Which Live songs will they quit playing after the New album?

Alesi08

Songs that will stay r

Uprising, Starlight, SMBH, KoC, TiRO, PiB, Stockholm Syndrome.

Hysteria, New Born, MOTP, Unnatural Selection, Resistance rotated.

Undisclosed Desires will prob stay

MK will be like Assassin and just not played anymore.

I can see Sing for absolution making a comeback in place of Guiding Light.

USOE will become like piano songs from previous albums and might be played a couple of times. the only piano song that should have been dropped is the one that never seams to be dropped Feeling Good.

Exogenesis and I belong to you wont be heard again.

Showbiz = Gone completely (it's been gone for a few years already. lul)

OoS = New Born, PiB, Feeling Good stays. Everything else is gone.

Absolution = Time is Running Out and Hysteria stays. Hopefully so does SS. Everything else is gone.

BH&R = Starlight, SMBH, Knights, and maybe Maps stays. Say goodbye to everything else.

Resistance = Uprising, Undisclosed Desires, and USoE stays. Peace out @ the rest.

In other words, all their best songs are gone. lul

Showbiz - Everything is gone, except Sunburn stays as a rarity.

OoS - PiB stays as a regular, NB, FG are rotated, CE, Bliss become rarities.

Abso - TiRO, Hysteria, SS stay as regulars. RbS, SfA, B+H as rarities.

BH&R - Starlight, SMBH, Knights are regulars. MotP stays in rotation. TaB as a rarity.

TR - Uprising, UD stay as regular. USoE, Resistance in rotation. MK, GL, US as rarities.

IMO. Obviously everything not mentioned is gone. :(

I don't feel like making predictions…I just don't want SS and Map to go. All the other songs likely to stay I can honestly live with in rotation. I'm generally not okay with ANYTHING being dropped, except maybe GL, UD, and NSC, and UD only because I think it's boring live.

I nearly fell asleep at the Prudential show when UD was being played. SUCH A YAWNFEST :LOL:

If SS is gone, then I'm legit done with going to Muse shows. I'm going there to see a rock band and SS is the only true rock song left that they still play. So once SS is out, there's nothing left for me to enjoy and rock out too, minus the last minute or so of Knights.

My guess:

Uprising, Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Knights of Cydonia, Hysteria, Time is Running Out and Plug in Baby will remain regulars. Feeling Good, New Born and Stockholm Syndrome will be rotated around with some other songs. The rest will be very rare/gone completely.

:D

I can't see UD staying to be honest. I mean, it just doesn't sound right. It will depend on the sound of the new album I suppose.

+1, I dont like people making predictions on what will and will not be played anymore, with the end of OOS drawing near, they're the only songs likely to be dropped, like you said it does depend what the next album will be like, if it's anything like TR then i think we could see some comebacks from PIB or maybe CE

Can't imagine not having PIB as a regular. Other than that and Feeling Good, OoS stuff's been gradually going for ages. New Born's been rotated out more and more since Wembley and possibly before.

I really thought The Resistance might become the album that fades into obsurity abnormally quickly. It still might if the next album and subsequent tour do scale things back.

To be honest, I doubt they can keep using the same logic (or lack of) they have been doing when choosing the sets after the next album. The Resistance pushed it just about to the limit. I think some of the hits are going to get dropped rather than lose the raritiy slots all together. And lets be honest, if the hits became rarities, it would then be pretty cool when they were aired.

Showbiz

All gone except maybe

Sunburn *really rare rotation

Origin of Symmetry

New Born *rotation

Bliss *rare rotation, if not, gone

Citizen Erased *rare rotation, if not, gone

Plug In Baby

Feeling Good

Absolution

Time Is Running Out

Hysteria *rotation

Stockholm Syndrome

Black Holes & Revelations

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

Knights of Cydonia

Map of the Problematique *rare rotation

The Resistance

Uprising

Undisclosed Desires

Resistance (it's their TIRO/Starlight formula song, it's staying)

MK Ultra *rare rotation

Unnatural Selection *rotation with New Born

Though with the new album, I'm going to expect great things this time especially since they're going into the studio after (hopefully) rocking their faces off at Reading.

They'll definitely scrap a bunch of Resistance songs - no need to play them on the tour for another album. I expect not to see any songs off TR except Uprising, Resistance, and USoE played in the future (except for sporadic fan treats). I also think they might drop Feeling Good, Citizen Erased, B&H, and TaB, or at least they'll see a lot fewer performances to make way for new songs.

I think it's tragic that any Muse fan could run Muse better than whoever's runnig setlists now. Is it really that difficult to incorporate a couple of older songs here and there? Just put a slot for "song on the heavier side" in the setlist and throw stuff like Assassin or Hyper Music into a raffle tumbler.

/beating a dead horse with a second dead horse.

Looking forward to Reading though. :awesome:

Showbiz = Gone completely (it's been gone for a few years already. lul)

OoS = New Born, PiB, Feeling Good stays. Everything else is gone.

Absolution = Time is Running Out and Hysteria stays. Hopefully so does SS. Everything else is gone.

BH&R = Starlight, SMBH, Knights, and maybe Maps stays. Say goodbye to everything else.

Resistance = Uprising, Undisclosed Desires, and USoE stays. Peace out @ the rest.

In other words, all their best songs are gone. lul

i had unintended sheffield

ahhhhhhhhh

but yeah they really need to keep some of the oldies, even on rotation, or at least do an oldies gig here an there, or do a deal with the fans where they get 2 nights for like £90 but one night is an oldies night, where as the second night would be the current tour night, dont know how that sounds to any of you, but its better than someone saying that they do a 2 hour show

never felt so much in love with him

Some of you are kidding yourselves. New Born, Bliss, Citizen Erased will probably be scrapped after the summer festivals, with, like others have said, Feeling Good and Plug in Baby staying. Stockholm Syndrome will almost definitely become a rotated or rare song, as it was already being rotated on the last tour. Time is Running Out and Hysteria will possibly be rotated songs. Take A Bow is likely gone, but the other frequently played songs will probably stay, with MoTP becoming a rotated/rarity. MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection will probably become rotated/rarities (the former already being rareish). Guiding Light, I Belong To You, Exogenesis are likely gone, although I can see Exogenesis being played for a special concert.

Leaving out songs I predict as rare:

Feeling Good (although this and USoE might be rotated, due to new piano song(s).)

Plug in Baby

Hysteria

Time is Running Out

Knights of Cydonia

Starlight

Supermassive Black Hole

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

United States of Eurasia (As above)

Uprising

Rotated:

Stockholm Syndrome

Map Of The Problematique

MK Ultra

Unnatural Selection

This gives plenty of room for a new album of songs, and plausibly a random song or two thrown in from other albums.

Some of you are kidding yourselves. New Born, Bliss, Citizen Erased will probably be scrapped after the summer festivals, with, like others have said, Feeling Good and Plug in Baby staying. Stockholm Syndrome will almost definitely become a rotated or rare song, as it was already being rotated on the last tour. Time is Running Out and Hysteria will possibly be rotated songs. Take A Bow is likely gone, but the other frequently played songs will probably stay, with MoTP becoming a rotated/rarity. MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection will probably become rotated/rarities (the former already being rareish). Guiding Light, I Belong To You, Exogenesis are likely gone, although I can see Exogenesis being played for a special concert.

Leaving out songs I predict as rare:

Feeling Good (although this and USoE might be rotated, due to new piano song(s).)

Plug in Baby

Hysteria

Time is Running Out

Knights of Cydonia

Starlight

Supermassive Black Hole

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

United States of Eurasia (As above)

Uprising

Rotated:

Stockholm Syndrome

Map Of The Problematique

MK Ultra

Unnatural Selection

This gives plenty of room for a new album of songs, and plausibly a random song or two thrown in from other albums.

I agree with this pretty much, but i think that if they continue on their current trend there is every possiblity we wont see US or MKU ever again.

Not a lot to add...Newborn/SS were the first to be dropped last tour, so Newborn is certainly gone, SS may stay depending on how heavy they keep the last encore.

USoE will stay, and i think we will find out the future of feeling good after the R/L shows this summer.

With the new album, they've got to atleast bump average shows up to 20 songs a night, which to me means TIRO/MoTP/anything from Showbiz gone..

Keep Unnatural Selection, what about getting rid of Time is Running Out. I wouldn't drop Hysteria or Bliss. Guiding Light needs to go, but they will probably play it anyway.

Yeah but they may revive New born because it is ten years of Origin of Symetery :l

Seeing as SS made it into a 8 song setlist last night ahead of SMBH and hysteria, I would be very surprised if it went completely.

The staples will be:

5 new songs

Uprising

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

United States of Eurasia

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

Knights of Cydonia

Stockholm Syndrome

Time is Running Out

Hysteria