeling Good is a live favourite, to which "I don't like it live" isn't a disagreement)

eh I don't consider most concert goers to be Musers. I generally believe that you have be a member of this board to be a Muser. That's not to say you can't be a Muse FAN and not be a member here, but Muser is more than a fan.

For as many people who enjoy FG, I think I could probably find more that dislike it. What about you? I'm sure you have, at some point, dissed FG during setlist beef.

Actually, I'd say it IS a disagreement. The author said that it's a favorite live, and I disagreed by saying I don't like it live.

Why not?

And if it's that hard to be a muser, then why does it even matter what such a minority thinks when judging an overall opinion of a song?

And also, like I said, most people on this board doesn't hate FG :p

Because it's a name the more hardcore fans have given themselves. If I were a casual fan I wouldn't call myself a Muser. In fact it's not a term you'd even know until you join the messageboard or some other fan site, which casuals tend not to do.

The FG haters are a very vocal minority. A lot of people are too scared to admit they like the song. I happen to like it myself.

eh I don't consider most concert goers to be Musers. I generally believe that you have be a member of this board to be a Muser. That's not to say you can't be a Muse FAN and not be a member here, but Muser is more than a fan.

For as many people who enjoy FG, I think I could probably find more that dislike it. What about you? I'm sure you have, at some point, dissed FG during setlist beef.

Actually, I'd say it IS a disagreement. The author said that it's a favorite live, and I disagreed by saying I don't like it live.

:facepalm: For gods sake

1. Like I said to Lyra, why does it even matter then?

2. You think? And you base this on what? That a lot of people rank it lowest on OoS? Because I rank it among the lowest, but it is still 7/10. And most RATINGS on that thread are 7/10 or more. Some are 6/10 and a very small amount are lower.

3. So? Your point being? I have no problem with Feeling Good being on the setlist tbh, and even if I did, it doesn't mean I dislike the song. Even if you didn't get that from my 1000 posts about setlists, it's not about my personal favourite songs not being played.

4. No it isn't. You are disagreeing with something that the writer never said.

"Most people like FG"

"I disagree, I don't like it"

You see my point?

:facepalm: For gods sake

1. Like I said to Lyra, why does it even matter then?

2. You think? And you base this on what? That a lot of people rank it lowest on OoS? Because I rank it among the lowest, but it is still 7/10. And most RATINGS on that thread are 7/10 or more. Some are 6/10 and a very small amount are lower.

3. So? Your point being? I have no problem with Feeling Good being on the setlist tbh, and even if I did, it doesn't mean I dislike the song. Even if you didn't get that from my 1000 posts about setlists, it's not about my personal favourite songs not being played.

4. No it isn't. You are disagreeing with something that the writer never said.

"Most people like FG"

"I disagree, I don't like it"

You see my point?

1. It doesn't. its totally irrelevant to the argument we're having right now.

2. Even so, even the FG Appreciation thread has people hating on it in it. check for yourself. It lost to DARK SHINES in the song tournament, another song that is somewhat near the bottom of MOST people's Origin rankings. please don't jump on me about DS now.

3. Seriously? you have no problem whatsoever that songs like RBS are being replaced by Feeling Good? I have a hard time believing that there isn't a song you'd rather have than Feeling Good.

4. Again, you're not seeing the point of my disagreement.

Author: Feeling good is a live favorite.

Me: LOLOL I hate it live.

i don't see what's so hard about that.

1. It doesn't. its totally irrelevant to the argument we're having right now.

2. Even so, even the FG Appreciation thread has people hating on it in it. check for yourself. It lost to DARK SHINES in the song tournament, another song that is somewhat near the bottom of MOST people's Origin rankings. please don't jump on me about DS now.

3. Seriously? you have no problem whatsoever that songs like RBS are being replaced by Feeling Good? I have a hard time believing that there isn't a song you'd rather have than Feeling Good.

4. Again, you're not seeing the point of my disagreement.

Author: Feeling good is a live favorite.

Me: LOLOL I hate it live.

i don't see what's so hard about that.

Once again, what the hell are you on about?

2. Like I just said, that it is ranked near the bottom doesn't mean ANYTHING. It can be on the bottom but still be 9/10, do you get it?`

3. Why does it even matter? Of course there are songs I would rather hear, but what does that have to do with anything? I have no problem with it being played live, and saying that I would rather hear RBS doesn't mean I don't like FG.

4. But then it isn't a disagreement. Do you even know what the word means?

You are disagreeing with the general opinion of the song, not the statement of the author.

Once again, what the hell are you on about?

2. Like I just said, that it is ranked near the bottom doesn't mean ANYTHING. It can be on the bottom but still be 9/10, do you get it?`

3. Why does it even matter? Of course there are songs I would rather hear, but what does that have to do with anything? I have no problem with it being played live, and saying that I would rather hear RBS doesn't mean I don't like FG.

4. But then it isn't a disagreement. Do you even know what the word means?

You are disagreeing with the general opinion of the song, not the statement of the author.

Personal insults? are we running out of things to say here?

2. I understand. but its NOT 9/10 or even 8 or 7/10 for most people. So there's that point gone for you.

3. I've seen you diss Feeling Good plenty of times.

4. Again with the personal insults. It's hard to carry on in a civilized manner when you make backhanded jabs like that. I'm going to spell it out for you:

Author: Many people like Feeling Good live.

Me: LOLOL I don't.

if you like, I can call myself an EXCEPTION instead of saying I am disagreeing with him. Is that precise enough for you?

Personal insults? are we running out of things to say here?

2. I understand. but its NOT 9/10 or even 8 or 7/10 for most people. So there's that point gone for you.

3. I've seen you diss Feeling Good plenty of times.

4. Again with the personal insults. It's hard to carry on in a civilized manner when you make backhanded jabs like that. I'm going to spell it out for you:

Author: Many people like Feeling Good live.

Me: LOLOL I don't.

if you like, I can call myself an EXCEPTION instead of saying I am disagreeing with him. Is that precise enough for you?

I responded to all of your points, why would I be running out of things to say? :p

2. And once again, how do you know this? Most ratings on that page ARE 7 or more, or no ratings at all. So how do you gain this knowledge. And since you seemed to think that I didn't like it, isn't it possible that you have also mistaken other people?

3. To it being played all the time just like many other songs, meaning the complains is about the lack of variety. I really like Feeling Good. Or maybe you can prove me wrong on that one?

4. It's also hard to carry on a simple discussion when you keep making statements that I have already proven wrong or unrelated to the discussion, like "Even so, even the FG Appreciation thread has people hating on it in it. check for yourself. It lost to DARK SHINES in the song tournament, another song that is somewhat near the bottom of MOST people's Origin rankings. ", I'm just getting really bored of repeating myself.

Yes, that is very clear. But now, I was the one who started by saying that it wasn't a disagreement(which you never said it was, read the post I made about it and it will become clear) and you disagreed(getting out of hand!), so it's not a case of you using the wrong word.

I quote: "Now take out shitty New Born, Feeling Good & Plug In Baby, and give me City of Delusion, Hoodoo and B&H :awesome:"

Hmm...yeaaah. I guess I have to start disliking all of those songs now, such a shame :(

I responded to all of your points, why would I be running out of things to say? :p

2. And once again, how do you know this? Most ratings on that page ARE 7 or more, or no ratings at all. So how do you gain this knowledge. And since you seemed to think that I didn't like it, isn't it possible that you have also mistaken other people?

3. To it being played all the time just like many other songs, meaning the complains is about the lack of variety. I really like Feeling Good. Or maybe you can prove me wrong on that one?

4. It's also hard to carry on a simple discussion when you keep making statements that I have already proven wrong or unrelated to the discussion, like "Even so, even the FG Appreciation thread has people hating on it in it. check for yourself. It lost to DARK SHINES in the song tournament, another song that is somewhat near the bottom of MOST people's Origin rankings. ", I'm just getting really bored of repeating myself.

Yes, that is very clear. But now, I was the one who started by saying that it wasn't a disagreement(which you never said it was, read the post I made about it and it will become clear) and you disagreed(getting out of hand!), so it's not a case of you using the wrong word.

Congrats. you win. I'm tired of arguing about something as pointless as this. Douche.

Boring.

It got a bit out of hand though. I still have no idea why you would assume that so many people dislike Feeling Good though. It gets great reactions at the concerts, and most people who have rated it here gave it at least 7/10. All this Feeling Good hatred is so exaggerated. It's like 5-10 people who repeat it a lot and then others that join in just because they're tired of it. And then there's the standing joke about FG being shit.

I still find it funny :(

Boring.

It got a bit out of hand though. I still have no idea why you would assume that so many people dislike Feeling Good though. It gets great reactions at the concerts, and most people who have rated it here gave it at least 7/10. All this Feeling Good hatred is so exaggerated. It's like 5-10 who repeat it a lot and then others that join in just because they're tired of it. And then there's the standing joke about FG being shit.

I still find it funny :(

no kidding. whatever, you made your points and proved me wrong. but I'm done now.

I still have no idea why you would assume that so many people dislike Feeling Good though. It gets great reactions at the concerts, and most people who have rated it here gave it at least 7/10. All this Feeling Good hatred is so exaggerated. It's like 5-10 people who repeat it a lot and then others that join in just because they're tired of it. And then there's the standing joke about FG being shit.

Well I've come to find as well that a lot of people dislike FG, but then again, I'm sure a lot of people love it. I will admit, it's a fun song live, probably why it appeals to most crowds, but it's not one of my favorite songs musically and that's what a majority seems to think. However, the main reason probably people hate it so much is because of the fact it's overplayed.

What is your definition of a Muser? I'd say casual fans don't count.

I get what you're saying, but I know quite a few people whom I would call Musers that refuse to post here because they think it's a cesspool of wank or something, and others that just can't be bothered, but are definitely much more than casual fans. At least, that's how I first understood Sippe's post…

as for FG I have no problem admitting that I like the song. It's more the fact that it's overplayed than anything else that bothers me, kinda like how they almost never close with anything other than KoC these days. I still think KoC is a work of genius but it's not as fun anymore.

For me, a muser has always been the name for a muse fan. But apparently not everyone agrees with that :p

I always thought of Muser as a more extreme form a fan, if you will, that has Muse almost constantly on the mind.

Archived