The one's i've played have this kind of dull sound to them. They sound fine acoustically, it's just the pups i'm sure.

If anyone has seen the Chevelle live DVD, he's using a PRS of some sort and you can really hear what i'm talking about.

Yeah I know what you mean, really boring tone he has tbf though.

It's pretty good on the albums! But yeh, not much variety or anything. Anyway, he sounds miles worse live than he does on CD and I put a lot of that down to the PRS mainly because the ones I tried sounded the same.

Yeah on the albums he sounds pretty good, but I'd definately agree live. That may have something to do with his amp set up live though but I'm not sure.

Jon, stop trying. You're wrong. The characteristics of an eBowed note and a sustained/loud note aren't the same, at all.

not true.

the characteristics of an ebow and resonant feedback (which doesn't always break into a harmonic) is exactly the same when holding a note.

though what jonno is talking about is complete nonsense, don't even need to pick or use yur volume control for any of this, just like using an eBow, if you are playing loud enough, just hammer the notes and it'll work as what is actually going on is very similar.

another point, would you rather use an ebow and play to the crowd, or, turn your back on them to do something far fiddlier that doesn't sound as good...

????

i don't need to turn around and it sounds exactly the same :) just the eBow is a little easier to work with... but then people know how i'm getting infinite sustain...

I always manage to clip mics. :(

What about recording? I know I can't always crank an amp when recording because of clipping.

sounds like your preamp might be quite high gain, you should be able to crank amps right up.. what mics are we talking about here, sm-57's? they can take a battering SPL wise, so maybe you'd be well off looking into a -10/20dB pad?

Archived