Which Live songs will they quit playing after the New album?

Alesi08

I don't get where the whole idea that Muse will constantly rotate songs came from. Did nobody actually see The Resistance Tour?

This.

Also, whoever had the idea of B&H being rotated with Exo, are you serious? If you mean the whole of Exogenesis, then that will probably never be played live since Matt is a coward. If you mean Overture, I can tell you already that it won't be played next tour. It will not be relevant anymore, and to keep playing only the first part is just retarded.

And finally, they won't play B&H anymore, because if they do Matt has to do stuff he can't be bothered with anymore (play piano). Starlight isn't going anywhere either.The only guaranteed songs from TR will be Uprising and USOE.

EDIT: Oh, and MK Ultra as a regular? Wake up from that dream you're having.

As much I wish you were wrong, you're right.

I would absolutely LOVE for Muse to prove me wrong, but I can't see it happening. R/L and OoS in full is probably just one last treat for fans, and after that they will have given up completely and be totally useless next tour.

I don't get where the whole idea that Muse will constantly rotate songs came from. Did nobody actually see The Resistance Tour?

They kind of rotated some songs. Mainly towards the end of the tour RBS was thrown in there sometimes, as was MK Ultra as it became more common to rotate with Guiding Light (and as quickly as became more frequent it's drifted back into rarity...). Any other song that was brought into rotation like Sunburn or Dead Star was completely rare and really isn't part of their setlist setup.

So any predictions of rotations should really be just one or two songs, and rotation should only be expected once in a while.

I don't think that will help next tour.

the small bit of hope that I have is that they'll treat the tour like Wembley 2nd night. they proved that they still can put together a good setlist. although, the NA tour kinda fucked that reasoning...

the small bit of hope that I have is that they'll treat the tour like Wembley 2nd night. they proved that they still can put together a good setlist. although, the NA tour kinda fucked that reasoning...

I don't think there was any reasoning behind anything they did during the TR tour.

Look at a list of singles from 2004 onwards, remove Sing For Absolution and B&H, add in Plug In Baby and Feeling good, then the singles from the new album and 1 non-single new album song and there's your setlist.

Oh, it's also got to only include about 17 songs so possibly also get rid of Hysteria and SS if there isn't enough space.

Look at a list of singles from 2004 onwards, remove Sing For Absolution and B&H, add in Plug In Baby and Feeling good, then the singles from the new album and 1 non-single new album song and there's your setlist.

Oh, it's also got to only include about 17 songs so possibly also get rid of Hysteria and SS if there isn't enough space.

that would make a horrid setlist.

The answer to the thread question is: the good ones! :p

I expect the same staples to stay, but I do think they'll consider dropping the likes of New Born or even PiB for some sets. They've started to do that already, and with new material they'll be sticking more and more to their 'must play the hits' setlists - hence these OoS gigs being potentially 'the last time' we'll ever see some of their older/rare songs performed.

It's a shame, but I don't see them steering away from that same mentality. We'll pretty much be getting singles-only gigs with a handful of new album songs to make a 20-max setlist for the next tour.

I guess we just have to put up with it. They've been pwoper recording artists for over 10 years now and we all know how much they've changed. There are somethings we miss, like Matts mad hair. But maybe they don't like those songs any more. Maybe they prefer resistance to New Born.

(Insert returning insults here)

Anyone expecting any changes in the setlists for the Russian / Ukraine gigs?

Dropped songs? maybe get some OoS practice in for long forgotten songs?

I think they'll mix it around and try a few old numbers. Citizen Erased and Bliss are guaranteed, I'd say. Maybe something more obscure from BHAR and Absolution. I don't think they'll play any of the really rare OoS-songs, they're probably saving those for R/L.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with alot said here.. but here's my shout anyway:

The songs i think will stay staples:

SS

PIB

TIRO

(And new staple: Uprising)

It pains me to say, but, i think KoC may be dropped or become a rarity.. i have my reasons for this.. in BHaR era KoC was a set opener.. then in later gigs and Resistance era it became a set closer.. just as it was replaced with uprising opening i think the end of sets will be replaced with another good ending tune (possibly even US?) but theres the problem.. I really cant imagine KoC in the middle of a set, it doesnt suit the song at all. But tbh i do hope they keep it in even if it does stick out like a sore thumb in the middle of a gig.

I think Undisclosed, Exo and Resistance will become regularly rotated and i think USoE and MK Ultra may become rarities.

Maybe they'll learn and throw in a bit of bliss, ce, rbs, MM etc now and again.

Its just come to me, but i reckon TSP might make a return :)

I agree with alot said here.. but here's my shout anyway:

The songs i think will stay staples:

SS

PIB

TIRO

(And new staple: Uprising)

It pains me to say, but, i think KoC may be dropped or become a rarity.. i have my reasons for this.. in BHaR era KoC was a set opener.. then in later gigs and Resistance era it became a set closer.. just as it was replaced with uprising opening i think the end of sets will be replaced with another good ending tune (possibly even US?) but theres the problem.. I really cant imagine KoC in the middle of a set, it doesnt suit the song at all. But tbh i do hope they keep it in even if it does stick out like a sore thumb in the middle of a gig.

I think Undisclosed, Exo and Resistance will become regularly rotated and i think USoE and MK Ultra may become rarities.

Maybe they'll learn and throw in a bit of bliss, ce, rbs, MM etc now and again.

Its just come to me, but i reckon TSP might make a return :)

Towards the end of BHAR KoC was already being played as a set closer.

I don't see KoC being dropped; Matt loves that song and he said he gets pumped from seeing people jumping when the riff kicks in.

Resistance and Uprising will probably survive, Undisclosed may as well. MK Ultra was already rare in TR so it'll be pretty much be non-existant.

Archived