Even his chest voice is fine. Compare it to his voice in
where you could hear that it was actually rather forced, whereas his voice now just comes naturally and sounds - in my opinion - more relaxed and more pleasant too.

agreed, I think his voice has only gotten better.

He didn't to too well on the final chest voice notes on Resistance on the past 3 gigs, and i'm a little dissapointed he didn't attempt the top falsetto note in Megalomania...but apart from that he's sounds as good as ever to me! On the U2 tour he sounded brilliant.

I'd like to know what CVI is too :)

His voice is fine. He just needs to use more energy, and maybe get a few CVI lessons.

But overall, I'm happy with how he sounds. :)

It does sound better than ever, but it doesn't change the fact he seems to be avoiding difficult notes more often than ever before.

I don't see why Matt would need this.

His lows are better than ever (honestly, what's with the Megalomania beef, he used to suck at singing low anyway!), and his highs are still damn good if you listen to the 2010 Bliss falsetto or ANY high stuff he's been singing. He's just quit doing the frantic high wailing which shows that he's actually more aware of the influence of his vocal spaffing such as that done on Micro Cuts. To be honest, while some people think it sounds awesome, to me it just sounded like Guinea Pigs being barbecued slowly and screaming their lungs out.

I don't see why Matt would need this.

His lows are better than ever (honestly, what's with the Megalomania beef, he used to suck at singing low anyway!), and his highs are still damn good if you listen to the 2010 Bliss falsetto or ANY high stuff he's been singing. He's just quit doing the frantic high wailing which shows that he's actually more aware of the influence of his vocal spaffing such as that done on Micro Cuts. To be honest, while some people think it sounds awesome, to me it just sounded like Guinea Pigs being barbecued slowly and screaming their lungs out.

:noey: I could understand having that sentiment for the verses in a song like Micro Cuts, but if you lower singing in the chorus at all then it sounds nowhere near as epic.

I didn't think his falsetto was all that bad in Columbus last year... :unsure: I mean, he definitely doesn't use it as much anymore but I don't think it's ~terrible when he does use it. Maybe his voice is getting tired? I dunno.

Exactly my point. I think the original creator of this thread was not hindered by any musical knowledge. And then there's people coming in here bullshitting. Matt's falsetto, if anything, has become better, because it's a lot less screaming. Okay, if people prefer screaming, that's fine, but there's nothing wrong with his falsetto.

I prefer his falsetto in this version of New Born.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G52IAtCRxw

5 mins 30 seconds in.

...But you should watch the whole thing because in my opinion it's one of the best versions of the song.

wow...the resistance tour would be so awesome if it was like this the whole time...no visuals...just pure music and some lights...they play and sound much better without the visuals...

wow...the resistance tour would be so awesome if it was like this the whole time...no visuals...just pure music and some lights...they play and sound much better without the visuals...

You know, pretty visuals can be combined with good sound. I hope you don't buy that shit about the stage design and visuals restricting them from having variation in setlists...

Look at Porcupine Tree or Tool. Those bands are awesome live and have a show based on visuals! Doesn't stop them from being awesome.

Then you have bands like the Foo Fighters who do not need visuals because their performance is interesting enough without it. Muse's performance is not thát interesting imho, so the visuals add to the show.

Exactly my point. I think the original creator of this thread was not hindered by any musical knowledge. And then there's people coming in here bullshitting. Matt's falsetto, if anything, has become better, because it's a lot less screaming. Okay, if people prefer screaming, that's fine, but there's nothing wrong with his falsetto.

Ahh, sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah, you're right on all points there imo. :LOL:

You know, pretty visuals can be combined with good sound. I hope you don't buy that shit about the stage design and visuals restricting them from having variation in setlists...

No, all I meant was that when there is a minimum of visuals, the music comes out much more pure...and the guys seem to be rocking out much more...but that's just the effect it has on me..

Archived