I was going to repost that since I wasn't sure about B&H, oops. :p

But yeah, I just re-watched Bliss at Wembley on the 11th. He hits the G5 beautifully and sustains it for a couple of second.

Well, still doesn't change my statement. Matt hits the note in KoC as the first song of the night, but after that you can't really rely on it. If Bliss is played late in the set(if it is even played) there will probably not be any G5, or falsetto part at all.

I wouldn't call once every show(for what, two seconds?) on a regular basis.

Well, still doesn't change my statement. Matt hits the note in KoC as the first song of the night, but after that you can't really rely on it. If Bliss is played late in the set(if it is even played) there will probably not be any G5, or falsetto part at all.

I wouldn't call once every show(for what, two seconds?) on a regular basis.

Isn't KoC usually the closer? :p And he's hit the G5 pretty much every time this tour iirc.

Well, to repeat what a bunch of other people said his recent Bliss falsetto has been very good, at least from my point of view. He also hits a G5 in the final chorus of Uprising, where he's layered a couple of vocal tracks. One of them is in falsetto, you can see it here.

Well, the Uprising falsetto seems very computer-ish to me. My guess is they've just pitched it up. On the other hand, I think his falsetto is even more beautiful now. Not as sharp and raw as before, but much more unique and theatrical. That goes for the Bliss falsetto and end of B&H, especially from Wembley.

Maybe he just had a bad night...?

No, it's only natural that he'll have a harder time hit the falsetto as his voice matures. In my opinion, some songs sound even better now than they did orginally. In example; Ruled By Secrecy, TIRO, Unintended, Citizen Erased. This probably goes for other songs aswell if he would come to his senses and start playing them :noey:

The downside is that he probably won't be able to sing the high notes as he once did, which maybe (not sure) makes him unable to sing songs like Showbiz, Micro Cuts atleast.

Listen to Glastonbury's New Born the

"Soulless is everywhere" right before the guitar comes in. Looks like Matt's straining to sing that.

Of course voices change over time as people age, not necessarily for the worse

Edit: 2010's Glastonbury

It does?

I think Matt's voice has become worse since 2007.

It really bugs me hearing recent live performances of songs like Supermassive Black Hole (Glastonbury 2010 version was awful :eek:), New Born, Plug in Baby, Starlight or Take a Bow. It seems like his voice has to make an incredible effort to hit those falsetto notes, and he often cuts the words and sings them awfully.

Well, I know his voice is getting older, so I can't blame him.

However, he still hits some falsetto notes magnificently, in songs like Knights of Cydonia, Citizen Erased, Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome and Bliss.

And finally, we all know that his voice was surely tired after a 15-month-tour, so the best way to test his voice is to check out Muse gigs in Soth America during the upcoming spring.

PS: Sorry for my bad English. :(

You were supposed to leave this thread in shame? :LOL:

Anyway, to me it sounds like Matt isn't even trying to sing it from very high.

That's what it seems to me aswell. Back during the Absolution tour, I don't think he ever thought about preserving his voice for upcoming gigs. He really gave it his all in every song without really caring if his voice breaks during a note and it sounded really alive. Now, he seems to be holding back during most songs except for B&H, Bliss, KoC and maybe some others.

Mmmmh, the voices of everyone changes through lives, don't they? He sings what he is able to sing and that is fine and still epic ;) (not like withney housten or several other singers :rolleyes:). The voice is richer now and less acute. Even though it sounds like he has improved his breathing technique. Every Muse epoche has it's own flair in my opinion. Btw I think also my voice is deeper now with my age of 24 as it was when I was 18. But I don't think he will loose his falsetto at all because he is a professional singer and is able to train it :)

basement matt :chuckle:

Well, the Uprising falsetto seems very computer-ish to me. My guess is they've just pitched it up. On the other hand, I think his falsetto is even more beautiful now. Not as sharp and raw as before, but much more unique and theatrical. That goes for the Bliss falsetto and end of B&H, especially from Wembley.

:wtf:

Archived