Wasn't going to bother with these gigs, but after hearing all this I'm sorely tempted to try to get tickets later in the year when I can afford it. I wonder if they'll maybe try out any of the old songs at the Eastern European gigs or if they'll just get the usual stuff?

Well they said Reading/Leeds would be "one-off" and like the only chance to see some OoS-songs but they also said they had been touring with nearly the same show all of the Resistance-Tour and that people have seen that show so maybe they'll get other rarities from Abso / BH&R.

It might be the usual piss from the guys again but I certainly got the feeling that they've started to think a bit differently now in many ways. Hopefully that will influence set-lists aswell.

Wasn't going to bother with these gigs, but after hearing all this I'm sorely tempted to try to get tickets later in the year when I can afford it.

Seriously contemplating this too. Oh gosh, its going to be an eBay frenzy again with tickets probably going at 4x the price. :stunned:

But remember when they said they were going to have an orchestra at Glasto... hmm.

Thanks so much Natalia for this. Wow! Pretty different perspective to the snippets. I'm still keep myself on the level, any Muse gig is going to be brilliant, but this sounds so exciting! :D And I add, though I have often been at the throats of the haters, I don't begrudge their excitement one bit. Let's hope they are fantastic gigs for all of us! :D

I live in England and that hasn't made me any closer to going. Jealousy :'(

Thanks for the scans. :)

+1

Although tickets are still on and I have the money for it. I just don't know if to go for it or not considering its £90 to go to see Muse (although I do like Interpol and Frank Turner, and Elbow and Friendly Fires look like good live acts). If there's still some this time tommorrow then I will go.

Blegh, I've no chance. Even if I had the money, its my parents stopping me. Seeing as mother dearest is not a festival person and has friends that went to Reading and hated it, its officially off limits until I'm... less fragile. :rolleyes: I have friends going, thats the worst part. Well plus the best potential setlist in the last few years.

+1

Although tickets are still on and I have the money for it. I just don't know if to go for it or not considering its £90 to go to see Muse (although I do like Interpol and Frank Turner, and Elbow and Friendly Fires look like good live acts). If there's still some this time tommorrow then I will go.

Where can one still buy tickets? I just might do a really stoopid/amazing thing and deal with the fallout later.

Am I the only one that sees the downside to this?! Yeah, it's all well and good that loads of us will witness these epic shows, but Matt's pretty much put it on record that they'll hardly be playing OoS songs ever again. I'm taking that to include the likes of New Born and even PiB - kind of like a 'sign off' to the past songs. I know it could just mean they'll play some crazy rarities and then never play them again, but that's not how it feels from the teeny snippets I've read so far. There's something final about the tone of it :erm:.

This story sure doesn't make it sound promising: NME story online. These might equally be the best and worst nights for me - the best of their back catalogue that they'll never play again. :awesome: / :( I hope I'm wrong and they'll continue to play them, but my gut feeling says otherwise...

Am I the only one that sees the downside to this?! Yeah, it's all well and good that loads of us will witness these epic shows, but Matt's pretty much put it on record that they'll hardly be playing OoS songs ever again. I'm taking that to include the likes of New Born and even PiB - kind of like a 'sign off' to the past songs. I know it could just mean they'll play some crazy rarities and then never play them again, but that's not how it feels from the teeny snippets I've read so far. There's something final about the tone of it :erm:.

This story sure doesn't make it sound promising: NME story online. These might equally be the best and worst nights for me - the best of their back catalogue that they'll never play again. :awesome: / :( I hope I'm wrong and they'll continue to play them, but my gut feeling says otherwise...

that was my first thought.........okay I admit my first thought was "HOLY CRAP MICRO CUTS" but then I realized that this might be the end of Bliss, CE, and even NB as a regular. :(

I'd love to see them break out some b-sides like Eternally Missed and Glorious.

I agree with the notion that this is the end of the OoS songs being played and such and how thats a bad thing. But at the same time it seems like they're looking back at this album and thinking "We need to make more of this". So perhaps as one great era leaves, another one will be ushered in.

One thing's for sure if their digging back into the catalogue

Feeling Good :$

There is an upside in that it will be broadcast, so at least it'll be forever watchable, not some secret gig that everyone praises.

This. :thumbsup: Which is really the main reason I'm not killing myself in agony right now. :LOL:

I am freaking out that I can't go. Life is a m-fucking bitch.

fuckingshitbollocks

This will be the best ever gig and they better do a DVD.

Pleasepleasepleaseplease let there be a DVD.! I could deal with this in a far more responsible manner if I knew that were to be the case.

son. of. a. bitch.

WHY CAN'T I LIVE IN ENGLAND. :fear: :fear: :fear:

^This!

I just really hope that this doesn't mean that theyre retiring songs like CE and Bliss. I'd be fine if it was one last performance for Space Dementia, Hyper Music, etc....even though I'd still be sad to see those go :(

^This (again). Or that maybe we'll at least get those two at Lolla. Lord knows they were rarely played in the states for TR tour.

Archived