Well they're not a secret - look up club cool :p

Where are you playing? It's highly unlikely that I'll be able to make it but there's always a small chance!

I'm used to people doing all that for me and inviting me on Facebook :p

I'm playing at the Sapphire Lounge, just by Victoria coach station on Wednesday next week. Hopefully it'll be a step in the right direction :)

Guest bshuker
:awesome:

img8205i.jpg

img8211y.jpg

I HATE YOU

(love you)

i just don't like that you have the new mbp and mines a couple of years old now

bought a set of these. having bad luck with gibson pickups at the moment (they sound great when not squealing like esperbolo)

http://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/ZH-blackdog.html

not sure if i picked the right string spacing though

Right string spacing?? I never knew some guitars had such a difference in string spacing that it would make much of a difference? :S Plus i dont see any different options for different string spacings :LOL:

Right string spacing?? I never knew some guitars had such a difference in string spacing that it would make much of a difference? :S Plus i dont see any different options for different string spacings :LOL:

For example, I bought a certain humbucker which only comes in vintage style gibson spacing (50mm). it went into my strat, which has 53mm spacing or so. there was enough of a difference to hear it actually - i had to angle the humbucker.

i went with 53 mm for my les paul...think they're roughly that. (stewmac says TOM bridges are 51.56 mm i think) but that shouldn't make a big difference.

and you can choose either 50 or 53 mm. not 51.56 mm :eek:

i think old fender hardtails are actually 56mm???

For example, I bought a certain humbucker which only comes in vintage style gibson spacing (50mm). it went into my strat, which has 53mm spacing or so. there was enough of a difference to hear it actually - i had to angle the humbucker.

i went with 53 mm for my les paul...think they're roughly that. (stewmac says TOM bridges are 51.56 mm i think) but that shouldn't make a big difference.

and you can choose either 50 or 53 mm. not 51.56 mm :eek:

i think old fender hardtails are actually 56mm???

Ahhh fair enough i didnt realise the distances were actually that much, :p

That could explain a couple of things with my two guitars which had sexy time and swapped a picked... :facepalm: One is TOM, the other is hardtail :LOL:

I Imagine the 50 should be closer for the TOM? but i cant see the nearly 1mm difference making much of an issue :p

Ahhh fair enough i didnt realise the distances were actually that much, :p

That could explain a couple of things with my two guitars which had sexy time and swapped a picked... :facepalm: One is TOM, the other is hardtail :LOL:

I Imagine the 50 should be closer for the TOM? but i cant see the nearly 1mm difference making much of an issue :p

yeah, it would obviously, BUT the thing is...last time I got a BKP, it was 53 MM and it lined up perfectly with the poll pieces (this went into an SG, which has the same bridge etc)..so either way it should be fine.

yeah, it would obviously, BUT the thing is...last time I got a BKP, it was 53 MM and it lined up perfectly with the poll pieces (this went into an SG, which has the same bridge etc)..so either way it should be fine.

Hmm odd, Im guessing tho that if you have the pickup pretty high though, the difference would be nearly entierly negligible compared to if you have the pickup pretty low?

as in closer to the strings? doesn't make a difference i don't think

But each pole has its own magnetic field so to speak ye? So if you move them closer to the strings, but they are the wrong width apart, Then there is more of a chance of the strings being wholly in the magnetic fields as if you were to lower them?

Might find you like the slight difference in tone you get anyway :p

i could kinda do with two.. and theyre dead cheap

but something is telling me i cba.

the whammy up your arse :awesome:

on another topic ebay's doing my fucking head in with that survey bollocks when you close the window

Archived