Spectrum IV

Btw, anyone who can name where all the clips are from gets a present :awesome:

Challenge accepted :phu:

Cave - Malmö KB 2000

Feeling Good - Eurockeennes 2000

Resistance - A Seaside Rendezvous 2009

Unnatural Selection - Rock Am Ring 2010

Sing For Absolution - Zenith 2004

Sing For Absolution - Germany 2004 (Berlin?)

Ruled By Secrecy - Earls Court 2004

Showbiz - Le Zenith 2001

Invincible - Reading 2006

City Of Delusion - Denver 2006

B4 - Leeds Festival 2011

Hyper Music - Some TV show (Top Of The Pops maybe?) 2001

I'm gonna be honest I guessed quite a few because I couldn't be arsed searching to see if I was right :chuckle:

Both really impressive videos. In City of Delusion in Sippe's video I could almost hear him going "fuck it I'm just going for it this time".

When I tried singing CoD, I found it really difficult to come back in with "justify my....." after that insane "I will aveeeeeeeeng". It's like it pulls the life out of you! :LOL:

Oh wow, looking back at my old posts from when I couldn't pitch my own notes <3

But anyway, just finished this, thought it might be interesting to some. It's 100% live material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyDDKcNJ6lU

Oh and excuse the lame cutting and editing, I didn't have the patience to put down any real effort into it other than to look through around 20 bootlegs to find a version of RBS where he did the whole thing like on the album. No luck :(

Great vid but... no Sunburn from Turin? :(

Very cool video!! :)

Where was that last bit from where he's goofing off? Is that from "Hey you crazy kids"?

Indeed it was.

Cave - Malmö KB 2000

Showbiz - Le Zenith 2001

B4 - Leeds Festival 2011

I'm gonna be honest I guessed quite a few because I couldn't be arsed searching to see if I was right :chuckle:

7 or 8 correct :awesome:

Great video Spectrum! It helped me find my range as well. F/G3 to B5, although if I actually warmed up it probably could be better.

My mum thinks it's strange that I'm a soprano singer, yet my talking voice is really low.

Range rarely correlates with voice type. You can be an alto and still have a great upper range.

Great vid but... no Sunburn from Turin? :(
¨

Ew, god no.

Cave - Malmö KB 2000

Showbiz - Le Zenith 2001

B4 - Leeds Festival 2011

Hm, at work so I'll try to correct:

Cave - Malmö KB 2000

Sing For Absolution - Austria 2003

Sing For Absolution - Germany 2003

Showbiz - Le Zenith 2001

B4 - Leeds Festival 2011

And Sippe, I'll see if I can find something on my HDD when I get home. I've also searched for early RBS versions where he does that note in chest voice, but haven't had any luck.

Hm, at work so I'll try to correct:

Cave - Malmö KB 2000

Showbiz - Le Zenith 2001

B4 - Leeds Festival 2011

And Sippe, I'll see if I can find something on my HDD when I get home. I've also searched for early RBS versions where he does that note in chest voice, but haven't had any luck.

The ones in bold are correct :awesome:

The ones in bold are correct :awesome:

Ok, I'll listen again once I get home. The two first should be easy enough finding out atleast. :p

Edit:

Think I'm pretty close now...

Cave - Malmö KB 2000

Resistance - Glastonbury 2010 (My second guess)

Unnatural Selection - A Seaside Rendezvous 2009 (Easy because of vocal filters - Atleast a 09' gig)

Ruled by Secrecy - Zenith 2004 (Had this on my harddrive... Think it's very identical to yours)

Showbiz - Le Zenith 2001

B4 - Leeds Festival 2011

Ok, I'll listen again once I get home. The two first should be easy enough finding out atleast. :p

Edit:

Think I'm pretty close now...

Cave - Malmö KB 2000

Resistance - Glastonbury 2010 (My second guess)

Unnatural Selection - A Seaside Rendezvous 2009 (Easy because of vocal filters - Atleast a 09' gig)

Ruled by Secrecy - Zenith 2004 (Had this on my harddrive... Think it's very identical to yours)

Showbiz - Le Zenith 2001

B4 - Leeds Festival 2011

You got them all! You even got a bonus one, I can't remember having two RBS in there... :LOL:

Looked fast through my harddrive now and I think you've covered it pretty well... I've got a many G4, some G#4, a few A4 and a B4 that I can remember but you've got songs with all those notes anyway so...

Yep, Bellamy hits those G4s quite a lot. Plug In Baby and Uprising says hello :LOL:

I have now looked through every bootleg of RBS on muselive between 2003 and 2008. I think it's time to give up :(

Yeah, I think I could've told you already ^^ Dunno how many I looked through but atleast quite a few. That's why I had Zenith 2004 lying in my incredibly messy Muse Live folder :p

Oh god, that's awful. Where's it from? He did the same at Orleans 2004. Discovered at the same time that the legendary Fury with falsetto in last chorus was most likely because he had a crap day at work. Nevertheless, it sounded good.
It's actually from Zenith 2004.

I kinda miss the effects on his vocals, especially in moments like this. He could back out on a note, but still make it sound cool. Matt's falsetto under a few layers of effects=pretty damn effectful. Right now it just sounds weak unless he gives it 100%

EDIT: Just to make clear, it would probably sound just as weak back in the day if he did it without effects.

It's actually from Zenith 2004.

I kinda miss the effects on his vocals, especially in moments like this. He could back out on a note, but still make it sound cool. Matt's falsetto under a few layers of effects=pretty damn effectful. Right now it just sounds weak unless he gives it 100%

EDIT: Just to make clear, it would probably sound just as weak back in the day if he did it without effects.

Funny because Orleans and Zenith were the days after one another. Makes sense with poor vocals both gigs then.

Yup, people seem to overrate his falsetto back in the days because of the vocal effects. I'd rate his Wembley 2010 Bliss falsetto over Earl's Court even though it doesn't sound as 'powerful'.

Not sure if Matt is trying to prove a point or if it's just a stylistic choice, but bring back the distortion vocals please...except on Stockholm Syndrome. God I hate how much distortion he used on that.

Assassin(DMG) live is the perfect example of how the effects adds so much to the song <3

Not sure if Matt is trying to prove a point or if it's just a stylistic choice, but bring back the distortion vocals please...except on Stockholm Syndrome. God I hate how much distortion he used on that.

Assassin(DMG) live is the perfect example of how the effects adds so much to the song <3

Agreed. Even the start of the TR-tour had alot more vocal effects than 2010 ->. I kinda like the distortion on SS though ^^ EC ftw :awesome: Btw, Assassin needs to find its way back to the setlists. We should do a petition of some sort before the next tour :p

Agreed. Even the start of the TR-tour had alot more vocal effects than 2010 ->. I kinda like the distortion on SS though ^^ EC ftw :awesome: Btw, Assassin needs to find its way back to the setlists. We should do a petition of some sort before the next tour :p

How about a setlist poll?! :awesome:

....oh wait.

Archived