How do you like that triamp? br00tal enough?

anyways, I just bought some Adam A7's. Just waiting for my "education edition" mbox to come in so i can get my mix on.

p1010070ayy.jpg

that is the only available desk i could find in my parents house. I'll get some stands when i move back to ny.

Nice, and yeah, more than enough br00tals. How are the Oranges?

lovin' the oranges. especially the ad30 + my LP. the rocker 30 handles my asat much better than my LP or SG. I thought it would be the other way around. Once I get my mbox in, I am going to do a remix of one of my bands songs. I am going to use the old bass, piano & vox tracks, the new drum tracks, and retrack the guitars with my oranges. Mix it together and drop some random stuff in there too. It is gonna be nuts.

How do you like that triamp? br00tal enough?

anyways, I just bought some Adam A7's. Just waiting for my "education edition" mbox to come in so i can get my mix on.

p1010070ayy.jpg

that is the only available desk i could find in my parents house. I'll get some stands when i move back to ny.

i have A7's, great speakers. make sure you get decent cables from your interface to the speakers, i had cheapo ones and it actually made a very audible difference

the ones that you get from guitar center? haha

they're pretty good cables.

yeah those ones. I didn't feel like ordering cables online so I went to GC. I use livewires for guitar and speaker cables because they sound good and if they break i just bring them to gc and replace them. The salesman tried to push mogami gold on me. I told him to take that trash away from me.

yeah those ones. I didn't feel like ordering cables online so I went to GC. I use livewires for guitar and speaker cables because they sound good and if they break i just bring them to gc and replace them. The salesman tried to push mogami gold on me. I told him to take that trash away from me.

haha yes, after a certain (quite low) price level, cables dont seem to provide any audible gain for the added price :) seems as though as long as you dont go for the cheapest, thinnest, dirtiest cables out there it'll be ok.

I know one of those hosa patch cables which was on my pedalboard is in my speaker setup somewhere :facepalm:

you're using an instrument cable as a speaker cable? if so, how many watts are you pushing through it? that can be kinda dangerous/fire hazard

Just my computer speakers, didn't think it made a difference?

im not sure i understand what you mean with that, but because instrument cables have a relatively high resistance, they arent suitable for use with high powered amplifiers as speaker cables (as in, from the power amp to the speaker). 'cause of their higher resistance to speaker cables, they can get hot and melt/set fire to stuff.

having said that, i assume you mean you're using your patch cable for your computer speakers? in which case you're probably fine as i suppose they are powered speakers(?) or at least quite low power anyway(?)

my first pedal boardd :D

its a diago showman board, and i love it. even came with heavy duty velcro, so you know its good.

and might buy 6 boss pedals in a boss case, with a power supply in it for £150, sounds pretty good, maybe a little too good :/

pics soon

which pedals are in it?

i dont quite know, all i want is a delay and distortion, but the more the merrier.

i know theres an acoustic sim, a delay of some kind, and a metal zone, but i will sell the metal zone. reallllly dont like that sound, and buy a rat/satchurator.

i think for that much though im lucky getting 6 pedals, a case and a power supply

intewresting.

The thing with speaker cables ^^ I've been using standard cables, even though I know it's wrong, for years and years. My guitarist used a guitar lead for his half stack for a good 5 yeard with no problems at all. It's not sensible, but I would say spontaneous cable combustion is unlikely.

Archived