The Band That Rose Without Trace: Muse On The Cover Of M Magazine (#38, Dec 2010)

Natalia

dear musers of the musings of the muse and blah, :D

I live in the states but I want Kerrang magazine..for obvious reasons. (I'm subscribed to rolling stone, but bieber was on the fucking cover.)

anywayssss....is there a way to get a subscription to that mailed to me? or do i have to buy each one seperately? and can u give me any lists of the old kerrangs that have Muse mentioned, a poster, anything? thank youuu :)

dear musers of the musings of the muse and blah, :D

I live in the states but I want Kerrang magazine..for obvious reasons. (I'm subscribed to rolling stone, but bieber was on the fucking cover.)

anywayssss....is there a way to get a subscription to that mailed to me? or do i have to buy each one seperately? and can u give me any lists of the old kerrangs that have Muse mentioned, a poster, anything? thank youuu :)

uhh, just go to their website and subscribe............... they ship to the states

When has he said that? If he didn't think it worked live, they wouldn't have played it at every gig on the last tour.

That was my way of saying his words of this in the same article:

a song like Undisclosed Desires. It’s not necessarily written to make the crowd rock out, or to make for a big concert experience, but I still think it’s one of our better songs, in terms of lyrical content and melodies.

The problem is that it's not a good live song in general.

You. :LOL: Yeah but at the end of the tour it got better, when I saw them in Australia. Hope they'd improve the song more, adding or changing musical arrangements especially adding something more than a Keytar.

I think saying Undisclosed wasn't a big concert experience or a song to rock out to isn't the same as saying it wasn't a good concert experience. It may not have got the crowd rocking but it was still very atmospheric, particularly heard fresh. I think it added interest to the set. I don't think every song has to get the audience rocking.

It is not one I personally see as a standout track though. I think I prefer USoE for the melody, but Matt obviously likes it. He's mentioned it lots of times.

It's just the sound overall and his voice sounded weak live on it, but that's obviously opinions. Also I wouldn't call some slow moving lazers atmospheric but hey-ho

I wasn't referring to slow moving lazers. I think the whole performance has atmosphere live and the majority of that is to do with the music. I think the change in musical style introduces interest and I thought Matt's vocal was as strong as in any other song. Well I didn't notice any problem there, but there you go. As you say it's down to opinions. I want to watch it now.

[EDIT] Just watched the Glastonbury performance and I still don't know what you mean. I still got the same feeling, that kind of rising adrenalin as the performance was about to start. Strong, beautiful vocal and the song has an atmospheric, soothing, sensuous feel to it against the robotic style beat. And there was hardly any sight of the lasers on the tv recording. I think it is just down to taste.

Incidentally I think I enjoy it more live than recorded. Just to be awkward. :chuckle: No honestly, I do. :)

I wasn't referring to slow moving lazers. I think the whole performance has atmosphere live and the majority of that is to do with the music. I think the change in musical style introduces interest and I thought Matt's vocal was as strong as in any other song. Well I didn't notice any problem there, but there you go. As you say it's down to opinions. I want to watch it now.

[EDIT] Just watched the Glastonbury performance and I still don't know what you mean. I still got the same feeling, that kind of rising adrenalin as the performance was about to start. Strong, beautiful vocal and the song has an atmospheric, soothing, sensuous feel to it against the robotic style beat. And there was hardly any sight of the lasers on the tv recording. I think it is just down to taste.

Incidentally I think I enjoy it more live than recorded. Just to be awkward. :chuckle: No honestly, I do. :)

Undisclosed Desires doesn't work live because it's boring, plain and simple. Slow songs are one thing, but when they are boring as well I stop paying attention.

Undisclosed Desires doesn't work live because it's boring, plain and simple. Slow songs are one thing, but when they are boring as well I stop paying attention.

Well boring for you, doesn't mean they are boring for everyone.

...... like Unintended on the first album would work really well in a club setting, but it doesn’t always translate that well in the big venues

...and yet it still made an appearance at a couple of stadium shows last year and in 2007.

Disregard New Born and Stockholm Syndrome

Aquire Undisclosed Desires.

Haha yeah, their two best songs live in my opinion

[] <--- I'll put all my care in here, thank you very much.

Shame the box is too small for your ego.

...and yet it still made an appearance at a couple of stadium shows last year and in 2007.

I guess he just loves it so much that it doesn't matter.

But then why stop from playing songs like Dead Star and Space Dementia for the same reason?

MATT BELLAMY LOGIC!

The thing that bothers me about UD is that I honestly really do love it on the album, but it's just so flat live.

This

It's just the sound overall and his voice sounded weak live on it, but that's obviously opinions. Also I wouldn't call some slow moving lazers atmospheric but hey-ho

and this. His voice was strong and more emotional when I saw them in December, and I liked it. And I reckon it has a potential to get better as a live song. Whether it'd be still played is another thing, though. I'd welcome the song if they improved it, it's also one of my favourite songs on the record.

Archived