Which Live songs will they quit playing after the New album?

Alesi08

Uprising, UsoE, UD, and Resistance will stay from Resistance (Though I wish they'd get rid of UD, fucking sucks live). Everything else will be dropped, possibly rotated in every once in a while. UsoE might be rotated some.

New Born will be dropped, MotP will become rare, Stockholm Syndrome might be rotated, Feeling Good will be gone, and I'm not sure beyond that but I'm sure something awesome will become rare.

This is sad to think about. Wish they'd just play longer setlists to make up for it. Or actually change up the setlists to make up for it

I'm a little scared to see the setlists on the next tour. I hope they get the idea that songs need to be switched about and not just stick to the greatest hits otherwise it'll be new songs plus greatest hits at every gig.

The only ones I'd still expect at every gig are probably Uprising, another couple from TR although I'm not sure which ones, Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, Knights of Cydonia, Time is Running Out, Hysteria and Plug in Baby. Plus new ones obviously.

Also if USOE goes and Feeling Good stays, I'll cry.

That's just 9 songs. Add on about the likely 4/5 new songs they play and the new sets will have just 13/14 songs.

They could just play the whole new album in full and then play the songs in bold in encores. Much better idea

Bollocks! It's been great live and worked really well the six times I've seen it. I hope it's not dropped. I think it will be played every now and again...probably the same as MOTP for the last tour.

/Sarcasm? :p

It always seems to completely kill the mood, and just doesn't work well live...which is why they needed all the lazers and effects to go with it.

It always seems to completely kill the mood' date=' and just work well live...which is why they needed all the lazers and effects to go with it.[/quote']

Didn't kill the mood any times I saw it...

Did you see the stripped down set at Teignmouth? Didn't use lazers and effects there and for both of those gigs that song was one of my favourite moments.

Undisclosed Desires made me yawn seven times over seven gigs.

If it stays for the next tour I will be a sad panda. And Feeling Good needs to be dropped for USoE. Guiding Light has served its purpose (bathroom break) and is pretty much guaranteed to be dropped next tour.

Didn't kill the mood any times I saw it...

Did you see the stripped down set at Teignmouth? Didn't use lazers and effects there and for both of those gigs that song was one of my favourite moments.

each to their own but favourite moment? lord help ya.

Fair enough if that's your opinion. I was at both O2 gigs and the first night was by a long way the worst Muse gig I've ever been to. The whole night was my worst Muse moment! The second night however....awesome.

each to their own but favourite moment? lord help ya.

One of my favourite moments, if you actually read what I wrote. And it most certainly was.

• 3 weeks later...
Seeing as SS made it into a 8 song setlist last night ahead of SMBH and hysteria, I would be very surprised if it went completely.

The staples will be:

5 new songs

Uprising

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

United States of Eurasia

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

Knights of Cydonia

Stockholm Syndrome

Time is Running Out

Hysteria

Plug in Baby

Rotation songs:

2 new album songs

Map of the Problematique

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Ruled By Secrecy

Citizen Erased

Bliss

Sunburn

With the exception of the new album songs, isn't that essentially the setup for this tour?

Hang on- Bellamy had not 1, but 2 whole new 'guitars' custom built for him (one with pretty lights :awesome:), that have use in just 1 3-minute song.

Unless the new album is played entirely on keytar, Undisclosed Desires ain't going anywhere.

Maybe it'll get played a bit, but he doesn't really care about instruments falling into disuse.

See Rust Relic, Laser Manson and 7-String before CE's comeback.

Unless the new album is played entirely on keytar, Undisclosed Desires ain't going anywhere.

i think and hope it will.

i honestly thought the jam and ud was the most dull point of the whole of the set at wembley.

guiding light was brightened up by the confetti shit and exo with the silly tin foil ufo.

ud is just yawn.

Showbiz will be completely gone (I'd like them to play showbiz again:() OoS they'll probebly keep CE,PiB and Feeling good (all rotated) Bh&R will be KoC (every night) MoP (rotated) starlight (less and less) and maybe the odd playing of soliders poem if they don't have a replacement in the next album. Abso will be hysteria and TIRO (Rotated) butterflies and hurricanes (rotated with exo) SS (Rotated) Resistance uprising and resistance will stay UD will be rotated Mk Ultra will be regular until they bring out new singles US will definetly be gone, GL will be the same (probebly replaced by some ballad for kate :rolleyes: ) Exo as I said will be rotated with B&F. New singles will become more common and will follow the same pattern as the others over time.

We can't expect them to play every song, as time goes on they'll get more fans and they'll only know the newer ones at the start, and maybe they like the songs they play and when you like playing a song you'll play it better:) I hope they make We are the universe into a song

I'll miss songs like SS and CE but they have to make room.

P.s I was only 3 when showbiz was out and wish I was older then:(

Archived