^That's brilliant, never heard him do that at the end of a show before!

I was there... but "never heard him do what" before? LOL. EDIT: oh, I see, that Ian Gillan scream at the end - that was special. And what did he say before: just Thank you San Francisco??

We were like 7 rows behind barrier... when the fog invasion got going we couldn't see ANYTHING for like 30 seconds!

Quick impressions from last night:

Matt was pulling off a lot of 'rock god playing for big crowd moves'. I felt he (I said he specifically because Chris and Don are pretty consistent across gigs) put a lot of energy into putting on a good show for everyone. I felt there was not so much interplay with Don and Chris as reported in other gigs. Matt did knee slides/knee drops more and played for a while on his knees in one song. Don did look at him with amusement then.

Great to hear CE but experience was tampered with by non fans / casual fans not realizing the greatness of the moment! A couple left from the front rows during the song - who does that!!! And a couple of crowd surfers too during CE. There were at least a dozen surfers - most were asking to be taken out.

Matt also called us Ahh-Some! He threw Dom's sticks to people on his side at the end.

Who got Chris harmonica and a big smile?

At the end of PIB, Mat came to our side, stage edge, and did a little solo without the pick (had it between his lips) That was nice. Otherwise all night long I was straining to see him through a jungle of tall people and long arms. (And when he's on his knees only barrier people could see him LOL.)

All in all pretty great show and my first mosh pit (lots of other petite girls around us said this was also there first! Things we brave for our favorite band!) Pretty good crowd though I'd say majority are fans who've heard TR or the singles before.

Mayor came on before the show and said 180,000 attend over 3 days, so say 60,000 on Sat. Maybe a majority was at the main stage - 45,000 - 50,000? Definitely the biggest crowd Muse has played for in SF!

Matt also called us Ahh-Some! He threw Dom's sticks to people on his side at the end.

Who got Chris harmonica and a big smile?

A Muser nearby me got the sticks, she held a poster up asking for them. Also saw someone nearby with a Chris harmonica sign!

Oh, and Dom said in his understated Dom way "we're going to play an old song now" - and that was the intro to CE. Only like 30 boardees knew what it meant, haha.

I thought that was Matt?!?!?

Oh, and Dom said in his understated Dom way "we're going to play an old song now" - and that was the intro to CE. Only like 30 boardees knew what it meant, haha.

Good round up of the show :). What was the response from the crowd like? Did you hear anyone commenting "This is amazing" or anything?

As soon as I heard that I knew what it meant. My head shot up (tweeting the gig) and saw Matt with the 7 string :awesome:

Amazing concert, finally got to see B+H and CE after so long. I have to say out of all the concerts I've been too, this was probably the most annoying crowd. This is the first time I was left in pain just waiting for a band to come on (unnecessary pushing) rather than having fun in the pit during the set. Plus as some others have said they were annoying during Muse. I was glad I seemed to have been with a few people who were somewhat fans. :happy:

I had the Space Dementia sign done, but I got pushed back just too far (a few rows only but even that's to far when you're on a lit stage) so I didn't get to hold it up. I knew people who were further up but they wouldn't turn around to take the sign. I don't mind much, the set wasn't too bad.

Lastly, I did see one person from school. I thought I may have finally found someone who knew Muse from my school but she left after the Black Keys. Forever alone as a muser :supersad:. Sucks I didn't get to meet any boardies due to arriving late.

I lol'ed when some Black Keys fans were screaming "MUSE IS SATANIC DEVIL MUSIC" as they were exiting. More room for me. :LOL:

So last night was absolutely amazing! It was a huge step up from my first gig, which was in Sacramento. I'm so happy I was so much closer to the stage and heard so many songs I wanted to hear this time. I almost got smushed by a crowd surfer, though.

Great to hear CE but experience was tampered with by non fans / casual fans not realizing the greatness of the moment! A couple left from the front rows during the song - who does that!!! And a couple of crowd surfers too during CE. There were at least a dozen surfers - most were asking to be taken out.

Yeah, this guy next to me was like: "Is this off Origin of Symmetry? What's the name of it??" and his friend said something like "Uhhh no it's not. And I don't know."

"...So this song is nonexistent??"

Then when Matt went to the piano at the end of the song he asked his friend "Is this the same song??" His friend said

"No." :facepalm:

EDIT: Just saw this on Tumblr.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb141/omgfluffypandas/Traveling/Untitled.png

Oh god haha

I lol'ed when some Black Keys fans were screaming "MUSE IS SATANIC DEVIL MUSIC" as they were exiting. More room for me. :LOL:

So last night was absolutely amazing! It was a huge step up from my first gig, which was in Sacramento. I'm so happy I was so much closer to the stage and heard so many songs I wanted to hear this time. I almost got smushed by a crowd surfer, though.

Yeah, this guy next to me was like: "Is this off Origin of Symmetry? What's the name of it??" and his friend said something like "Uhhh no it's not. And I don't know."

Then when Matt went to the piano at the end of the song he asked his friend "Is this the same song??" His friend said

:facepalm:

I did overhear someone on the barrier talking about how Guiding Light was their best song (joking), and it was pretty funny to overhear the conversation. Also, I've never heard people chant for an encore at a Muse concert. Either they know Muse are coming back or the break is so short no one can chant.

Good show last night. I was pretty torn down and about left during gl, wow that song is cheesy, but real good seeing ce again.

Crowd wasn't that into it but it was a weird crowd. Good event.

I'll be back at wine lands at 3 getting yucky with the boys if ya.ll wanna say hey. Brown

Actually in that crowd, asking if the song is from OOS is already considered knowledgeable. My crowd enjoyed it, but just didn't realize how special it is to US fans.

You can't even make up spoof as good as this. This had me LOL. But Matt has seasoned fans mishearing things like 'we're hungry for some onions' so blame Matt.

Good round up of the show :). What was the response from the crowd like? Did you hear anyone commenting "This is amazing" or anything?

Didn't hear any comments specifically (ears blasted out anyway since we were right underneath speakers) but it looked like everyone in the front 50 rows anyway had a blast. Pretty great crowd energy and sing-a-longs to TIRO and Starlight.

Their visuals really blast everyone away too. Great job Tom and crew!

Didn't hear any comments specifically (ears blasted out anyway since we were right underneath speakers) but it looked like everyone in the front 50 rows anyway had a blast. Pretty great crowd energy and sing-a-longs to TIRO and Starlight.

Their visuals really blast everyone away too. Great job Tom and crew!

bunch of asshats behind me ruined CE completely. if i bother to upload the bootleg you will be mind boggled how pathetic some people are. they left right after CEthough, so the rest of the gig was not as bad. definitely plenty of GREAT fans there, but it sucks how one person or one group can ruin it.

bunch of asshats behind me ruined CE completely. if i bother to upload the bootleg you will be mind boggled how pathetic some people are. they left right after CEthough, so the rest of the gig was not as bad. definitely plenty of GREAT fans there, but it sucks how one person or one group can ruin it.

That's heartbreaking! Hope karma catches up with those guys. At least you had a perfect recording early in Indy.

There were a bunch of shirtless rowdy guys shoving each other in their little 10 foot circle. Thank God they left before Muse started, or at least went further back.

EDIT: photo of crowd yesterday waiting for Muse

OSLCrowd.thumb.jpg.3509858245931dae73f03f3706799fca.jpg

Hey guys. What a great show last night. I showed up late yesterday, about middle of arctic set, but managed to get to the barrier by the time muse came on, was far left on matt's side. Got one cool pic with the keytar. People were mellow where I was. Met a couple other muse fans. It twas good times. Black keys were pretty awesome as well.

That's heartbreaking! Hope karma catches up with those guys. At least you had a perfect recording early in Indy.

There were a bunch of shirtless rowdy guys shoving each other in their little 10 foot circle. Thank God they left before Muse started, or at least went further back.

EDIT: photo of crowd yesterday waiting for Muse

Yeah. A part of me is just angry with myself, because for the black keys i was back a bit, but right under speakers and it sounded great. I went AGAINST MY GUT FEELING and moved way up for Muse. Wasn't nearly as loud, could barely see, and had these clowns around me. If I had stayed by those speakers I would have seen everything since they were barricaded.

I just got home. I'm so freaking happy! Nothing can dampen my mood.

I had a VIP Saturday only ticket (I originally got a 3 day, could only make it on Saturday, so switched it for a day VIP since they were the same price). I got to the park around 2:30, and went to the VIP area at the main stage. I managed to grab a spot on the barrier! I stayed there from OK Go to the end of Muse. I couldn't believe my luck, ahh!

I even met a muser! :) She's not on the boards, but she saw my OoS nails and we started chatting. She saw Muse 4 times in a row this year (including Staples Center night 1 and L.A. Rising, which I went to both) and saw them back in 2003! She was the first person I'd met who knew all of their albums and their b-sides. :happy:

OK Go were nice to watch. It was really cool to see their lead singer play in the crowd.

I loved Arctic Monkeys too! Alex Turner's very handsome. :$

In between Arctic Monkeys and The Black Keys, Tom walked right by me! :eek: I yelled his name, and when he looked, I smiled and waved like an idiot, but he was sweet and smiled and waved back. I went a bit fangirly after that. :facepalm: He's very handsome irl.

I really liked The Black Keys, too. They had 3 solid bands right before Muse, which I loved.

I spent the entire time when they were prepping for Muse looking for the darn 7-string. I just wanted to hear CE sooo badly. The only guitars I saw were the glitterati and his black guitar (I don't know it's name :$). But I didn't see the keytar or the silver one he uses for PiB, so I still had hope... but no expectations.

I was very happy they opened with sirens. I was hoping to see that opening at some point. The boys were so energetic and into the performance, especially Matt. During the last chorus of Uprising when he sings "they will not controooool us," during the "ooo" in "control", he made this hilarious noise (hard to describe), but he was whipping his head back and forth when he dragged out the "ooo", it sounded so funny. Hopefully someone caught it on video.

I went all fangirly again when Matt came over to Chris's side of the stage (closer to our section) and did his guitar solo during Hysteria. He is one sexy man. :$

Of course, I went crazy for Map and Butterflies. Those are so amazing live. Very happy to hear them more than once. I was so excited to hear all the people around me singing to all the songs, especially Butterflies! It was such a different experience being on the barrier rather than in seats. So much more energy. I loved it.

I went insane after Guiding Light when I saw the 7-string. Oh my gosh. I can't even express the happiness I was feeling. I didn't even realize Matt had said "this song's off an old album" until my mom mentioned it to me this morning. I bet I was too busy screaming "CITIZEN! CITIZEN FREAKING ERASED!!" I just lost it when he played the beginning riff. Just... oh my gosh. I was so happy. I still am. I kept yelling "THANK YOU!" through the song for some reason, thinking they would hear me. :chuckle: I wanted them to know that it meant a lot that they were playing it.

The rest of the show was incredible. They were so energetic. I kept thinking I met all of their gazes throughout the show. It made me fangirl all over again. :$ I was just so stoked to be so close to them. So surreal. The crowd all around me always sang along to the songs, especially during HOtRS/Starlight/PiB when Matt lets the crowd sing.

For me, it was the best setlist, best view, best experience, best energy, best CONCERT I've seen from them. Everything was just perfect. I still can't believe it happened.

It makes me so sad hearing from other people that the crowd in the main pit was lame. :( It was really good where I was in the VIP area, much more tame (they weren't pushing at all, I never got crushed against the barrier). I'm sorry it wasn't as good for you guys. :(

Highlights:

- Being on the barrier for the first time (it wasn't the ACTUAL barrier, I realize, as in queing since the morning in the main pit, but nevertheless, it was A barrier).

- Getting a wave/smile from Tom and having him mere feet from me!

- The crowd's energy around me (at least in the particular area I was in).

- Meeting a proper Muser. :happy:

- CE. CE. CE. CE. CE. Everything about CE.

- Hearing the crowd sing so loudly, especially during B&H.

So sorry for the long post! I wanted to get as much detail in as possible.

It makes me so sad hearing from other people that the crowd in the main pit was lame. :( It was really good where I was in the VIP area, much more tame (they weren't pushing at all, I never got crushed against the barrier). I'm sorry it wasn't as good for you guys. :(

I didn't really mind once Muse came on. Anyways, the worst of the crushing crowds and asshole-ish people for me was during the Black Keys and waiting for Muse. After Uprising it really calmed down and most people had a blast (of course there were still a few negatives, like wewanthecup's story).

The second "Best" in B&H when Matt throws his hand up after the drum fill is pretty much my favorite moment in the whole Muse discography, and I've waited years to see that moment live. Needless to say I think being there was still well worth it to see Muse.

I didn't really mind once Muse came on. Anyways, the worst of the crushing crowds and asshole-ish people for me was during the Black Keys and waiting for Muse. After Uprising it really calmed down and most people had a blast (of course there were still a few negatives, like wewanthecup's story).

That's good that it got better during Muse. :happy:

The second "Best" in B&H when Matt throws his hand up after the drum fill is pretty much my favorite moment in the whole Muse discography, and I've waited years to see that moment live. Needless to say I think being there was still well worth it to see Muse.

:yesey: It's really the best part of the song live.

I didn't know about Black Keys before, and still don't like their type of music, but they were SO GOOD live that I will spend time getting to know their stuff. They were so into their music that it was simply contagious. But I'll remember to stay away from their segment of rough fans if I ever see them again!

What to say about last night?

Well, to start things off, it was awesome. I feel it was worth the pain I'm felling right now.

I was on the main barrier, on the left side. I managed to get a spot more centrally located and not in front of any lasers or video screens like at L.A. Rising. The part of the barrier I was on was full of Musers, A lot were hardcore, but there were a few n00blets as well. The girl on my left saw Muse in '09 at Not So Silent Night in Oakland, but somehow missed their Resistance Tour, so the festival was only her second time seeing them. She had a group of friends with her who were all Muse live virgins, but had done their homework on the band. I guess this is the time to mention here that apparently she had informed her friends that they would be playing through all of Origin at OSL. When I politely informed them that that was only for England, they all turned on her and started deferring to me for Muse information. :chuckle:

I'm not going to say much about the other bands, except that from OK Go onwards the crowd got unnecessarily rough. It was a bitch being at the barrier. I know for a fact that from the first act to Muse, I was moved along the barrier towards my right. I know this had to have sucked for my fellow Musers on barrier at my right, but it moved me a few inches more central, which gave me a great spot for the band.

What can I say about Muse that hasn't been said already? I guess the one thing I can say is that they earned the restoration of my faith in them to be kick ass. While I'm sure some will bitch that this was just the Lolla set transposed to S.F., I don't really give a shit. The show was excellent and all the songs sounded good, Yes, even GL was tolerable and it really isn't that bad live. It is much more enjoyable in person than on the album.

Citizen fucking Erased! I finally got to hear CE live and I freaked the fuck out. I was looking for the 7 string during the set up, but didn't see it, which lead to a little bit of a pre-Muse depression because I thought that I wouldn't get to hear it, yet again, before R/L. After GL, when they brought out the guitar, I just shouted out "CITIZEN ERASED!!" and "OH MY GOD! CITIZEN ERASED!!" before they started playing. I was in front of Matt and I don't know if he heard me, but I swear I saw a little bit of a smile cross his lips.

My voice was going at this point, but I guess the spirit of the song possessed me, because I was singing along with it and freaking the fuck out. It was PERFECT. The sound was perfect, and Matt played it perfect. All of the little bits of guitar work that I love on the album were there, and it was just pure magic. When it got to the slow part before the end, the tears started coming. When Matt played the outro on the piano, they just came full on, and by the end of the song, I was crying so hard that a little bit of snot was starting to run out of my nose. I was in a state of pure happiness throughout the rest of the show and leaving the park. The hell of waiting at the barrier and being bumped and bruised was made worth it because of that one song. :happy::happy:

Other things about last night:

- I finally got to see the man, the myth: Tom Kirk. When Black Keys were going, a guy with a little bit of beard stubble and shades walked in front of me. He looked like Tom but I wasn't quite sure, and I turned to the Muser on my right and said "I think that was Kirk" and she said "Yeah, I think it was too". Before Muse came on, this same guy walked in front of me, this time without the sunglasses and it was him. I shouted out "Hey Tom!" and he turned, saw me, pointed and said "Hey!" and kept on walking.

- During MotP, Matt clearly said "I can't get it right since I lost you" during the second pre-chorus. This was my third time seeing the song live and it was the first time I've heard him sing it that way live.

- The way the stage was set up and the barrier placed, this was the closest I have ever been to the band. I think it was closer than L.A. Rising, and that was closer than Sacramento. They were performing just inches from me. The only way I could have been closer to them is if they were performing in my living room. I know that I made eye contact with Matt and I'll swear that at some moments he pointed at me. It was awesome.

- When leaving the park, some people said "we saw you on the screen". Apparently, I was so busy freaking the fuck out and having a great time, that I was on the giant screen and didn't even notice.

- I also just missed out on getting one of the setlists and one of the guitar picks that Matt threw into the crowd. The sets went the people further right of me along the barrier, and the security guy gave one of the picks to the girl on my left (the n00blet I mentioned earlier). I guess you have to have tits to get Muse swag. Moobs don't count. :chuckle:

All in all, I had a great time. It was nice getting to hang out with fellow boardies for part of the day on Friday and getting to meet up with them pre and post show. I have to say that Musers are some of the nicest people I've ever had the fortune to meet. I can't wait to see some them again in England in a little under two weeks. :happy:

Between Muse last night, and Phish on Friday, I got my $200 worth. :D

What to say about last night?

- I finally got to see the man, the myth: Tom Kirk. When Black Keys were going, a guy with a little bit of beard stubble and shades walked in front of me. He looked like Tom but I wasn't quite sure, and I turned to the Muser on my right and said "I think that was Kirk" and she said "Yeah, I think it was too". Before Muse came on, this same guy walked in front of me, this time without the sunglasses and it was him. I shouted out "Hey Tom!" and he turned, saw me, pointed and said "Hey!" and kept on walking.

I saw Tom too! It was during the Black Keys and I was a little farther back next to the soundbooth. At first I kept staring, because I wasn't really sure if it was him. I was too shy to call out to him :$

But eventually he saw me staring and he gave a little smile. :happy: Totally made my day.

I kinda wish I had gotten barrier. Sure it would've been rough, but I at least being able to hold onto something would keep me from getting pushed away. I'll go for it next time Muse plays in the area in a few years. At least I know for their main concerts the crowd's aren't so rough.

Muse should have started the set late, not on time. Guiding Light killed it.......that's not a good number to do live. They could have easily fit in 22 songs if they only would stop with all the stupid interludes and stupid jam after each song.......

the crowd at 50 yards from the stage was so so. some were true fans, some were just there just to be there.

highlight of the show? a large number of hot chicks smoking pot.

Archived