I've haven't really been inspired lately! I guess it's about me in a lot of ways but about anyone who is going through big changes that take courage.

I was on the train and it happened. The eagle thing is from a dream.

That is what it started with.

Hope you keep writing lovely poems you are very creative.

Thanks, babe. I just decided last week that I wasn't going to post poetry on this thread anymore. Since a lot of what I write isn't about Muse, why post it here? Just an FYI, I'm not leaving the forum. I know we've had our ups and downs, but if you need an ear, my door is open.

Keep writing too. Loved your water and leaf poem. Yoga inspired?

Thanks, babe. I just decided last week that I wasn't going to post poetry on this thread anymore. Since a lot of what I write isn't about Muse, why post it here? Just an FYI, I'm not leaving the forum. I know we've had our ups and downs, but if you need an ear, my door is open.

Keep writing too. Loved your water and leaf poem. Yoga inspired?

Thanks! I think it probably was yoga related, or meditation, one or the other.

Well it is a shame to lose your poems on the forum :(

I'm here if you need an ear too

this isnt so much a poem as it is a story about your typical 20 year old who spent way too much time on the internet when he was about 14-17.

ive seen god, but it came with a price. you cant tell me you love anything until that thing is all you have. ive heard that people are only as good as they can afford to be. how hungry do you have to be before you stop loving your wife? some people believe their dreams have meaning, and that they symbolize relavent concepts. others believe that dreams are the haphazard attempt by your unconscious brain to interpret random electrical signals from your nerves. everything that anyone has ever known can be explained by an an electrical signal, a chemical impulse.

ive seen more than anyone could ever want to see, i know more than anyone could ever want to know. ive seen family members turn their backs on one another, ive seen marriages fall apart. this isnt as uncommon as you would think nowadays, its naive to think otherwise.

ive seen people with nothing, and ive seen people with worse than nothing: hope. hope is the worst of all, because all we have is what we do. for some people, hope is all they have.

im more educated and refined than i could have ever asked for. i have unlimited information at my fingertips at any given moment. im smarter than i ever thought possible, i could build empires behind a screen. but for all of my knowledge, i have achieved nothing, and for all my achievements, i have gained no knowledge.

ive seen love, and jealousy, ive seen outrageous sexual acts, ive seen people die.

ive seen people change. except it isnt change, they are exactly what they are; it is an unveiling. ive seen brilliance dismissed as idealism, and ignorance deemed progress.

nothing is worth dying for, because life is so godamn sweet, and its all wrapped up in a little thick case, smaller than a cubic foot. everything youve ever known, from the names of your friends to the spatial logic required to read, or even walk. its all there, in some little web of organic matter. and its so fragile. so be careful, you cannot forget what youve seen, these things will stay with you and shape who you are.

this isnt so much a poem as it is a story about your typical 20 year old who spent way too much time on the internet when he was about 14-17.

ive seen god, but it came with a price. you cant tell me you love anything until that thing is all you have. ive heard that people are only as good as they can afford to be. how hungry do you have to be before you stop loving your wife? some people believe their dreams have meaning, and that they symbolize relavent concepts. others believe that dreams are the haphazard attempt by your unconscious brain to interpret random electrical signals from your nerves. everything that anyone has ever known can be explained by an an electrical signal, a chemical impulse.

ive seen more than anyone could ever want to see, i know more than anyone could ever want to know. ive seen family members turn their backs on one another, ive seen marriages fall apart. this isnt as uncommon as you would think nowadays, its naive to think otherwise.

ive seen people with nothing, and ive seen people with worse than nothing: hope. hope is the worst of all, because all we have is what we do. for some people, hope is all they have.

im more educated and refined than i could have ever asked for. i have unlimited information at my fingertips at any given moment. im smarter than i ever thought possible, i could build empires behind a screen. but for all of my knowledge, i have achieved nothing, and for all my achievements, i have gained no knowledge.

ive seen love, and jealousy, ive seen outrageous sexual acts, ive seen people die.

ive seen people change. except it isnt change, they are exactly what they are; it is an unveiling. ive seen brilliance dismissed as idealism, and ignorance deemed progress.

nothing is worth dying for, because life is so godamn sweet, and its all wrapped up in a little thick case, smaller than a cubic foot. everything youve ever known, from the names of your friends to the spatial logic required to read, or even walk. its all there, in some little web of organic matter. and its so fragile. so be careful, you cannot forget what youve seen, these things will stay with you and shape who you are.

Fucking awesome story. Love the philosophical undercurrent.

Fucking awesome story. Love the philosophical undercurrent.

thanks so much:)

my brother is a strange man. to the untrained eye, his mannerisms may go undetected, but for those who know, his malady is exceedingly apparent.

his jaw clenches when he talks. sometimes i dont think he sees any color in the world at all. he could have been perfectly fine if it had not been the world we grew up in, but this sounds ungrateful. my brother, my sister and i have all been exceedingly lucky in life; fortunate doesnt even begin to describe it. but how much can you expect from a person before they give up?

during high school, i dont think my brother really had many friends. this isnt what you think it would be, im sure people liked him and his deteriorating personality, but i dont think he truly enjoyed any of their company. he was a football player, and a very good one at that. for four years of his life, he woke up at 5am five days a week. he would go work out with the football team for two hours, then go to school for six hours. after that, they would practice in the blistering heat for anywhere between 4 to 6 hours. the amount of pressure he was under, i could never guess.

truth is, i didnt really know much about my brother at that time in his life. he was sort of a ghost at home, but prone to fits of rage; and i couldnt blame him. he took muscle relaxants for his neck, which he personally said made him completely apathetic to damn near everything. its really no wonder he has a problem with substance abuse. his receptors must be so damn fried, it honestly makes me sad to think of what he has to do just to enjoy himself for a couple hours.

its not all bad, he has a girlfriend whos very good to him, and hes good to her. theyve been dating for just over a year now, and i hope they can last.

i hope he loves her. and not the sorta love you get when everythings going great; the kinda love that you get when you know they may be one of the few people out there who can see past your bullshit and still tolerate your company.

if he doesnt love her, im not sure he can love anything, and im not ready for that. i cant accept that my brother is so far gone that the world has no value for him. because if thats the truth, then who's to say he's wrong? were only a year and a half apart; the only reason i havent made the same mistakes he did is because he made them first. were practically twins.

if ive learned one thing from him, it would be to live with care and grace. this isnt something he told me, its something his lack thereof demonstrated. i have to believe that there is intrinsic value in the world we live in, because if there isnt, i might as well be dead. i have to believe that my time here has meaning, because my brother doesnt.

• 2 weeks later...

Do I want to be attached?

There ain't a man who can dissected the woman from girl

And I'm not letting go again

Not releasing my grip

Swaying powerful hips

This is what I have and nobody can change how I use it.

You want to have it be prepared to lose it, you can't fear what you don't know.

Without a shadow and a doubt

I can dive into the dark and fall

It's not that there isn't a barrier, no wall

It is that I don't fear it.

Until I see this perfect state

This ideal we have to live by

I'm fine standing strong or falling blind.

I stand here

lighting...lighting the way

They say their heaven's

a place I can't stay

Yet, I stand here

lighting...lighting the way

They say their heaven's

a place I can't stay

Someone to carry the weight

someone to set things straight

in your arms

your know I will fall

because our universe

is oh....so...small

So I continue to stand

stand here

lighting the way

because their heaven is

No place to stay

• 2 weeks later...

Still look to the sky

the wind as it churns

heart as it burns

Fanning the fire

that you ignited

Tending to embers

of your leaving

The hanging head

of grieving

They trail in the wind

igniting a path

through which we run

Creating anew this light

of passion

Despite the burn

replenishing buds

amongst barren soil

Let it be those

Please, let it be those

Pages

Catching the rain

with your love

I'll meet you in a song

I'm ready for your rain

These pages torn

from my heart

I give to you

to write love

anew

I'll meet you in a song

with these pages

you've written something new

My fellow poets

I owe you an apology

I tried my best

to hold myself at a distance

in order to figure out what to do

because I am divided between

my ethics and my muse

I left you in a muddled state

on the cusp of

the rigors of reality and

the dark horse of fate

The trouble is

he is my Promethean fire

and like Prometheus

I am cursed and inspired

For with the inspiration

comes love and desire

Between December and January

I discovered with surprise that

I loved him

and

I love him like the sun

after months of dark & heavy clouds

When his light breaks through

I drop down and

press my hands

to the sun-warmed ground

I turn my face up towards his light

He is so bright

but not so much

that I lose my sight

I gaze upon him as I would

an oak tree

One that I would touch

both the rough of his bark

and the softness of his leaves

He inspired the best

I have ever written

but ethically

to love and desire him

feels forbidden

Although I have attributed

his inspiration to others,

I will never deny

that thoughts of him

always satisfy

Go JUJU! This is great:)

Passions cauldron

we stir

Those flames that

once consumed

now fuels hunger

and thirst for more

It pushes us through

the open doors

He moves you all the right ways

says all the right things

in all the right ways

The freedom to move

to the songs

came with a price

and we've paid in full all along

So we'll meet on the other side

Where I know you'll confide

your deepest desire

you know the one

that fuels the hunger

and thirst for more

pushing us through

through those open doors

a life without work is a life wasted.

take it from someone who has wasted a lot. someone who is ashamed of every wasted moment. before i became the way i am, i had too much time and nothing to do. my life was mundane and useless. full of promise, but it was an empty promise. now, i have no time at all, and everything to do. every move is calculated, and i see that i still have this useless social identity to maintain, i dont even know why i do it anymore. in my mind (when it is sober and rational), phalluses are vestigial structures. the only reason i go out or date is to maintain appearances. when i feel happiness, or sadness, or anything for that matter, i know its chemicals and pheromones, and it makes me laugh, everyday. in front of the mirror, at work, driving, hanging out with friends, its all so superficial. but in my precious work: surely this is the one thing in the world that has actual value! if i could just work hard enough, learn enough, watch enough videos, maybe then i would be good enough to rise above everything i do in life. maybe then i wouldnt have to go through the motions, maybe then i could positively affect the people around me.

my existence would be validated.

bodily desires like hunger or sexual desire become embarrassing. they turn into blemishes on your work, the idea youve committed your identity to. you dont even feel emotions the way you did before. why would you feel anything when you have so much to do and learn?

the minute you grow lax in your dedication, you become a statistic. just another animal walking around on a big rock. a life without work is a life wasted. take pride in what you love doing, stop at nothing to hone your talents and use them to create a better world for everyone. be part of something bigger than yourself.

because nobody would have ever known otherwise.

at my sisters wedding, in my head, i felt tears welling up in my eyes. i felt joy radiating outward from my cheeks, although they did not grow tired from smiling. i marvelled at the beauty of these two souls intertwining, and the life they would enjoy together, making love and sharing a home with children of their own; content and absolutely, extraordinarily normal. i also felt the eyes of my entire world upon me as i stood with my fellow groomsmen, all polished up and looking as if we couldnt have done anything wrong in our lives, but as we all know, appearances can be deceiving.

the night was actually a blur, and it was a truly beautiful night, and the venue was like something from a fairy tale; no less than what my sister deserved. with the endless drinks being served and all the family and company anyone could ask for, think of a drunk calculator. i remember talking to any girl it was socially appropriate to show any additional interest in. i could have gotten away with murder the way they smiled at me. i remember carrying my sisters friend up the stairs to the other bridesmaids after she was too drunk to walk, as she kissed my face all over, on my cheeks and lips, and i will laugh about it for years to come. the whole time, i was taking notes on what to do, and how to act, being kind and gentlemanly, never overstepping my bounds, however much the alcohol persuaded me to act out. many of these people i wont ever see again. even less of these people i will only see annually, why should i care what they think of me. but there it is, let nobody ever say that i was strange. the only reason i would have stood out to anybody was that i was a good brother, or told a funny joke, or said the right thing at the right time. there was never a moment where i felt exposed, and really i dont have anything physical to hide. underneath my suit, theres no physical malady i should be ashamed of, theres no crime or mental illness other than slight substance abuse i should be accused of.

its strange to think that i had been living in my head so long that it would become this effortless. theres times where i need to think of the correct thing to say, so as not to seem weird, but again, nobody would ever think otherwise. hes just some kid at his sisters wedding.

i also remember the times i used to spend during the summer hanging out with my older brother and his friends. being the butt of everybodys jokes, being perpetually "it" in marco polo, closing his eyes and being urinated upon by his brothers friends, being yelled at for any social deviance to the point of tears, until he learned to stop crying at age ten. being made fun of at school for an eating disorder he developed at age 3, conditioned food aversion to the point where all he ate was wheat products and milk. playing football because that's what his older brother and father did, although he was terrible at it. only maintaining a passing interest in women because his father never cared for his mother at all. losing his virginity at age 19 in a cabin at shaver lake in the wee hours of the night, with all his friends drinking in excess just beyond the door.

this is what awkward is. take it from someone who consciously learned how to act normal, after being ridiculed throughout his youth. after seeking acceptance from his brother and his friends, his peers at school, walking home alone, wasting away at home alone for his only real friends lived too far to reach, and seeking no assistance from his parents lest they think he was a social outcast, because there was no shame greater than admitting to your parents who love you so much that they might have failed.

dont feel like im complaining tho, it was never all that bad. and dont ever feel bad for me, because now, i am the one who gets to laugh. my mind encompasses theirs, it contains their social ideology as well as my own. ive spent my entire life learning how to do the right thing, say the right phrase or one liner, and now i dont ever have to be afraid of anyone. i can manipulate any situation to seem socially acceptable if i choose to do so.

but now, nobody would ever think otherwise. im looking forward to the day where i truly have nothing to hide. im looking forward to the day where the person i show everyone is truly the person they see, and there is no gap between the two.

he didnt really know when english stopped being a reliable method of communication. he passed through, lights on his left and right warping and stretching, being both in front of him and behind him. these lights kept him occupied drifting through empty space. it was lonely work. hed been drifting for so long, he lost count of the time but never let the lights out of his view. some would stretch on, some would snap and end and that would be that except it never was. if you could never reach your destination, you could say you never went anywhere at all. so he thought, as far as he could tell. the only people that could find him at this point had no hope of doing so. he thought about the last time he talked to anyone. theres a difference between talking to someone and relaying information. theres a point where noise becomes music, and smears of color become a painting and people more than animals but he found nothing of the sort. the only truth he could find was in patterns of numbers and shapes, language no longer meant anything anymore. memories of the things he heard could seldom be held accountable for truth; connotation trampled the inherent meaning of the word until there really wasnt any meaning at all. this discovery was the catalyst for his departure, and after that he really didnt need any additional push. he was gone, inertia had done its job. points of light passed by, growing violet as they approached and blossoming red as they passed. treading water isnt swimming, and he was tired.

i can feel,

my scales peeling, the sun is reaching.

radiant light and energy,

i'm breathing.

my rock, my refuge, hot and rough,

call me cold blooded.

where i live, the heat is enough

to keep me warm like the others.

the women don't know any better

until we slither under covers.

my friends and i glide across the ground,

we look up at everything.

it smells like laughter.

id like to hear something bad,

primal, scream and shout.

mouths agape, tongues flick about.

lets see how much a snake can drink

before he passes out. :LOL:

i realized how lucky i was a short while ago, but it's only a ten or fifteen minute drive to see how bad things could really be. i never realized how close i was to all the terrible things i read about in books during school (it's ridiculous and i'm sheltered, please don't remind me). when i was a teenager, i used to wonder about all the people living around me in the city. i would lay in bed and think about how many people were out with their friends, or maybe on their way home from a late night at work, or already in bed or watching tv with their families. i would look at people driving in their cars and wonder where they were going, or who that pretty girl was in the passenger seat, maybe if they were married or dating.

now i think about how many people are strung out, the amount of people stuck in run down apartment complexes while the sides of the roads accumulate with garbage while people like myself complain about what a tragedy it is. the worst part is i can't even separate myself from it geographically anymore; maybe when i was a kid i could say 'out of sight, out of mind,' but over the past couple years i would drive down the same road every day to school and i saw the same thing every single time, nothing ever changed. maybe the apartments would be painted a different color, but the people never walked any different, and this wasn't even the worst area of the city. this was still within walking distance to the university, and that's the most ridiculous part. that so many people could be so fucking close and so far at the same time.

when i bring this up to others, sometimes they agree, and that's that. sometimes they say, oh those people have their opportunity, this is america, where people choose what kind of life they want to live. so if they get stuck in a bad area, that's their fault. it's just crazy to think that my life could be so vastly different if i grew up in a neighborhood four miles away from my own.

how could i possibly bring another person into the world when i know all this is happening? i think, maybe i could be a great father. maybe my kid would be smart enough to do something about all this or fix something, but that's wishful thinking, and the irony of that is raising a kid smart enough to handle life appropriately requires exposing him to the worst parts of life, or at least giving him the ability to recognize it. the honest truth is that at this point i'm completely incapable of doing anything that goes against the grain. i have to contribute to this society that just keeps on getting worse and worse because that's how you get a paycheck, and i don't want to disappoint my parents, they've given so much in the same hopes i would have for my children. another option is suicide, but that's just fucking pathetic. from a purely logical point of view, yeah of course it makes sense, but aside from doing that to everyone who cares about me it would just be so dramatic and ungrateful, and just because i'm dead doesn't mean the problem goes away.

things are getting bad. i can't complain because i'm a 20 year old white male living with my parents in the suburbs and attending school, but please don't call me naive, or an idealist for recognizing problems when i see them. this isn't something i can just forget about, not if i want my children to live a better life than i did. the way things are going, it may be our fault: pollution, economic collapse, the deterioration of society as we know it, any issue you can think of: but it's our children's problem. we're probably not going to be around when the shit hits the fan. having kids isn't necessarily something to celebrate anymore. i understand there have always been times or places where kids may have presented a burden on families, but now i realize that we could be creating a world so terrible that life would truly not be worth living. i don't mean that in a way like you hear so often with kids my age, like 'oh my girlfriend broke up with me' or any of that dramatic stuff: i mean it like there could literally be nothing left to advance our society with. what is the point of living somewhere where you cannot change anything. other than cultivating relationships that may or may not have actual intrinsic value, what is the point of living in a place where nothing you do or say matters, and anything worth doing is out of reach? at least in our society today we can have fun, there is still culture and people have enough to be nice to each other. but we all know that when people have nothing, they'll eat each other, literally. and don't call me dramatic, because it's happened before. maybe not on a wide scale here in america, but you can bet anything that desperation will lead to atrocities that cannot be excused, but at the same time they cannot be avoided. and if ive learned anything from writing this, it's that geographic distance is only a distance. the only thing that distinguishes me from anybody else is the circumstances and factors that went into my upbringing and the decisions i make as a result of those circumstances. ask yourself, what circumstances are we creating, then put your fucking flag down and help me figure this out

it's not necessarily a story, but i can't sleep bruh

i realized how lucky i was a short while ago, but it's only a ten or fifteen minute drive to see how bad things could really be. i never realized how close i was to all the terrible things i read about in books during school (it's ridiculous and i'm sheltered, please don't remind me). when i was a teenager, i used to wonder about all the people living around me in the city. i would lay in bed and think about how many people were out with their friends, or maybe on their way home from a late night at work, or already in bed or watching tv with their families. i would look at people driving in their cars and wonder where they were going, or who that pretty girl was in the passenger seat, maybe if they were married or dating.

now i think about how many people are strung out, the amount of people stuck in run down apartment complexes while the sides of the roads accumulate with garbage while people like myself complain about what a tragedy it is. the worst part is i can't even separate myself from it geographically anymore; maybe when i was a kid i could say 'out of sight, out of mind,' but over the past couple years i would drive down the same road every day to school and i saw the same thing every single time, nothing ever changed. maybe the apartments would be painted a different color, but the people never walked any different, and this wasn't even the worst area of the city. this was still within walking distance to the university, and that's the most ridiculous part. that so many people could be so fucking close and so far at the same time.

when i bring this up to others, sometimes they agree, and that's that. sometimes they say, oh those people have their opportunity, this is america, where people choose what kind of life they want to live. so if they get stuck in a bad area, that's their fault. it's just crazy to think that my life could be so vastly different if i grew up in a neighborhood four miles away from my own.

how could i possibly bring another person into the world when i know all this is happening? i think, maybe i could be a great father. maybe my kid would be smart enough to do something about all this or fix something, but that's wishful thinking, and the irony of that is raising a kid smart enough to handle life appropriately requires exposing him to the worst parts of life, or at least giving him the ability to recognize it. the honest truth is that at this point i'm completely incapable of doing anything that goes against the grain. i have to contribute to this society that just keeps on getting worse and worse because that's how you get a paycheck, and i don't want to disappoint my parents, they've given so much in the same hopes i would have for my children. another option is suicide, but that's just fucking pathetic. from a purely logical point of view, yeah of course it makes sense, but aside from doing that to everyone who cares about me it would just be so dramatic and ungrateful, and just because i'm dead doesn't mean the problem goes away.

things are getting bad. i can't complain because i'm a 20 year old white male living with my parents in the suburbs and attending school, but please don't call me naive, or an idealist for recognizing problems when i see them. this isn't something i can just forget about, not if i want my children to live a better life than i did. the way things are going, it may be our fault: pollution, economic collapse, the deterioration of society as we know it, any issue you can think of: but it's our children's problem. we're probably not going to be around when the shit hits the fan. having kids isn't necessarily something to celebrate anymore. i understand there have always been times or places where kids may have presented a burden on families, but now i realize that we could be creating a world so terrible that life would truly not be worth living. i don't mean that in a way like you hear so often with kids my age, like 'oh my girlfriend broke up with me' or any of that dramatic stuff: i mean it like there could literally be nothing left to advance our society with. what is the point of living somewhere where you cannot change anything. other than cultivating relationships that may or may not have actual intrinsic value, what is the point of living in a place where nothing you do or say matters, and anything worth doing is out of reach? at least in our society today we can have fun, there is still culture and people have enough to be nice to each other. but we all know that when people have nothing, they'll eat each other, literally. and don't call me dramatic, because it's happened before. maybe not on a wide scale here in america, but you can bet anything that desperation will lead to atrocities that cannot be excused, but at the same time they cannot be avoided. and if ive learned anything from writing this, it's that geographic distance is only a distance. the only thing that distinguishes me from anybody else is the circumstances and factors that went into my upbringing and the decisions i make as a result of those circumstances. ask yourself, what circumstances are we creating, then put your fucking flag down and help me figure this out

it's not necessarily a story, but i can't sleep bruh

Hurled insults sting like a thousand gashing stings

Broken upon a rock

Craggy, uncaring and lisping

Like the rasp of your tongue.

Jagged chasm

I hurl myself down

Listing and unwanted

And find myself still wanting.

There is no-mans-land

Only the rattle of a thousand clacking ammunitions

Defecating around my ears

Bringing no peace.

Where the green land waits

Far beyond a thousand wishes and clasping fingers

Left broken upon a rock

And wanting life.

Nothing left

Nothing and knowing that my synapses collapse

Hope is too far

A glittering, and intensely satisfying,

Star.

Close enough and where do my aches and barraging moans belong….

Never is too far. A mirror image belongs in the clouds and my children do not know me.

This pigeon

She flies

upon broken wings

wind underneath

a world below

Soaring about

leading the flock

senses keen

delivering the message

of lesser seen

Ordinary greatness

possessed within

When she flies

She Flies

and upon return

nestled and cupped in his hands

This pigeon

She flies

upon broken wings

wind underneath

a world below

Soaring about

leading the flock

senses keen

delivering the message

of lesser seen

Ordinary greatness

possessed within

When she flies

She Flies

and upon return

nestled and cupped in his hands

Absolutely love this poem! :D

The air grew heavy

laden with dust

The sun was blocked

with graying clouds

For on this day

the Stars shone bright

releasing all their

inner light

With feet upon rocks

the journey continued

on this, the longest day

Foraged through seas of people

guided by the bass's undertow

On into night, finally arriving

No stars were left to light the night

and the moon was calling

for her reflection

Suddenly they began to arrive

the neon glow of Fire Flies

They took to the sky

owning her night

lighting the paths

Granting her sight

• 3 weeks later...

It is my dream to see everything

before it is too late

From the lowlands of Nepal

to the mountains of New Zealand

With tea in New Delhi

sushi in Tokyo

and ceviche and choclo

in Cusco

Everywhere I go I will be

a foreigner and an outsider

Seeing everything with

childlike wonder

Marveling at the feel of

a camel's fur and the bark of a rubber tree

Meeting people who have lived

their whole life next to one sea

Watching a different sun rise

and set on a distant shore

All this I would humbly

beg for and more

That is really pretty juju!

Sorry I am going to sully it with negativity.

Cold dead walking, seeming unaffected

loving without feeling.

Reeling cocked head, feasting, severed

Lacking loss.

For sure as hands that lay the law down

History assures our rights. We have always made a good case for molding the other side.

Archived