Glenn Beck Fears Muse’s Grammy Performance Was ‘a Call for Revolution’

Discoprincess32

This guy is douche bag American #1 (followed uber closely byt #1 1/2 Sarah Palin)

I didn't know if I should add this to the existing Grammy thread, the existing Glenn Beck thread or start a new one, so do with this what you want. Here it is:

If there's anything Glenn Beck loves more than Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, it's the British rock band Muse. "Amazing," he tweeted about their last album. "These guys are right on the money. Lyrics on target, talent off the charts. They 'get it'." Now, though, Beck finds himself in the awkward position of renouncing his love, since Muse's performance at the Grammys last night included dancing protesters and the famous picture taken of Prince Charles and Camilla while their car was attacked by students in London. "You have basically a call for revolution by this group," said Beck on his radio show this morning, though he added helpfully, "Now you have to remember that these are Europeans and they have been degraded for a very long time, really since the beginning of time. They have had very few glimpses of real freedom." [HuffPo]

source: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/02/glenn_beck_muse.html

He supported them when the album came out and played Uprising.

Their management emailed him and asked him not to do that, as they didn't want to be associated with such a retard./backstory.

No that's not true. It was just media spin by Glen Beck I think. Neither Muse nor their management paid any attention to him. It was only when it was brought up in an interview that Matt commented that he understood some of Beck's views were rather undesirable (or something like that) but that anyone could listen to their music.

I know Glen Beck is a nutter, but I really do hope that Americans don't genuinely think that the Brits regard themselves as 'European'. Culturally, historically etc, it's just a very simplistic thing to say.

oh and lol obviously

Well I'm British and I like to regard myself as European. :) I just think Europe, as a whole, has so much more to offer. I think we're too close to the Americans politically and culturally.

Even though, saying that, I have some great American friends on here. :) I don't know why but, just by accident, it's mainly Americans I have become friendly with.

Well I'm British and I like to regard myself as European. :) I just think Europe, as a whole, has so much more to offer. I think we're too close to the Americans politically and culturally.

There's a difference between the EU and "European".

As for American/British culture, we did once rule them, British culture is very much the heart of American culture, regardless of however much they like to think of it as their own (Which is almost a bit cute :chuckle:).

Who the fuck is Glenn Beck? :erm::LOL:

i personally don't know but he's an american criticising europe? AHAHAHAHA :LOL:

He's a massive, MASSIVE tool on American radio, totally right-wing and if he were taken seriously he'd be akin to Nick Griffin of the BNP here in the UK, or the Teabagging party in the US.

There's a difference between the EU and "European".

As for American/British culture, we did once rule them, British culture is very much the heart of American culture, regardless of however much they like to think of it as their own (Which is almost a bit cute :chuckle:).

Yeah I wasn't really talking about the EU. I was just talking generally. There are language barriers in Europe, but I enjoy diversity. :) I suppose politically I feel more affiliated with European than American ideals. I'm proud to be European! :)

Though saying that, what is the European Song Contest about?! That sheds doubt on my affiliation! :LOL:

Also actually I would distance myself as far as possible from statements like "we did once rule them". Shudder! :LOL:

Yeah I wasn't really talking about the EU. I was just talking generally. There are language barriers in Europe, but I enjoy diversity. :) I suppose politically I feel more affiliated with European than American ideals. I'm proud to be European! :)

Though saying that, what is the European Song Contest about?! That sheds doubt on my affiliation! :LOL:

Also actually I would distance myself as far as possible from statements like "we did once rule them". Shudder! :LOL:

Proud to be from the worst continent ever to exist in human history?

I'm not saying I enjoy diversity, just have no concept of a united Europe or feel any affiliation with any of the countries in that. That's why I'd regard myself as British rather than European.

You can't distance yourself from fact either. The USA's independence from Britain was more out of necessity than any real desire to be separate from Britain.

There's just more a tie between Britain & the USA than Britain and the rest of Europe as we mostly tended to kill each other.

Archived