^This (again). Or that maybe we'll at least get those two at Lolla. Lord knows they were rarely played in the states for TR tour.

Yup, once each. Twice for CE if you count Voodoo.

This gig sounds utterly amazing! Hopefully there's a live stream (or I can save enough to attend :D)

I'm going out to get my NME soon. If anyone wants me to buy one for them and post it, let me know ASAP. I'd need the price of the magazine, postage and Paypal fees by Paypal.

Just got mine after I dropped the kids off at school :happy: Reading it while I re-dye my blue bits in my hair.

Am I the only one that sees the downside to this?! Yeah, it's all well and good that loads of us will witness these epic shows, but Matt's pretty much put it on record that they'll hardly be playing OoS songs ever again. I'm taking that to include the likes of New Born and even PiB - kind of like a 'sign off' to the past songs. I know it could just mean they'll play some crazy rarities and then never play them again, but that's not how it feels from the teeny snippets I've read so far. There's something final about the tone of it :erm:.

This story sure doesn't make it sound promising: NME story online. These might equally be the best and worst nights for me - the best of their back catalogue that they'll never play again. :awesome: / :( I hope I'm wrong and they'll continue to play them, but my gut feeling says otherwise...

Have you read the full interview on the scans? It all sounds a lot more positive from that.

Am I the only one that sees the downside to this?! Yeah, it's all well and good that loads of us will witness these epic shows, but Matt's pretty much put it on record that they'll hardly be playing OoS songs ever again. I'm taking that to include the likes of New Born and even PiB - kind of like a 'sign off' to the past songs. I know it could just mean they'll play some crazy rarities and then never play them again, but that's not how it feels from the teeny snippets I've read so far. There's something final about the tone of it :erm:.

This story sure doesn't make it sound promising: NME story online. These might equally be the best and worst nights for me - the best of their back catalogue that they'll never play again. :awesome: / :( I hope I'm wrong and they'll continue to play them, but my gut feeling says otherwise...

A lot of you are acting like they've been playing tons of OOS songs in their recent gigs and now they have decided they don't want to play them any more.

Like some people have said (and from what you can tell reading the actual interview), I guess they mean they're going to rescue songs they haven't played for quite a long time and will give them a try for the last time. I really doubt they will ignore songs like PIB or NB in the future, it makes no sense, maybe they will rotate them more, something I don't mind at all.

So excited after reading this, and them saying that the next record may take influence from live performance? And I've never seen so many of the typical muse 'haters' so excited about a Muse gig :LOL:

:awesome:

I'm melting right now.

As was said above, so many people are shitting themselves over the fact that OoS songs might not get a play again. It's not like we had many to start with?

:yesey: Exactly. I think the people that are most upset are people that don't really follow setlists anyway, or haven't read the interview properly.

Yeah, it's pretty unlikely that they'll stop playing Plug in Baby etc completely. As for the Space Dementias etc I prefer it this way where they openly say they just don't want to do them anymore but will do a big send off for the fans, as opposed to the songs just one day not being put on a setlist and then never coming back, which is what has happened to 90% of the other songs they don't play.

Yeah, it's pretty unlikely that they'll stop playing Plug in Baby etc completely. As for the Space Dementias etc I prefer it this way where they openly say they just don't want to do them anymore but will do a big send off for the fans, as opposed to the songs just one day not being put on a setlist and then never coming back, which is what has happened to 90% of the other songs they don't play.

Hopefully it'll be that way, it could easily be New Born, Bliss, PIB, CE, and Feeling Good.

They say they don't want to do a similar show to the one they've been doing. So yeah hopefully we'll get our Space Dementias and Megalomanias and possibly Dead Star if it counts as that Era, but they could quite easily spoil this and literally just have a new stage.

I don't get how people can be excited about this if it's going to be the "last time"... :rolleyes:

Probably because it's the one time that it's guaranteed. :LOL:

This, and all the posts above you, mate. :chuckle:

BTW GUYS IF THEY PLAY SOBER I WILL CRY FOR REAL. /pipe dream

:yesey: Exactly. I think the people that are most upset are people that don't really follow setlists anyway, or haven't read the interview properly.

I follow the setlists religiously (Lord knows why - they make me rage :LOL:) so I know the craic there and why this is a big deal. I think people need to read the interview if they haven't.

Seriously considering flying to Reading for the Sunday if I can find somebody to go with.

Go! Loads of us will be there.

I don't get how people can be excited about this if it's going to be the "last time"... :rolleyes:

Have you read the interview? I think people are excited about b-sides and rarities being played.

I suspect that we'll get a few songs off Showbiz too. Reading/Leeds might be the redeeming gigs for Muse.

I remember actually saying to a friend that Muse are slowly redeeming themselves song by song during the MKU -> MotP -> Bliss string of songs at Wembley after reading the 10th's lackluster setlist.

In retrospect, that was good, but this has soooo much awesome potential.

Aw man, I can't stop riding the reading hype train, I'm gonna need Denzel Washington to approach behind on a train of similar speed to attemp slowing me down. If anyone gets the reference, then you know too much and i love you.

I remember actually saying to a friend that Muse are slowly redeeming themselves song by song during the MKU -> MotP -> Bliss string of songs at Wembley after reading the 10th's lackluster setlist.

Ah yes, that was epic. I was like "Oh well, New Born now...MKU?" and then "omg MOTP, mixing things up" and finally "BLIIIIIISS!!!"

Archived