Video: Matt's vocal range

Spectrum IV

Hi all :)

I've just finished a video that goes fairly in-depth into Matt's vocal range. I put a lot of work into this, so I hope the mods don't mind me promoting this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYnCbCMC4Fw

Enjoy!

Note: The images are from this board. I have tried to find who posted them but was unsuccessful. If you want me to take them down, let me know and I will. Otherwise, give me your name and I'll credit you in the video. :)

That must have taken you ages!!! I really enjoyed that.... :)

Though I don't understand the naming of the notes, quite an impressive record of Matt's vocals:) though I imagine that some of the recorded harmonies can be manipulated in the recording process.

Made me giggle that you ended with one where he was messing about.

Anyway, nice, thanks for posting! :happy:

Great work. No highest note from Overture though? Or is D5 really as high as he goes in that song?

Yep. Lots of D's and C#'s, but nothing higher as far as I can tell.

Though I don't understand the naming of the notes, quite an impressive record of Matt's vocals:) though I imagine that some of the recorded harmonies can be manipulated in the recording process.

Well... the high falsetto in Uprising has clearly been tampered with, I only included it to provide some perspective. Apart from that, the other harmonies sound natural to me. :)

Cool and all, but 18 mins into which note he can hit? Or at least, at some point in the last 12 years, could hit.

It varies from day to day no doubt anyway and he doesn't seem like he wants to try it anymore, for obvious reasons, gotta keep yourself fresh for the commercial value.

• 2 weeks later...
That was great! Well done! :)

I have no knowledge on this subject at all really...i was wondering what the numbers mean? For example the '4' in City of Delusions' A4 note.

the numbers designate which octave the note is…

idk how helpful this chart will be but basically the higher the number the higher in pitch the note is.

namingoctaves.gif

Archived