How did Matt get the title od Doctor?

vinya12

There's a great picture of them in their regalia! :LOL: Something they were intensely embarrassed about. :LOL:

I very much agree with Matt that they don't really deserve a doctorate. Not because they're not amazing musicians but if the amount of work is comparible to a doctorate in something else, it's extremely intensive.

Not that someone with a doctorate would be able to achieve what they have. I can't remember any people with doctorates in music becoming rock musicians. It's just different.

There's a great picture of them in their regalia! :LOL: Something they were intensely embarrassed about. :LOL:

I very much agree with Matt that they don't really deserve a doctorate. Not because they're not amazing musicians but if the amount of work is comparible to a doctorate in something else, it's extremely intensive.

Not that someone with a doctorate would be able to achieve what they have. I can't remember any people with doctorates in music becoming rock musicians. It's just different.

Honorary degree aren't generally given out to people who are worthy of them though.

They're given to people who are famous enough. They're kind of meaningless, really.

Honorary degree aren't generally given out to people who are worthy of them though.

They're given to people who are famous enough. They're kind of meaningless, really.

Kinda like when someone dies and then they automatically win the next Grammy, Oscar, whathaveyou award?

What about Brian May? He has a doctorate in astrophysics... pretty impressive stuff!

You're also not technically allowed to call yourself Dr.

Really? I didn't know that.

Well how would you feel if you worked for 3-5 years to get a PhD (or 6 years to be the medical kind of doctor) and anyone who gets handed an honoury degree can use the title you worked hard to get? I know I'd be pissed :LOL:

Well how would you feel if you worked for 3-5 years to get a PhD (or 6 years to be the medical kind of doctor) and anyone who gets handed an honoury degree can use the title you worked hard to get? I know I'd be pissed :LOL:

Yeah, makes sense. But imagine how stupid Matt or any rock star would look if they started actually using the unearned title of doctor :noey:

Archived