If you were to introduce muse to a friend. Which song would you show them

Andy muse

Well, usually Uprising. It's easy to grasp and a good basis if you want someone to get into Muse. Besides, everyone's heard it before at some point.

Then there's Starlight, the piano part is something people will remember.

Map of the Problematique is just fucking awesome no matter what, so I usally present that one as well (who wants music advice).

For motherly persons I would recommend songs like Unintended (that's just pure beautiful) and Undisclosed Desires. It may want to make them dance a bit, like my mother did. I know «motherly» is kind of a bad term.

Time Is Running Out is always a good choice. It's the most «un-Muse» song if you ask me, it sounds like it could have come from any rockband. That's a good one.

Showbiz (the album) is more melodramatic, no that's not quite right... more minor-based. So it might be hard for some people to grasp. My dad automatically stated Muse as a gloomy band because of that. Which I've never thought once! Just because their texts are not about love all the fucking time... :rolleyes: Anyway. That's a bit funny isn't it.

To my grandmother, who despises modern music, I think I would play United States of Eurasia, the last part... which is Chopin :rolleyes: I haven't done that yet.

Okay, rock fans: Most likely Hysteria. It's powerful.

Supermassive Black Hole for Twilight fans... maybe. I dunno.

I definitely would not start with Micro Cuts. :LOL: People will be appalled by it at first... even though it's one of my absolute favourites. It's a song that grows on you.

But of course, it all depens on the person. You don't know what they like. No-one in my family likes (hard) rock/metal, me neither... except for Muse :p. (Yeah, I know that's the definition of a «bad» fan.)

Edit: Sorry, I forgot Knights of Cydonia. It's also on Guitar Hero, is unique in it's own way and almost impossible to dislike for younger people. It has a cool rhythm that helps define the song. A great song for introducing people to the genious that is the band.

this is the order i gave songs/albums my now muser friends:

Uprising > Supermassive Black Hole > Starlight > Time Is Running Out > Plug In Baby > Dead Star > The Resistance > Origin Of Symmetry > Absolution > Showbiz > Black Holes & Revelations

All of my friends are musers :awesome:

Depends on that particul friend's musical taste. TR and accessible? I don't find it accessible at all as I can't really relate to the songs. But that's probably just me and my taste in music.

Anyway, most of my friends like the same music that I like, so giving them OOS and Absolution did the trick.

Depends on that particul friend's musical taste. TR and accessible? I don't find it accessible at all as I can't really relate to the songs. But that's probably just me and my taste in music.

Hmm, I think TR is accessible but then when I let my friend listen to it she said it didn't sound like Muse but generic, the songs she wasn't expected from Muse.

So I'd better go with Absolution which is my most favourite Muse album out of 5, to introduce Muse which I like the most.

Yesterday I showed my Mum some songs. I chose Starlight, TIRO, United States of Eurasia, MotP, MoyH, Guiding Light, Micro Cuts, I belong to you, Exogenesis II, Escape, Feeling Good, Hyper Chondriac Music, Neutron Star Collision, Sunburn and Can't take my eyes off you.

She's not very into Muse (yet), but she kinda likes those songs. But when she hears my ring tone (Citizen Erased), she's like "Gosh, that sounds horrible." Something must be wrong with her.

She's not very into Muse (yet), but she kinda likes those songs. But when she hears my ring tone (Citizen Erased), she's like "Gosh, that sounds horrible." Something must be wrong with her.

It could be due to a bad sound quality of a ring tone? Not a good way to introduce a song. Have you tried the proper one to her?

It could be due to a bad sound quality of a ring tone? Not a good way to introduce a song. Have you tried the proper one to her?

The quality is not that bad. I let her listen to the whole song, but it didn't help. It's too loud and fast and too much rock for her I guess.

It was Take A Bow that hooked me when i was 9 :):LOL:

I was sat there in the car screaming those lyrics.... :D

YEAHHHH!! :LOL:

I got hooked when I was 10ish to Take A Bow and Knights of Cydonia.

I was screaming "BEG, YOU WILL BEG FOR THEIR LIVES AND THEIR SOULS!" i can only imagine my parents reaction...:LOL:

When I introduced my best friend to Muse I started with Undisclosed Desires, Resistance, Feeling Good, Invincible...Gradually got heavier, but still none of them like Muse. They say "I liked the first few you showed me but that one? Hysteria? Too loud! and Plug In Baby? What about Cave? I hated those." I wanted to say "Fuck off you cunt" :LOL:

my friends are small-minded gaga fans :$

New Born is a very good shout.

I think it was Stockholm that started it for me though, so either of those really.

That's if they're into rock/metal like me though... if they were into pop then maybe Starlight / Uprising / Feeling Good.

Or more of a prog fan then maybe Citizen Erased / Butterflies / Micro Cuts.

• 1 month later...

Archived