jonharwood

Should Muse Management help me out?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should Muse Management help me out?

• Yes
    • No

Hi there to all,

sad news :( , while away over the festive period, unfortunately lost our full collection of signed Muse album covers (including Hullabaloo) which were framed on display in our house as a 'complete' set to some sticky fingered burglar type person...

...these album covers were an absolute treasure to both myself and my wife who over many years of following Muse around the UK to attend gigs had taken the time to get them signed by the band.

Have been trying to get in touch with someone who may be able to find a way to get a new set signed to replace the ones which we have, but as yet have had NO luck :(

Anyone got any ideas/be able to help on how we may reach Muse/their management (we have emailed Warner Music records, but are yet to receive a response ... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

Oh no, so sorry to read this. I would be absolutely devastated to be in your shoes! You could try to contact Tom Kirk through the contact info here on the board, and explain the situation to him...that may work. It will be interesting to watch e-bay now to see whether your originals appear on there. Sorry.

thanks, more than anything else just want these covers replaced - it signified 11 years of following muse, and many memories for both myself and wife (all the great times at Muse gigs).

I also lost other signed music stuff incl. signed biffy clyro album covers, full set (recently disbanded) supergrass album covers, signed greenday American Idiot LP, signed Blink 182 album disc - Dude Ranch, x1 kings of Leon signed cover, hand signed KOL & Radiohead promo pictures along with a hand full of signed singles.

Ebay is a good reference point I guess, to see if I notice anything - however I am not paying to replace these items - anyhow, it was not the monetary value of the lost items but the sentimenal importance these items held for us...

:(

It will be interesting to watch e-bay now to see whether your originals appear on there. Sorry

It seems likely that they'll be put on ebay. I guess if you see the seller with all your signed stuff, it's likely that they're the culprit.

Contacting Kirky is a good idea, as said before. He may be able to arrange something

still waiting for some sort of response from Muse management with regards to maybe them helping me out to get the stolen covers replaced ...

... waiting patiently, but with fingers crossed hoping that they can help.

It is the only way which I am going to be able to replace the stolen covers :(

I think it is easy to forget just how much time is spent by fans waiting for the opportunity to get their stuff signed. All of the items that were lost not only had a significant sentimental value to us, but represented hours of our lives, waiting out in all weathers at back doors, of band entrances etc, etc to get that 'wanted' autograph.

really hurts that someone could just take all that without second though to make a bit of illegal cash, just how low are some people?

problem that I have is that they were signed album covers, and it is very hard to prove that any covers which appear on Ebay (potentially) are the ones which I have lost, most signed covers looked like ... uh signed covers. My covers were just signatures - no defining scribbles or marks etc.

If by any miracle I somehow get these replaced, they shall be security tagged (on rear), listed as valuable items on my home insurance (after having them valued) - that is the problem with the insurance I can't prove how much they are actually worth - and therefore can't pay/buy new ones.

I am currently also investigating a alarm system for my house, to protect anything which is replaced or I gather in the future...

oh, the good news is though that two of the band's which I lost signed memorabilia for have agreed to send me re-signed items to cover the loss which I experienced over the new year.

Glad to hear that. I'm quite sure that Muse Management will give you what you want. What happened to you is horrible.

Definitely contact any music memoriabilia company or sales outfit. I'm sure they have security measures and procedures to help catch them if they try to advertise or sell your stuff.

Again, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Good luck on getting replacements and let us know how it goes.

Just curious, was other stuff taken during the break-in or just your music stuff? Are the police investigating?

looked like a normal break in, other stuff was taken but just consumer goods (the usual) etc. No, it didn't look like a specific break in to target music memorabilia.

It is a little harder to find replacements for things like music memorabilia as you can't necessarily just go down the shops and replace it/the items lost.

Archived