My son 5 years at Muse gig

Hahlford

Hi

Me and my son learned that Muse is playing in our home city St. Petersburg in May, and we would naturally both of us like to go to the concert. We would book tickets somewhere in the back and wear ear protection. But I was wondering about the show? Is the show ok for a 5 year old, or does it include violent/sex visuals or something in that direction not really suitable?

Thanks in advance

Hi

Me and my son learned that Muse is playing in our home city St. Petersburg in May, and we would naturally both of us like to go to the concert. We would book tickets somewhere in the back and wear ear protection. But I was wondering about the show? Is the show ok for a 5 year old, or does it include violent/sex visuals or something in that direction not really suitable?

Thanks in advance

As long as you stay in the back and not bringing him with you into the moshpits, I'm sure it'll be ok. :p The sound might be a bit loud, you could bring alot ear-plugs, headphones or something maybe. And it's good you start early showing him what real music sounds like :D

Hi

Thanks in advance

Yes the show is suitable for a five-year-old. I'd take my two boys (aged 8 and 6) if we could get seated tickets.

I took my daughter to her 1st Muse gig when she was 4 and 1/2 :D it was the LCCC gig last September, outdoor, but we did have seats.

She loved every minute of it, definately take your son. We customised Eva's ear defenders with Muse stickers to make her more likely to wear them :happy:

Hi

Thanks in advance

There's nothing inappropriate, Dom might say the impromptu f-word every couple of gigs but nothing else. I went to an Arena gig at Sydney late last year, it was very loud but it doesn't hurt your ears, but they'll be ringing for a couple of days (I was really close to the stage in the mosh pit), if you are seated it won't be as fun but your ears won't ring as much (probably).

There's nothing inappropriate, Dom might say the impromptu f-word every couple of gigs but nothing else. I went to an Arena gig at Sydney late last year, it was very loud but it doesn't hurt your ears, but they'll be ringing for a couple of days (I was really close to the stage in the mosh pit), if you are seated it won't be as fun but your ears won't ring as much (probably).

I was the same. I was in a seat and you can "feel" the sound around you but afterwards my ears recovered pretty quickly. But for a child, I'd probably bring earplugs because I know that I hated loud noises as a kid, still do. But hey, it is Muse and I'm a bit of a wuss anyway.

No sexually explicit vids in a muse show :noey:

Though loads of guitar sex.

Yep. :chuckle:

Ok, excellent. My son is a huge Muse fan and he is proudly wearing all kinds of Muse apparel I bought for him. So off we go to the concert, with earplugs etc.

Thanks for all help !

Yay! :happy: Have fun! I'm sure he'll love it.

It was very loud but it doesn't hurt your ears, but they'll be ringing for a couple of days.

Dur - if they're ringing or you don't hear properly after a gig, then they're hurt. The damage is cumulative, and experiences like this all take their toll.

+1 for earplugs for kids. As well as protecting their hearing, they may actually *hate* it being that loud - while loving the actual music.

The other interesting thing is that kids can often find a full length gig quite boring as it goes on for so long (their words not mine). Mine, now 12 & 14, have been to plenty of gigs with me, and I've seen them flag at some - most shockingly the RAH gig a 3 years back, believe it or not!

Dur - if they're ringing or you don't hear properly after a gig, then they're hurt. The damage is cumulative, and experiences like this all take their toll.

+1 for earplugs for kids. As well as protecting their hearing, they may actually *hate* it being that loud - while loving the actual music.

The other interesting thing is that kids can often find a full length gig quite boring as it goes on for so long (their words not mine). Mine, now 12 & 14, have been to plenty of gigs with me, and I've seen them flag at some - most shockingly the RAH gig a 3 years back, believe it or not!

My son got bored between the acts and bored before the 1st act started. He's 13. What can I say!! I brought his DS.

Archived