• 2 months later...
Seems like a good excuse to revive this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56gARkca6bY

See exactly a minute in, an A5 followed by a very quick B5... Matt's highest note to date.

haha, love it.

Now if he could actually hold that for longer than half a second, i'd be impressed.

I liked matt's voice in Showbiz and Origin more, simply because it sounded more raw and insane.

Don't get me wrong, his voice at the moment is beyond incredible. But he sounds more reserved when he sings, which i suppose is better for him if he wants to keep his voice in good shape.

His TR voice is definetley better than his BHaR voice, but the OoS/Hullaballoo/Absolution vocal is the best.

True that. In general his voice has remained pretty good through all the albums, but it is sad he probs couldn't sing Micro Cuts like back in the day.

His range probably isn't going to be as high or as easy to reach nowadays, but it's still really impressive and his voice has just gotten so much stronger, especially the lower range. Good singing does not just mean hitting the high notes.

Personally, I prefer his voice now then in the past albums.

^It kind of does. It sounded like it might have possibly been a Kaoss morph.

nah it wasn't, his hand was down too low on the frets for it wo have been the guitar.

Hmm yeah you're right. I was thinking it might have been the Kaoss pad, but it really was his voice. :) Is that really his highest note to date? It's not a very hard note to hit if you belt it.

^It kind of does. It sounded like it might have possibly been a Kaoss morph.

Hmm yeah you're right. I was thinking it might have been the Kaoss pad, but it really was his voice. :) Is that really his highest note to date? It's not a very hard note to hit if you belt it.

Do you have any idea of what you're talking about? :p

Meh, technically I feel like it shouldn't count since he was just yelling "Woo!"...and not singing. To be fair though, judging by the stream and the videos, his voice was pretty on point that night.

In that case, most of his high notes doesn't count.

Why wouldn't it, curiously. Yelling "woo" isn't really what id consider using falsetto.

Why not? I'd agree if he just hit some notes without any intention of doing so, but that is clearly a controlled scream which is no less singing than the high part in Showbiz or Bliss. Or does it matter if he makes an "aaah" or a "wooh" sound?

Why not? I'd agree if he just hit some notes without any intention of doing so, but that is clearly a controlled scream which is no less singing than the high part in Showbiz or Bliss. Or does it matter if he makes an "aaah" or a "wooh" sound?

A controlled scream? I'm just commenting that it sounds like a yell that he would usually do during Time Is Running Out. I do feel like he is hitting a note without intentionally doing so though, but we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

A controlled scream? I'm just commenting that it sounds like a yell that he would usually do during Time Is Running Out. I do feel like he is hitting a note without intentionally doing so though, but we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Yes, a controlled scream. It does sound like a yell that he would usually do, but that still doesn't mean that it shouldn't count :p

If it's the intention that is the problem, why are you arguing about the yelling "woo" part? Like I said, is there any difference between yelling "woo" and yelling "aaah" which he does in so many songs.

Just because someone is yelling doesn't mean they aren't using falsetto, and definitely not that they aren't singing. It's a note, he hits it.

Yes, a controlled scream. It does sound like a yell that he would usually do, but that still doesn't mean that it shouldn't count :p

If it's the intention that is the problem, why are you arguing about the yelling "woo" part? Like I said, is there any difference between yelling "woo" and yelling "aaah" which he does in so many songs.

Just because someone is yelling doesn't mean they aren't using falsetto, and definitely not that they aren't singing. It's a note, he hits it.

Would it not take more effort of the "aah" part than the other, especially during the times that he holds the "ahh" for a long period of time?

Would it not take more effort of the "aah" part than the other, especially during the times that he holds the "ahh" for a long period of time?

Yes, how long he holds a note definitely matters! But it's not like for example the Showbiz scream is G#5 all the way through. He hits the note for a shorter period than the TIRO performance with the A5 and B5. Tbh, I think that beats most of the other notes in terms of time, even if the scream is longer.

And which one is easier doesn't really matter. It's still the same thing.

EDIT: After some thinking, not 100% sure of the length of the G#5 in Showbiz, but anyway!

Archived