Haven't seen live:

Beirut

Sia

Best Coast

STRFKR

Toro Y Moi

Wye Oak

Tamaryn

I do not recommend Deadmau5 and MGMT. I found both highly boring when I saw them.

Plenty to keep you busy!

Not to be mean or anything, but you should probably wait. There are a lot of people who want to see many of the bands at the festival, and it's a bit unfair if you're only going for one band and you're taking a ticket that someone else really wants. But it's up to you obviously.

I'm attending! Please add me to the list! Thanks.. :)

Heh, nice one Haley. You should start rumors of Muse playing in your backyard. ;)

I do consider GG park my backyard! :chuckle:

I noticed the $140 parking pass. Eep. Then again, it's San Francisco, the notorious promoter of "public transit or face the guillotine". Start researching BART routes.

BART doesn't go to GG park. Take the N-Judah MUNI train from downtown. The bus takes FOREVER, especially when there's a festival on. And don't count on the bus at all after the festival 'cause they're gonna be packed and the buses won't even stop at their regular stops because of it. I experienced that last year at another GG Park festival with the #5 bus that runs on Fulton.

You guys think they'll start selling one day tickets at some point?

Someone emailed them about that and they wrote back that if there's availability left over after selling the three day passes, they will sell day tickets. I wouldn't chance it.. At the same time, I know in the past there were day tickets for this...

Ranger Dave tweeted tonight that he's gonna be making public appearances in the city soon to give away free tix! I'm glad I live in SF! I will try for those as well, for sure! ;)

Also, you guys, remember: It is really cold in GG park at night (heck, sometimes in the daytime too..:rolleyes:) and at that time of year it can be windy and foggy too, so bundle up!

Welcome to the Bay! :) :) :)

Again, I see a lot of you posting that you're only interested in seeing Muse...please, give the other bands a listen :( To be honest it's a bit ridiculous to be paying $175 only to see a 90 minute set from a band you've seen before :erm: You might as well get familiar with the other acts.

Melon, I'm sure people are going to see loads of different bands. This is a muse board so of course people are going to be raving about seeing muse. It doesn't mean they won't appreciate the rest of the music on offer over the weekend.

Have a great time everyone :D

Yes, but wouldn't you be upset if OSL had your dream lineup of bands, and you didn't get a ticket because someone else wanted to see one band? Furthermore, it's a three day event...I understand wanting to see Muse, but I can't help but feel bad for those who aren't going to get tickets because this event is inevitably going to sell out.

Not to be mean or anything, but you should probably wait. There are a lot of people who want to see many of the bands at the festival, and it's a bit unfair if you're only going for one band and you're taking a ticket that someone else really wants. But it's up to you obviously.

I get your point, but I've never had the chance to see muse before, so this would be my first gig, it's extremely important to me :) and I can't really stick around the weekend to see other bands (apart from ones playing on Saturday, whoever that may be) because I have school and such. It's mainly just a money issue for me.

I get your point, but I've never had the chance to see muse before, so this would be my first gig, it's extremely important to me :) and I can't really stick around the weekend to see other bands (apart from ones playing on Saturday, whoever that may be) because I have school and such. It's mainly just a money issue for me.

I understand :) Well I will let you know if I hear anything about single day passes, but until then you may want to get a three day pass if you can afford it. You can always sell it later if single day passes become available.

I understand :) Well I will let you know if I hear anything about single day passes, but until then you may want to get a three day pass if you can afford it. You can always sell it later if single day passes become available.

Hey, good idea! And you've convinced me to check out some of the other bands on Saturday, even though I'm very picky... :)

I'm getting really excited now...

Haley, how excited are you?! :awesome: Happy Birthday, LOL

Excited! It might be a smaller festival, and while it doesn't have a lot of acts, it definitely pushes my buttons! Like I saw Foster the People and Grouplove tonight, they're rad. The Vaccines were one of my favorites at SXSW. Muse + Arcade Fire = heaven. Phish... will mean I get to see someone else cool that night without conflict. :LOL: Who else? Major Lazer *coughcough* I've really been wanting to see. :$ Have heard a lot of good things about STRFKR (Starfucker, fyi)... and with Big Boi you'll get at least one Outkast song. And *cough* I kind of want to see John Fogerty... :$

Also, I wouldn't worry so much about it selling out. They'll warn us if tickets are getting low, but I don't think it sold out last year. I'm pretty sure the park has a high capacity so they're willing to sell a LOT of tickets. And it's a smaller fest, not a destination fest, so less demand.

Hey, good idea! And you've convinced me to check out some of the other bands on Saturday, even though I'm very picky... :)

I'm getting really excited now...

Oh good :happy: It can't hurt to try!

Me too :awesome:

Excited! It might be a smaller festival, and while it doesn't have a lot of acts, it definitely pushes my buttons! Like I saw Foster the People and Grouplove tonight, they're rad. The Vaccines were one of my favorites at SXSW. Muse + Arcade Fire = heaven. Phish... will mean I get to see someone else cool that night without conflict. :LOL: Who else? Major Lazer *coughcough* I've really been wanting to see. :$ Have heard a lot of good things about STRFKR (Starfucker, fyi)... and with Big Boi you'll get at least one Outkast song. And *cough* I kind of want to see John Fogerty... :$

Also, I wouldn't worry so much about it selling out. They'll warn us if tickets are getting low, but I don't think it sold out last year. I'm pretty sure the park has a high capacity so they're willing to sell a LOT of tickets. And it's a smaller fest, not a destination fest, so less demand.

Smaller is sometimes better! Yeah I'm super excited for Foster The People, they sold out LA remember? :LOL: The Vaccines - "break up sex" hahahaha. Muse and AF obvs = <3, and I haven't really listened to Phish. They have like 14 albums though :erm: Not sure I want to even try. Haven't heard anything from Major Lazer, and I've heard good things about STRFKR too :) Haven't listened to Big Boi yet, or Jofn Fogerty.

But last year, Muse and Arcade Fire weren't the headliners :chuckle: I would be shocked if it doesn't sell out.

That was just the tip of the iceberg, plenty of other good acts there too, like Little Dragon. I guess the lead singer of Foster is psyched, he LOVES Little Dragon. He told me today he saw them at Coachella and how absolutely amazing it was, etc. etc. Such a fanboy. :chuckle: John Fogerty is of Creedance Clearwater Revival. Also, my cousin is a Phish phan... I'm just gonna leave that be...

Phish fans are legion, though, and they travel for shows...they're basically the leftover Deadheads...I was a Deadhead, so........anyway, yes, I would get tickets now and not wait.... ;)

And yes, dear, we will all be checking out the other bands besides Muse....:rolleyes: ...as well as checking out the incredible food and wine offered at this event, as well as enjoying the beautiful surroundings of Golden Gate Park. I've been coming to this park for over 20 years to enjoy concerts and festivals, it's a magical place! :happy:

A little more SF info, and then that's all I have to say about it:

For those who need one, there's another more reasonably priced hotel called the Carl, in Cole Valley, near the edge of GG park, on the N-Judah line and near the Haight. It's way closer to the park than the Nikko, and less expensive.

Public transit sites:

http://www.bart.gov - BART comes right into SFO for those flying to SF

http://www.sfmta.com - MUNI site with bus and light rail schedules

http://www.nextbus.com - let's you know in real time when the next bus is due to arrive at whatever stop you select, will update you on delays

My favorite version of the MUNI real time schedule, though, is: http://howfuckedismuni.com/

The title gives you an idea of the reality of getting around on public transit here... :p

Good luck! :)

^ Thanks for all the info! :)

I may or may not end up checking out Best Coast this weekend at Coachella (conflicts pending). If I do, I'll give you all a report on her live set.

And yeah, I enjoy MGMT and all, but I have not heard one good thing about their live show.

And yeah, I enjoy MGMT and all, but I have not heard one good thing about their live show.

MGMT suxxxx dude. I left after 30 minutes at Lolla, best decision of that weekend.

If anyone is interested in including me in hotel or hostel proceedings, lemme know, shoot me a PM, whatever! :D

Archived