Exogenesis - Full Symphony Live?

aep1974

Yes - LA Sept 26. Parts 2 and 3, piano only/no vocals. Sadly none of us were recording but there were several of us creeping outside a door to listen. :LOL:

He was just messing around on the piano and then randomly started part 2. When we realized what was going on, everything just...stopped. He also did B&H piano solo and some piano from AP.

I like how the songs they soundcheck are better than a lot of the ones they play in their set, lol.

Also it makes me sad :(

Maybe they would be able to do it at some kind of joint concert, rather than their own, where there's an orchestra laid on. Something like Proms in the Park. It would be amazing to hear it.

That would be good . It's probably the most likely as they wouldn't have to get their own orchestra, which would be difficult for a tour. I imagine them playing it at a charity gig for some reason, or another one off event

It'd be interesting to see all of the EGS performed live, as people have stated it would be hard to perform it sounds like something that would be on the bonus features of a dvd or you'd see on a tv show, I couldn't imagine it being performed at a regular gig (not that muse do what you'd call regular gigs) :LOL:

I do think it would be so great to hear all three parts live. I don't know what happened to the orchestra idea because I can remember hearing an interview with Chris where he said that they were rehearsing with an orchestra the following day. I can also remember him saying to me when I asked that they'd have concerns with logistics if they toured with an orchestra. Maybe it was this or just the budget that put an end to this idea. Still a one off gig or a few at one venue would work well, especially if they sell as a DVD or get this onto television. Would be amazing...!

It's a bad idea, they shouldn't do it.

It's the most beautiful thing they've ever written, and it would be slaughtered live.

SO what you're saying is they suck live?

They played B&H non-stop for years, and it is no harder than any of the 3 parts. Overture is probably the hardest, and it got played a handful of times. With all the hype around the 3 ballads it essentially is people think it is some death defying feat to play it. It isn't. And they don't need an orchestra, they've used backing tracks and morgan for years.

My only problem with Exogenesis live was that it sounded incredibly bad. It was incredibly distorted, which doesn't work when you're meant to be listening to an orchestra, and that meant I couldn't even properly hear it at times...

I love the Symphony on the album, but wasn't really a fan of hearing Part 1 live. It's not something you can sing along too. It's not something you can sway your phone too. It's just...there.

I'm guessing you've never witnessed breathtaking music.

I could stand still during a whole concert and still not be bored. Music doesn't have to be catchy.

Overture + Uprising was a really good opener imo. Exo was breathtaking and the mood was almost magic. One of the greatest moments from the concert. Then, suddenly, Uprising started playing and everyone went crazy. It was epic!

On topic, I would love to hear the full symphony live, but only if it's done well. For some reason I doubt that they could do it without ruining it, but that might just be me.

I have no doubt in their ability. I loved hearing Part 1 live but they did rely heavily on Morgan, etc, to generate the orchestral sound and emphasise the vocals so understand why they limited it to this part only. To benefit from the full impact of this symphony would be to hear this performed by a live orchestra. This sound would be absolutely stunning!

SO what you're saying is they suck live?

They played B&H non-stop for years, and it is no harder than any of the 3 parts. Overture is probably the hardest, and it got played a handful of times. With all the hype around the 3 ballads it essentially is people think it is some death defying feat to play it. It isn't. And they don't need an orchestra, they've used backing tracks and morgan for years.

What I'm saying is that unlike B&H, Exogenesis needs perfect sound.

Not a gasping-for-breath, nasal Matt, off-putting live backing vocals from Chris and deviant mixes. It would totally ruin the piece. Overture was almost destroyed when they played it in Copenhagen, it sounded terrible.

What I'm saying is that unlike B&H, Exogenesis needs perfect sound.

Not a gasping-for-breath, nasal Matt, off-putting live backing vocals from Chris and deviant mixes. It would totally ruin the piece. Overture was almost destroyed when they played it in Copenhagen, it sounded terrible.

That's because Parken has shit acoustics.

• 3 weeks later...
If I'm honest I only really care about them playing Part 3 live.

This

I agree with what many have stated though, I think it would only be really good if they could actually get a group of musicians to perform the orchestra parts, but it probably wouldn't sound that good in a stadium or arena :erm:

I wish they would play it with an orchestra, together with USoE, UD and possibly other songs that lends itself to an orchestra, and at something more serious than a "standard" concert, where you sit/stand and not jump around like crazy and shout etc. Muse deserves better than that I think.

.... I agree with the people saying it would probably be hard to play live...

I think it's a piece that just wouldn't be the same live, with all the noise from the fans, and where would they even put the orchestra? :p

If they ever did the whole thing live it would either be awesome or suck really badly, I don't think there could be a middle ground... I think it's more of a just on the album thing, but I kind of hope that they would play the whole thing live and it would be awesome....

I think I just totally contradicted myself there.

• 2 months later...

Archived