Is it better to get those or the 3 day? I don't know the time slots for each band so I can't base it off that but also waiting means the prices will go up.

The time slots don't come out until right before the festival. And what do you mean by "better"? That depends on you...do you want to see lots of bands or just Muse?

The time slots don't come out until right before the festival. And what do you mean by "better"? That depends on you...do you want to see lots of bands or just Muse?

Well I do want to see a lot of the bands from the line up, so I guess the 3 day would be best

i'm new to this whole festival thing as well. this will be my first festival if i go. how likely is it that they'll release one-day passes? i can't do 3-day because the friends i'm going with start school the monday after the weekend and they can't stay for the third day. and i'm really only interested in seeing muse. help? :)

It looks like tickets will be sold on Ticketmaster, so remember to be logged in. (not lethal if you aren't logged in, just saves you some time) Also be prepared to pay lots of fun "convenience" fees, because TM tends to tack on more than other ticket outlets. I doubt it will be anywhere near the extra $51 in fees they charged me for a Coachella pass, fortunately. :p

My view on single vs. 3-day passes is that if you're traveling a decent distance to get there, you may as well make the most out of your time away from home and stay for all of it unless lodging costs are overly demanding for you. And even if you're close by, don't take the experience for granted.

You purchased 1 ticket to:

Outside Lands Festival - 3 Day Ticket

Golden Gate Park Outside Lands Festival, San Francisco, CA

Fri, Aug 12, 2011 - Sun, Aug 14, 2011

Order for: ######

Seat location: section GA

Total Charge: US $ 199.50

hooray

Change me from a maybe to a definite.

Pissed off that I couldn't get a $175 or $185 ticket. I know there are some jerks out there buying up the less expensive tickets that are going to turn around and scalp them later, and that's what really pisses me off. I had to pay full price + convenience charge (what convenience?) + delivery, but whatever - I got my ticket and I'm going and I'm going to have as good a time as humanly possible.

Still undecided whether to drive or public transit, but I don't think they're going to sell out of parking passes today.

Hey guys, long time no see!

So basically I missed out the 3-day pass special for $175, and with my budget I cannot afford the $199 dollar passs at the moment

That said, I WILL buy a ticket at some point! Hopefully they don't sell out, otherwise, Musebay here I go!

Got my tickets! Super excited :awesome:

If I do end up getting in for free, I have 2 tickets to sell to whoever at the cheaper price. Mine came out to be $200 per ticket with fees.

You fool. You've awoken the mel. Give her some fresh fruit and tell her you like to see all the bands before she keeeeels youuu

Hey, what can I say? Closed-mindedness pisses me off. People who buy multi-day festival tickets to see only one band and don't give the other bands a chance are right up there with scalpers to me.

Noice. $24.50 convenience fee can kiss my ass. What convenience?

Seriously, ticketmaster can suck it.

Change me from a maybe to a definite.

Pissed off that I couldn't get a $175 or $185 ticket. I know there are some jerks out there buying up the less expensive tickets that are going to turn around and scalp them later, and that's what really pisses me off. I had to pay full price + convenience charge (what convenience?) + delivery, but whatever - I got my ticket and I'm going and I'm going to have as good a time as humanly possible.

Still undecided whether to drive or public transit, but I don't think they're going to sell out of parking passes today.

Yaaaaaaaaaay! I can't wait to see you there! :happy:

^ Excellent, you'll have a blast! :awesome: (And you'll be hooked for life and your life's savings will never be safe again. Heck, start working multiple jobs right now. :p)

But yeah, I got mine too. Luckily I got the $175 (minus fees) one. Can't wait to see you guys there. Back-to-back weekends of awesomeness!

Archived