lol you got an axe fx ultra and you're not using it for the modelling? i'd say thats a little backwards

im gonna use it for the fx, ill let me amp the tones tbh just having a play now the amp models are good to very good, they funtion like tube amps. If you roll the volume down on the guitar it acts like it should, very nice.

Just got my hands on a used axe fx ultra. Ill post a few videos later but im just having a play with it now and its very good the fx are great, not really going to use the amp model's but the fx seem to cover everything i can think of

nice, i've heard really good things about those.

and now with pictures :awesome:

sexy matt, although does anyone else think some bass amps look a bit toy like? :p

No Matt, that looks sexy

whammy !

Keep it on topic please.

I want the 10" speakers for using mic's.

Not worried about phase; both the same number of ohms, and matched speakers for the amp (plus.. my luthier wouldn't sell dodgy shit)

The 15" for jizzing low on stage

I wanted to get rid of 4x10" because of the size / weight issues

there :awesome:

Apparently you can get more low end out of some 4 x 10" rigs than you would out of 2 x 15"s.

I thought your 15 was going to be a bigger cab than the 2 x 10" which is why I thought you should have gone for another 2 x 10", but they're the same size, which is cool. If you have a read around on basschat there's lots of scientific discussion about why different sized drivers shouldn't be used together. I have no problems using my 2 x 10" and 15" though.

Your rig's looking sweet!

Can't your rig do that? Or did you lose the feeling?

Anyways I found some threads on it but nothing that worries me; the cabs were made to fit with the kind of amplifier (the back is quite different from what the google pictures show!). Both cabs are run at 8 ohm, linked with speakon cables.

Anyways I'll stop slurring over my own gear :$

Guest bshuker
yeaa H&K

wait, that isn't rackmount is it? :erm:

lolol shh

racks are all sold anyway, and theman is pending on the rackcase

but ya, shits gonna be so cash

Guest bshuker
nice, not so many cool LEDs though. You'll have to do a night shot while the tubes are warm.

hell yeah, should be epic. i've heard some really great tones from this amp aswell so i'm really keen

Archived